Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

tower time posted:

Head of the Iowa Democratic Party resigned today due to health issues. His brief tenure as head of the party saw the state delegation voting for Perez as a bloc and their candidate for a special election in a state house congressional district failing to file paperwork in time to get on the ballot.

look you need to be realistic. no one has time to actually "support a local candidate" and why should they? we need to donate to the national party to enrich our betters.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

Karl Barks posted:

pod save america has 151k follower but each tweet gets like 2 rt and 30~ favs. chapo has 38k and get 50-100 rt and 600+ favs..... makes u think

idk what this means

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

zegermans posted:

I feel like if a Bad Dem did something this cringy on twitter we'd have 2 pages making fun of it

welcome to the suck zone politics where policy determines whether people like you or not.

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

Gene Hackman Fan posted:

i'll admit that this is my own personal bias at play here, but y'all don't understand what the classic rock stations are like down here in tennessee. their playlists are designed to take everything you like about old/older music and torture you with it. and they get creative with it, too -- it's not just them playing bad songs, like david essex's "rock on" even though they play that as often as they report the traffic, but they'll also take the worst entries from good bands and play them every hour on the hour. you like van halen? get ready for the the quarterly playing of "ain't talking bout love" because bob the manager at predatory checkcasher's down on kingston pike can't get enough of it (even though the franchise holder threatened to terminate his agreement if there's one more sexual harassment suit, but they buy ad time at the station so gently caress it).

my night manager gig at o'reilly auto parts involved waiting in a dull, bone-aching dread that they play pink floyd's "welcome to the machine" on sunday afternoons during the after-church rush, and right when you start to think they may actually give it a pass, they spring it on you when everybody and their cousin comes in with the really oddball seals they're trying to get matched up while the only other counter worker is desperately trying to ring up the oil and washer fluid buys from the 1500 other people in line acting as if they never heard the day's sermon on the golden rule and how patience is a virtue.

i mean, what other choice did we have? the building was a giant faraday cage where you could only pick up two stations. and if you think i was gonna tune into the fuckin' office rock station? listen: i may sleep with a loaded gun in my mouth every night, but i specifically draw the line at having to listen to one more goddamned celine dionne song from a romantic drama soundtrack one more time because then i might actually follow through.

i know the words to "because you loved me" and "my heart will go on." that was not by choice.

Radio playlists aren't dictated by the local ad-buys. They are data-driven and they all play from the same list of 500 songs, especially for classic rock. Your radio station is owned by either cumulus or clearchannel and it is identical to every other classic rock radio station across the country.

The DJ is probably not even local, lol.

ate shit on live tv has issued a correction as of 20:50 on Jun 30, 2017

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth
Tennessee surely has its own unique flavor of suck, but the radio station quality is just the status quo of the country. if you had an independent local radio station (which might exist in Nashville) it would be an automatic improvement over the rest of the commodified and focus grouped media market.

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

punk rebel ecks posted:

Why do people like Angela Merkel so much? Like everything I've read about her is bad.

identity politics

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

Joementum posted:

I hate when politicians are in the pocket of Big Ice Cream

more like Chunky MONEY am I right?

lol which dnd poster is she?

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

Jazerus posted:

to be fair the trade federation were libertarians

I thought that was the ferengi because see they always pursued prof......

Wait, you almost tricked me, I'm not going to discuss fantasy universes. The Star Wars movies suck.

q.e.d.

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

Frijolero posted:

Bernie hates capitalism and yet he participates in capitalism :smug:

Bernie is against corporations releasing carbon dioxide, and yet he himself releases carbon dioxide??

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth
Bernie has popular policies that his appeal is based off of. Hillary didn't and her "appeal" was forced. In fact I hope the GoP goes whole hog against Bernie and he wins anyway.

e: And while we are hoping, I hope Single payer gets passed in the first 100 days of his presidency just as an added gently caress you to 2016 bad dem status quo.

ate shit on live tv has issued a correction as of 22:03 on Jul 1, 2017

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

logikv9 posted:

*whispers softly* it has never been nor will it ever be good

Wrong. It's always been good, and supporting hillary at anytime in history has always been bad. Ban yourself, seek salvation.

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

Concerned Citizen posted:

They took a % of all the money they raised. I don't know why campaigns keep agreeing to these terms.

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

Agean90 posted:

I like how trump has accidently exploited the fact that if you make fun of the media they drop everything to defend themselves. trumps only taken advantage of it by accident imagine how great it'll be when someone who doesn't have holes in their head exploits it

I think you are underestimating Trump and if 11/9 didn't teach you then I'm not sure you can be helped.

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

Joementum posted:

not much use to having an affair if it doesn't lead to that

Nice!

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

Anta posted:

I know almost nothing about American Football, this was a draw/win for the kicking team that they turned into a hilarious loss by trying to run up the score?

Yep. It was a super long field goal that would be difficult for even a really good field-goal kicker (something like 50yards), but the kickers longest field goal was 20 yards, and he was 1 for 2 so it was literally a long-shot that back-fired spectacularly.

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

Yea I heard trump was so mad he tweeted about it immediately. Oh wait no he didn't.

Huh, guess this is just another "#resistance" circle-jerk.

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

Shear Modulus posted:

reducing inequality would do a lot to reduce racism because it would remove a lot of economic stressors that trump and the rest of the conservative movement have been cynically redirecting towards immigrants and welfare queens

But it wouldn't "Solve" Racism, therefore it's not worth it to even try.

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

UHD posted:

so when do the french people break out the guillotines

because if anyone is going to violently overthrow their lovely government it'll be the french

past performance doesn't predict future outcomes.

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth
fortunately it was not and will never be "her turn."

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

Feldegast42 posted:

Honestly though if she runs again I think she would go down like Jeb! did.

That would be awesome.

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

everyone's kamala harris hate itt is really weird given she's in agreement with most of bernie's platform

You know who else was 95% similar to Bernie?

That's Right. Hillary.

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth
Who's the cutie from hawaii that the suck zone likes to meltdown over. I hope she wins and institutes full communism now.

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

zegermans posted:

"Uh yeah uh mister sand-erz, it sure golly sounds like this here plan of yours may help the coloreds too? I don't think I can stand for that, theyz need to stop bein lazy"

why the quotes? you don't need to hide your personal racism here in the suck zone.

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

AstheWorldWorlds posted:

When pressed for the persons real name all Booker could do is stammer "Tyrone.... Tyrone" then with a quick series of punctuated snaps of his finger "Ah yes, Tyrone Smithers. That's him"

:lol:

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

What odious thing has she done, besides being the most leftward of the centrist dems left in the senate.

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

Karl Barks posted:

zegermans used to post under an alias "t-paine" in LF true story

lol no. Don't give him that much credit.

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth
I like new LF.

Yospos is still pretty good too.

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

WhiskeyJuvenile posted:

"political capital" is probably best understood as "leverage over other peoples' electoral fortunes"

which is why Obama didn't have any re: healthcare, because what leverage did he have over Lieberman?

the first good wj post? other then when admitted to be a huge concern troll ofc.

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

Shear Modulus posted:

eh, that's whatever. i can understand how they would not want to be constantly harassed by pepes

yea I'm sure it's the "Pepe's" that were telling them they suck.

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

did you know: the dscc under chuck schumer cleared the field for bernie's first run for senate so he could run as an independent without a dem splitting the vote

nah sounds like ex-post facto bullshit to me.

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

Take's so spicy they couldn't be contained on twitter. (deleted)

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

Feldegast42 posted:

I found it hard to talk about Trump's poo poo since Bill did pretty bad (but not quite as bad) things too.

:yikes:

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

zegermans posted:

this is bullshit. they literally had the mothers of the people whose deaths created the black lives matter movement talk at the convention. And yes there was a bad interaction once between Clinton and a BLM activist at a fundraiser but seriously we all know those types of confrontations have no good resolution - the confronter will just yell until kicked out and then complain about the injustice of it all.

yea usually they are too uppity for the optics of a "serious" campaign.

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

:perfect:

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

Yinlock posted:

i take the controversial stance that slavery is bad

Look you need to be pragmatic, besides you wouldn't want Trump to win would you?

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

"Ordinary People," seriously? clearly he means racist white people.

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

SKULL.GIF posted:

Between the population spiking up massively and the planet entering a global climate crisis I don't see any way that this ends without lots of blood being spilled

Sounds like overpopulation is a self-addressing problem.

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

Condiv posted:

but if they're truly devoted to the causes of PoC like they claim, having a hero like reagan is extremely problematic. reagan left the dem party, but he framed it as "i didn't leave the democrats, the democrats left me..." well, the major thing that changed between reagan supporting the dems and reagan becoming a republican was the civil rights movement.

how can they think they're actually allies to PoC and at the same time hold as a hero a man who left the democrats because they weren't racist enough for him anymore?

identity politics isn't consistent, plus their concern about PoC is more virtue signaling then genuine.

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

A good list.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

jBrereton posted:

OK but if you want everyone to live as good as whitey (which by people arguing for higher min. wage/guaranteed work they also believe is not opulent enough in many cases) surely you can see how this is a problem

Only within these United States. National Borders + a permissive but not unlimited immigration policy are as good as you are going to get for a long time. Additionally strong controls on out-sourcing to prevent Multinational Corporations from exploiting the countries outside of ours.

• Locked thread