Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

making my first appearance on page 5

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

i came in blindly and hoped that would happen, and was rewarded :3:

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

hosed

up

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Homeless Friend posted:

Whats happenin

Went into a mostly random thread:

quote:

It's really very simply. Republicans fall in line. Democrats dont. This is because we have a monopoly on critical thinking skills. Unfortunately, it also means that we've convinced a whole wing of the party not to vote for 'wall street' candidates, conveniently forgetting that that's literally all candidates because it turns out wall street, whether they should be or not, actually is important.

quote:

bernie is simultaneously so unpopular that a candidate in his image would have lost but so popular that he is making it so centrist dems lose every election?

quote:

sorry for the stealth edit: but yes. It turns out you can be both. If, say, the tea parties hadn't voted trump, he would have lost. Every vote matters, and every person who stays home because the democrats aren't idiologically pure is partly responsible for the mess we're in now.

Of course, gerrymandering and voter suppression are also to blame but we should focus on the thing that might actually change.

lol

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

"the only reasonable change is that we kill bernie sanders"

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Shear Modulus posted:

here's a funny article/editorial about the whole rodney stooksburry thing

https://www.currentaffairs.org/2017/06/ghost-candidates-are-not-acceptable

Stooksbury!

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Stooksbury's afraid to leave his stook

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Baloogan posted:

I will never drink that cuck nectar

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

lmao

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

if no one thinks she's running, how can she lose????

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

women became men, POC became white, and LGBTQ people became straight.

bernie folks absolutely will be called anti-semites come primary season lol

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Montasque posted:

How the gently caress can people think Single Payer is racist or sexist? WHAT THE gently caress?

They don't actually think it, it's just extremely important for the type of person who typically spews this poo poo to paint their more progressive peers as nasty people who don't care about women and minorities because at the end of the day their personal goal is "end racism/sexism/etc." and then magically benefit from the current economic status quo.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Note that when it comes to the people who spout this poo poo, you can usually find some hilarious racism/sexism/homophobia/transphobia in their history; or, in the case of folks like Joan Walsh, get them to just meltdown right into it really easily lol

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

etalian posted:

Nothing says feminist icon by standing her man, when the man was accused of sexual harassment by multiple women or caught cheating on his wife.

"Listen to women."

"Unless doing so would hurt your political aspirations, in which case shame and destroy them."

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

lmao

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

lol is the argument being made literally "we can't do two things!!!"

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

i still laugh at that infographic someone at PP's PAC whipped up that essentially boiled down to "Bernie: Sponsored some poo poo, we guess; Hillary: *detailed listing of any PP-related thing she even so much as looked at*"

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Like I made it a point to separate PP from it's PAC in that case but supporting CA's single-payer bill being killed is just lovely as gently caress

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

anime was right posted:

sun-blazing take: support single payer but also making PP a government institution with additional funding

that's two things.

we're a one thing party.

the one thing is losing

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

none of us are threatening their survival

in fact it appears to be quite the opposite, which is hosed up

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Crowsbeak posted:

What the gently caress is Ciroc?

$40 vodka lol

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

lmao

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

if hillaryis44 is anything to go by, ESS, /r/neoliberal, etc. should be really fun by 2020

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

SHY NUDIST GRRL posted:

We must never let bad Dems lives this down

but the percentages!!!!

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

lol

https://twitter.com/rtyson82/status/879486373408931840

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

lol this is my first time seeing this

what a whiny piece of garbage.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

obama basically had two choices when it came to the ACA and his legacy: either push it as a stepping stone to actual good health policy and thus have a legacy of building to that; or try to continue to push the ACA as a good program that works for everyone and is the best and just repeat that a bunch until everyone goes "sure".

unsurprisingly, he picked the largely selfish option because he wanted a bigger legacy than just "paved the way for single-payer".

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

SHY NUDIST GRRL posted:

It seems like Obama's career is a parade of trying to create and preserve a legacy causing what destroys it

he deserves it

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

GalacticAcid posted:

Re ~ election thread

After posting like 20 times a day for years, this was the last D&D post computer parts ever made.

:rip:

i still wonder why folks like him and obdicut just completely disappeared after election night

like im thankful for it but it was weird as hell.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Raskolnikov38 posted:

because they'd have to eat crow and they're cowards

see i considered this but someone wouldn't actually completely stop going to an entire forum because they were wrong (and spent like a year being so) in one subforum, right?

...right?

docbeard posted:

I prefer to think that Obdicut is just writing a massive post in which he reminds us no less than 3.8 trillion times that he works in public health and it's just taking this long to type.

obdicut was for real my favorite person. he was an expert on literally everything; including knowing more about the intricacies of interpretation than someone who actually worked as an interpreter (because he translated documents, you see).

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

my only knowledge of handmaid's tale is that it seems extremely good at terrifying affluent white women

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

the dishonestly from someone who is presumably pretty well acquainted with how much our courts love sending black people to jail is pretty loving lol

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

zegermans posted:

Handmaids Tale costumes are kinda silly but this thread is worst when it's sniping and bickering at people literally trying to do anything other that post in the most hated thread on the most hated subforum of a bad message board.

the people that hate this thread are people im fine being hated by~

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Zoran posted:

most hated thread has to be the pre-election dems thread and it's not close

no it was the bernie thread,

and i assume there's a large amount of crossover between the people who hated that thread and the ones that hate this one

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Matt Zerella posted:

if you hated the Bernie thread you hate fun

objectively loving true

people got spiteful as poo poo when it came to that thread, too

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

loquacius posted:

I don't know who Nina Turner is but anyone is better than Jeff Weaver so :toot:

Well I can tell you this:

she's a white male now

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

i wonder what its like to be in a constant state of circling the wagons over constructive criticism

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

lol this thread

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

the bitcoin of weed posted:

I can't get over the post he quoted lmao

ossof's entire economic message was "I did a business and can do an economy, and we should make the minimum wage a uh good one" that's not a loving platform

They don't actually want a platform.

Frijolero posted:

I mean it looks bad, but it's really just CC posting on his alts.

:discourse:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Nonsense posted:

lol

"PROUD OBAMA/CLINTON DEMOCRAT"

oh good i was afraid i was the only person who'd mouseover'd that person and promptly giggled

• Locked thread