Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
The tick-tock of two party politics means that the Dems will likely win a shitload of seats in 2018 against an insanely unpopular president almost regardless of what they actually do.

The big problem imo isn't that the Dems won't get into power again but that they will be of the same type that won't actually fix anything fundamentally wrong with the country. If the left wing party isn't genuinely dedicated to addressing climate change/health care/wealth inequality/racial justice/constant war issues then the country is like super hosed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
I was as down as everyone else here about the Zuck presidential campaign until I read today that he really likes Iowa. Really did a 180 on my opinion on him after that.

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/SamSacks/status/879312779500556292

I'm getting close to Ironically liking Joy

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
Paul Ryan carries election over Yankovich by narrow margin after weeks of Trump tweets about the Wisconsin Foot Bitch

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
lol what in the gently caress is this

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/jon-ossoff-what-democrats-won-in-georgia/2017/06/26/0f097992-5a84-11e7-9fc6-c7ef4bc58d13_story.html

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe

Matt Zerella posted:

"we call it means-er testing"

e-testing

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe

lol

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
iirc him/his family were big Dem donors so I think he just copy and pasted poo poo from their Online Instant Response Social Media poo poo that he was probably on a list for

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
I'm going to with chin since it is below her mouth and also because she appears to already have a nose

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
My opinion on the unborn differs greatly depending on if they are launching any innovative startups or not

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe

Aurubin posted:

Was there anything equivalent to Bernie would have won in 2004? I know Dean was the progressive candidate before betraying that with 10 years of lobbying, but what were the hot takes of 2004? I wasn't politically active at the time, what with being in middle school, but I don't recall much self-reflection on the Dems part then either.

Dean had like 5% of Kerry's delegates, he faded out super fast once the voting got started. He wasn't really comparable to Sanders campaign at all.

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe

loquacius posted:

I don't know who Nina Turner is but anyone is better than Jeff Weaver so :toot:

Nina Turner owns

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
There has been talk about Turner running for OH Gov, or at least people have started initial fundraising feelers for it.

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
I always pictured jeff weaver as Weaver, the time-altering bug hero from Dota 2

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
I wager that there is some entrenched resistance (ie not just big donor money or whatever) from Dems who viewed ACA as their signature big career legislative accomplishment being told it kind of sucks. I don't know if that goes away if they get more public feedback/yelling about it or if you have to elect people divorced from the original process.

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe

Al! posted:

then why tf does he give a gently caress about cuomo lol

He is an idiot

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe

consumed by normies posted:

The Victory for #HillaryMen

Tonight, we hope that this nation will recognize the first female President-Elect in our 240-year history. We also expect Hillary Clinton to represent all of the country if she accepts the mantle of leadership, and to offer a vision of inclusiveness and healing as we turn from the crude and ugly candidacy her opponent, to focus on the incredible achievement of a broad and truly diverse coalition. That coalition is one of the most important and rewarding aspects of this election, and it’s personally thrilling that amidst the often ugly sexism and bigotry of these many months that such a diverse electorate stands ready to make history. That coalition includes many millions of “Hillary Men.”

Email This Google+ Twitter Facebook Pinterest LinkedIn Google Bookmarks Google Mail Reddit Delicious Yahoo Bookmarks Amazon (US) Wish List Odnoklassniki Google Apps Mail Evernote StumbleUpon Digg Mister-Wong PrintFriendly Windows Live Favorites Tumblr Read Later Facebook Send Yammer Box.net WordPress Blog Techmeme YC Hacker News Diigo AOL Mail Yahoo! Mail Outlook Amazon Kindle It Mixi Sina Weibo Xing Houzz MSDN Instapaper Soup.io Inbound.org HootSuite Plurk Arto Kik Line Google Classroom Microsoft OneNote Symphony Fancy VK Wanelo Buffer Amazon Universal Registry Pinboard.in Stumpedia Viadeo Yahoo Messenger AIM Skype Yummly Flipboard Wykop iZeby TinyURL TypePad Post Blogger Post We Heart It Kaboodle Bit.ly Mail Meneame Diigolet Pocket Fark

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
Finally, a SuperPac. Just what the Dems need imo to push them over the top

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
I will never vote for Cuomo for anything in a million years I don't really care who he is running against

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
He certainly still seems agile enough to catch that hen apparently, based on that internet video that gets posted frequently onto this message board

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
Dems should run their refrigerator so that they better uh should go catch it. Dang it, still trying to workshop this one hang on.

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe

SKULL.GIF posted:

I've barely kept up with this story, how come everyone is praising this cop and playing platitudes?

Is it because she's black and female? It is isn't it

I think it is because she got shot in the head op

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
No More War -- USA is the best one

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe

Grondoth posted:

The error people keep trying to point out is that people seem to have convinced themselves that everyone who doesn't live in one of like 4 american big cities is a virulent, boiling racist who's hoarding guns and is just looking for a chance to shoot someone who looks just a little different than them.

This isn't true. This is the same fiction that is peddled by the right, that every city has a teeming criminal underbelly that is just waiting to murder everyone who isn't used to seeing skyscrapers when they wake up. It's a stupid, and quite frankly, very cowardly, way of looking at the world.

I agree with this post. Keep truckin'

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
Turn your monitor on and use it to grow crops

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe

MizPiz posted:

But we need their wives to win the next election :ohdear:

A Panera Chicken, Kale & Sweet Potato Soup in every pot

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
What is the deal with NY Dems anyways they are a loving weird bunch

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe

rudatron posted:

'Nuke plants take forever to build ' is a dumb meme, if the political will exists they can be built quickly. Its excessive safety concerns and political oppisition that's lead to a drop in construction, not technical challenges.

lol

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/Olivianuzzi/status/885503216334536706

lol

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
I suggest instead we should finally get around to discussing what happened in the 2016 Democrat Presidential Primary

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
I only understand politics if it can be easily related to my favorite anime characters

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/neeratanden/status/886754739450413056

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
Yo this intercept article though https://theintercept.com/2017/07/19/u-s-lawmakers-seek-to-criminally-outlaw-support-for-boycott-campaign-against-israel/

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
zegermans stop posting

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/JStein_Vox/status/888091177014243329

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GHV8rZX4k8A&t=56s

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
In this humble reporter's opinion, the lanyards really stepped in it this time

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
Trump is going to win with a 30% approval rating by wearing an AMERICA loving RULES hat

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe

loquacius posted:

"Better skills" is lame but honestly at least they realize they need to focus on the economy this time

baby steps y'all

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DZR1gSvnOI0

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
I just thought of a new slogan, check this out: "America Is Already Great!". I think it plays off the MAGA slogan in a clever way and reaches out to all the voters that think everything is actually not that bad and gets them onboard.

• Locked thread