Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mick ohio
Sep 24, 2007

So I says to Mabel, I says...
Hiya folks. My doctor brought up the possibility of breast reduction surgery today and I was hoping I could get some people to tell me what the process was like for them.

So, I have a bunch of questions. Answer whichever ones make sense for you.

When did you first start thinking about breast reduction?
What kind of problems were you having (pain, insecurity, etc.)?
What was it like to talk to friends, family, and loved ones about it? Did you have any push back?
What kind of research did you do about it?
Was there anything in particular that helped you make up your mind?
How was recovery?
What have the after-effects been for you? Pros/cons? Any regrets?
What advice do you have for someone who is considering this procedure?

Thanks!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bloodyshinta1
Aug 6, 2010
pics

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

John Smith
Feb 26, 2015

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
DON'T DO IT!!!

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.

mick ohio posted:

Hiya folks. My doctor brought up the possibility of breast reduction surgery today and I was hoping I could get some people to tell me what the process was like for them.

So, I have a bunch of questions. Answer whichever ones make sense for you.
What advice do you have for someone who is considering this procedure?

My advice based on the above is to also seek advice or read discussion of this subject elsewhere-you're unfortunately going to be getting an especially high signal-to-noise ratio on this subject.

The medigoons subforum would be a good starting place, and folks there may also be able to direct you to better places to get info on the experiences of people considering this procedure.

There are some specific breast surgery, and even breast reduction surgery, specific discussion boards online, but as with many such surgical-treatment-specific fora, they often fall into two categories:

1. Subsidized by people offering the procedure.
2. Run by crazy people.

mick ohio
Sep 24, 2007

So I says to Mabel, I says...

Discendo Vox posted:

My advice based on the above is to also seek advice or read discussion of this subject elsewhere-you're unfortunately going to be getting an especially high signal-to-noise ratio on this subject.

The medigoons subforum would be a good starting place, and folks there may also be able to direct you to better places to get info on the experiences of people considering this procedure.

There are some specific breast surgery, and even breast reduction surgery, specific discussion boards online, but as with many such surgical-treatment-specific fora, they often fall into two categories:

1. Subsidized by people offering the procedure.
2. Run by crazy people.

Thanks. Closing the thread now.

• Locked thread