Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
kalel
Jun 19, 2012

:five::five::five::five::five::five::five::five:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

oh poo poo

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

This one didn't get enough love. Bravo

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

the master does it again

My thoughts exactly

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

Classic

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

Joe Mama Poonana posted:

you really want to know?

yes, you can do this through photoshop by itself. the multi frame part can be done through (i think it used to be called Animation) but is now Timeline though the Window menu. I want to really point this out because while it sounds easier to do it through some point and click interface, i can literally get the job done in 1/3 of the time it takes to do this through some unix/linux command lines instead of some GUI cursor in photoshop. writing up photoshop scripts is bs

I am one of those fuckin goon unix nerds so I am more familiar with using ffmpeg (command line app) to convert a video grabbed via a known downloading youtube vid app link to some pngs between 16-20 png frames a second from a certain time frame from the video on youtube

I then use a decent image manipulation program (photoshop is standard, but open source gimp on your mainstream operating system of choice will do the job more than enough) to manipulate the certain image assets based on its previous frame regarding its future frame, if that makes any sense

turning those png back into a single gif file I use a known command line app called imagemagick to both composite the photoshopped zoolandeer scene into some royalty-free cinema background image as well as join the png files into a full blown gif with acceptable animated gif compression profiles

the gasoline scene and the babby reaction scene frames were done separately and joined into one single gif via the imagemagick convert command. no downloading some adware ani gif app or loving with photoshop or whatever. literally entering "image1.gif + image2.gif = image3.gif" with correct syntax into the terminal, it was done within 3 hours total, including whatever frame modifying i did. frame by frame.

i bet you if i was decent at adobe after effects i could cut the time spent on this in half or maybe shorter and make the animation look smoother. i think i have this buried goal of becoming somethingawful's next everdraed in the future. whether that will happen, no one knows.

there is your answer. enjoy.

if your response if "gently caress command line apps" then i don't blame you. it's bullshit. but so is most major religions.

this post is so me

• Locked thread