Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
ive only played paradise and its only made me more care that none of the others are on pc.

trust me when i say it is really fun, and the game does everything in its power to make you have a great time and feel good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy

Fungah! posted:

ive never played a burnout game :sweatdrop:
wtf

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

ArfJason posted:

ive only played paradise and its only made me more care that none of the others are on pc.

trust me when i say it is really fun, and the game does everything in its power to make you have a great time and feel good

ok, im buyin it right now and im gonna see if i can steal my buddy's racing wheel. fuckin pumped

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Fungah! posted:

ok, im buyin it right now and im gonna see if i can steal my buddy's racing wheel. fuckin pumped

burnout is better with a controller

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

trying to jack off posted:

burnout is better with a controller

he told m e to gently caress off when i asked so controller it is

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Yeah burnout is a arcade game and not a sim style racer. Controllers are perfect for it

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy
Nostalgia always tells me that 3 is the best Burnout simply because that's the one I spent like 300 hours playing, but they're all incredible arcade racers.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

is the surge good? has anyone played it? i saw a lot of gameplay and it looks solid

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

il ike arf's post a lot so ill do the same wth some cheap games i love:

bionic commando rearmed the original bionic commando is one of my favorite nes games ever and this is an excellent remake. the levels are super well designed around your grappling arm, grappling feels amazing, and everything feels super satisfying. i had some trouble getting this working on my comp but for 2.50, it's worth a shot

brigador isometric mech game with tons of different loadouts, three different major types of vehicle with tons of subtypes, and some of the most satisfying city destruction in ages. this was one of my favorite short burst games from last year, i still load it up every now and then to do a freelance mission or two

logic puzzle pack big draw here is the hexcells trilogy, which are some of the best logic puzzles i've ever played. small, super well done games with very satisfying puzzles, highly recommend

la-mulana remake of an extremely badass msx-style metroidvania puzzle platformer. good platforming, great puzzles, loving amazing soundtrack, this is one of my favorite games ever, even if some poo poo's a little overly obtuse. if you get this, keep a notebook in front of you as you play

reccettear dungeon crawling shopkeeper simulator with a fun script. running the shop is the best part of the game, really easy to get sucked into

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

lol theyre selling the steam link for 15 bucks

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Larry Parrish posted:

Its shame because I couldn't really stand 13-2. I loved 13 though which nearly everyone else online tells me is garbage

13-2's easily the weakest in my eyes. Lightning Returns is so good though.

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Streets of Rogue is pretty fun. it's early access, but I got like 20 hours of fun out of it, and i think that's a good deal for 7.49. the basic premise is that it takes immersive sim type gameplay from game slike *shock and deus ex, and puts it into a randomly generated pixel art city environment. you hack computers, steal stuff, get into gun fights etc. to complete quests and make your way through levels.

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Hollow knight is good right

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

frank.club posted:

Hollow knight is good right

heard nothing but praise for it but i rarely ever pay more than 7 bucks for anything cause argentina

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Hyper Light Drifter 10$ - an excellent 2d action game with gorgeous art, music, and tons of style. probably my goty 2016

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

extremebuff posted:

Hyper Light Drifter 10$ - an excellent 2d action game with gorgeous art, music, and tons of style. probably my goty 2016

Same lol. Its so loving good. Buy this game folks

Fiend Matador
Feb 19, 2011

Fungah! posted:

la-mulana remake of an extremely badass msx-style metroidvania puzzle platformer. good platforming, great puzzles, loving amazing soundtrack, this is one of my favorite games ever, even if some poo poo's a little overly obtuse. if you get this, keep a notebook in front of you as you play

La-Mulana rules but yeah it definitely requires some notepad gaming. Suddenly remembering a hint you saw ages ago and having all the pieces of some intricate puzzle come together in your mind is one hell of a feeling.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Seraph is £2 and looks cool. I remember there being some buzz about it pre release then it came out to great reviews by the three people who remembered to buy it. He'll I'll go for it

Also Hollow Knight, WotS 4 and Conquest of Elysium 4

Lunchmeat Larry fucked around with this message at 09:34 on Jun 23, 2017

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011

The sales have commenced - let's do this!

Fungah! posted:

ive never played a burnout game :sweatdrop:

If you like arcade street racing and Guns 'N' Roses, I think it's definitely worth a shot! I myself am normally more into racing sims over arcade racers, (Dirt Rally especially, this past year) but I liked BOP quite a lot!

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011
As for me, I bought a $50 Steam gift card at 10% off (Big W, if there's anyone else from Aus lurking around here) yesterday in preparation for the sale, and have so far bought Dishonoured 2, This War of Mine and Life is Strange. (The second two after having them recommended to me many times over the last few weeks) I know I probably should've waited a bit for D2 in case the price is cut further later on, but well, I consider 50% off for the sequel to one of my favourite stealth games to be worth the cost! Hopefully it lives up to the original

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Life is Strange is the only good walking simulator/feels game thing in my book

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011

Larry Parrish posted:

Life is Strange is the only good walking simulator/feels game thing in my book

Ah, well that's good news! I admit I was a little dubious, but the guy who was singing it praise has good taste in games, so I'm glad I took the plunge in the end, then

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

I'm too broke even for the Steam sale right now so I just got Burnout Paradise and Strike Suit Zero. Maybe I'll cave and get Mirage: Arcane Warfare or Battle Brothers by the end.

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Major Isoor posted:

As for me, I bought a $50 Steam gift card at 10% off (Big W, if there's anyone else from Aus lurking around here) yesterday in preparation for the sale, and have so far bought Dishonoured 2, This War of Mine and Life is Strange. (The second two after having them recommended to me many times over the last few weeks) I know I probably should've waited a bit for D2 in case the price is cut further later on, but well, I consider 50% off for the sequel to one of my favourite stealth games to be worth the cost! Hopefully it lives up to the original

All these games are really good. Well, I haven't played a whole lot of This War of Mine but I liked what I did play. I enjoyed Dishonored 2 more than the first (which I also really liked) and while I won't say Life is Strange is the only good feels game like Larry I will say it's the best.

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

Saw necrodancer was cheap so I picked that up as well.

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

crossposting from games since i think most imps dont visit there (I dont either except for steam threads):

Bundlestars has dead cells for $12.40 and there's an additional 5% discount code which brings you to $11.78. There's a thread with positive reviews in Imp Zone so check there if you're not sure you want an early access title

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

dishonored 2 for 20 so soon is nuts. def picking it up

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

I'm not buying anything. I will finish my backlog before buying new games.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

extremebuff posted:

dishonored 2 for 20 so soon is nuts. def picking it up
yeah i might do that

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

got rtayman legends..i looked it up and yeah, all the bad touchpad levels on wiiu now let you control rayman and the touch stuff was relegated to a button you press to switch platforms and such around. so instead of a bad gimmick where youre waiting around for a slow AI theres a slew of new good rayman levels lol

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Its so ridiculous to me that people bitched about the port ruining the original experience when its so much better now. Completely insane.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

gently caress ubisoft forever though for this uplay bs. minor annoyance but still

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
I had a hard time thinking ubisoft could be any gayer but then they go and remove driver san fran from steam

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Every one of my interactions with uplay were super painless but granted i wasnt there for the shitshow ac2s launch was.i dobt mind even though its unnecessary but removibg games to force you to use their store is so lame

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dishonered 2 is really really good.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

ArfJason posted:

Every one of my interactions with uplay were super painless but granted i wasnt there for the shitshow ac2s launch was.i dobt mind even though its unnecessary but removibg games to force you to use their store is so lame

it didnt work early on and the whole idea was that it was extra DRM on top of steam's stuff for assassin's creed, but their servers were kaput so you couldn't play it if you bought it legally vs. just pirating the perfect fan patched cracked version that would run lol

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

frank.club posted:

Dishonered 2 is really really good.

i liked it a lot, but got distracted and still haven't beaten the last mission

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

think this is my haul unless i add dishonored 2

Only registered members can see post attachments!

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

why buy wots3 orver wots 4

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

ArfJason posted:

listen. If you play ubisoft games, you are a cuckold.

• Locked thread