Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Evil Eagle posted:

It's the perfect time to get the whole Lightning series for $28. They're top tier rpgs

I may pick up XIII-2 bc its the only one I didnt replay when the PC versions were coming out.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Also DMC4 Special Edition since i just bought 1 and 3 anyway.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Burnout Paradise is on sale for 5 bucks and that game is godlike.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Anybody ever play the steam version of Dead Rising? I've been curious about it but the last time I bought a mildly old Capcom game on steam it took more effort to get it running than a DOS game.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

man nurse posted:

It is a very good port. Most every modern day Capcom PC release is a good port.

Ty.

One Man Trash posted:

Is Way of the Samurai 4 fun? And is it a good port?

also In Training did you ever play Ys VI: The Ark of Napishtim and if so, what did you think of it?

Napishtim is the weakest of that trilogy with that engine, I believe it was the first one they made with that tech and then produced Oath and Origins with it. So they were still figuring some stuff out with the level design and level curves but the combat is still really fast and fun and there's some good rear end bosses. It's worth checking out for 6 bucks if you've already played Oath and Origins

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Yeah burnout is a arcade game and not a sim style racer. Controllers are perfect for it

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Gaben you fat lard eat your dinner lol

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

CEDX FTMFW.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

In the last 6 months I've decided that Paradox is AIDS.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

HOI4 has been out for a year and since then they've added 8 focus trees and broken the game with every patch and charged 40 dollars for it. A week after release you could download user mod focus trees for every country in the game

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Quake 1 campaign is so good

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Steam version works fine you just need to swap out the music files for the original OST because they stripped out all the NIN music

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I've never finished doom 2

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I enjoyed Doom 2016 but I think it's about twice as long as it needed to be. I would probably replay it on arcade mode and stuff if you could blow through it in 4 hours and they put all the bosses better spaced out instead of dropping 3 of them in the last level for some reason.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The melee takedowns in Doom never stopped annoying me especially when you upgrade their range and your just teleporting around the screen like a VR game.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Larry Parrish posted:

I hated the doom demo but played some multiplayer at my friends house. It was funny owning people with the quake railgun/lg combo since apparently nobody knows how to play a real shooter anymore. I might buy it since it's on sale

If you actually absolutely hated the demo the full game won't really change your mind.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

There's no level design either. The entire game is a string of combat arenas. I enjoyed that in parts but that's why I thought it was way too long, there's nothing new or interesting after you get the shotgun and then the game last 12 hours long and has half life 2 style walk and talks and such

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

extremebuff posted:

they constantly introduce new enemies and theres a lot of wide open levels lol. the moments where the action dies down are awkward but theyre short and not at all as bad as the crap in hl2

There are 0 levels in the game where you can't kill enemies, because when I play FPS games I try to run past every enemy but in Doom 2016 there's rock slabs all over the game that won't go away until you kill everything. It's why I liked Titanfall 2 more, there's like 2 parts in the whole game you have fight your way out of a locked arena

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

It's the woke way to play FPSes

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

frank.club posted:

I can't imagine playing a doom game where I have to collect key cards to progress

Lol, but there's no card keys laying around the level in the new doom. You find a Blue Door and then a demon portal spawns next toit and you kill 40 demons and then they drop a Blue Key.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

ArfJason posted:

its fun to play games as intended and its also fun to see how far you can push not killing things and speedrunning with rocketjumps (quake 1 ftw)

Spending 10 minutes exploring E1M1 and then seeing a Par Time of thirty seconds permanently broke my brain

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The dlc is pretty rad. I don't have the prices in front of me but it's probably worth it, with the caveat that it's basically a puzzle pack and if you don't like the base gameplay you probably won't like a couple more hours of similar puzzles.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

mysterious loyall X posted:

i haven't, but wonder boy 3 and monster world 4 [with a girl...sjws? fuuuuu] are cool and you can play them for free

You can also buy them on steam in that genesis collection for pennies I believe

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Lol

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I bought Nex Machina bc it was cheaper than the PSN version

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

1) delete everything in the Steam directory EXCEPT the userdata and steamapps folders, as well as steam.exe, then ran Steam again and it's been fine ever since. (Still not a great solution, and it takes a little while ro re-download itself, but still. Better than putting up with it freezing all the time, etc.)
2) Maximize stamina until Level 34, then put all your points into your damage output of choice
3) Attack the Southwest corner of the Dragon Ballroom in 3-4 for approximately 40 seconds, which will open a path to the beat non-scaling weapon.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Larry Parrish posted:

I bought The Surge. It's no DS3 but it's fairly fast paced and pretty fun. I got killed by a cyber-Manikin.

this is one of the only posts in this forum about this game, found it searching. Just played this at a buddies and it seems kinda awesome. There's some cheap stuff that undercuts some of the basic design of a Souls-like (like healing not having an animation and you can do it while you're in a "being damaged" animation") and the finishing moves can make yourself invulnerable to other enemies during the duration. I mean of course DS has that too but those require parryin or position, but in this it snaps you into it from a pretty forgiving distance. But I like the speed of it a lot and all the enemies are basically Bloodborne hunters aka they move like you and have similar attack speeds and the limb targeting system is really really cool. I wanna pick it up next time it's cheap since I just missed the sale

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

SWAT4 kicks rear end.

• Locked thread