Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

im also gonna vouch for rayman legends and painkiller black, legends is a really fantastic platformer and the most nintendoey nonnintendo game ive played

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

is the surge good? has anyone played it? i saw a lot of gameplay and it looks solid

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Hyper Light Drifter 10$ - an excellent 2d action game with gorgeous art, music, and tons of style. probably my goty 2016

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

dishonored 2 for 20 so soon is nuts. def picking it up

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

got rtayman legends..i looked it up and yeah, all the bad touchpad levels on wiiu now let you control rayman and the touch stuff was relegated to a button you press to switch platforms and such around. so instead of a bad gimmick where youre waiting around for a slow AI theres a slew of new good rayman levels lol

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

gently caress ubisoft forever though for this uplay bs. minor annoyance but still

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

ArfJason posted:

Every one of my interactions with uplay were super painless but granted i wasnt there for the shitshow ac2s launch was.i dobt mind even though its unnecessary but removibg games to force you to use their store is so lame

it didnt work early on and the whole idea was that it was extra DRM on top of steam's stuff for assassin's creed, but their servers were kaput so you couldn't play it if you bought it legally vs. just pirating the perfect fan patched cracked version that would run lol

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

extremebuff posted:

is the surge good? has anyone played it? i saw a lot of gameplay and it looks solid

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

hollow knight very good

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

get DOOM 2016 if you havent already

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

new doom is good but i recommend just playing the arcade mode on hard or above once you get a feel for it.

the games mechanics make no sense on easy/normal because the healing and resources from melee attacks is super generous and the enemies arent really a threat

in hard and above even the weakest hits lop off big chunks of your health, and the melee system forces you to play like a linebacker charging through enemies in close quarters instead of being safe and defensive. its a ton of fun and there arent exactly loads of other good modern shooters. idk i think its lovely to dismiss it because its not 1:1 old doom with pretty graphics

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

In Training posted:

The melee takedowns in Doom never stopped annoying me especially when you upgrade their range and your just teleporting around the screen like a VR game.

the extended melee range rune is practically a cheat code and idk what they were thinking giving that to the player

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

In Training posted:

There's no level design either. The entire game is a string of combat arenas. I enjoyed that in parts but that's why I thought it was way too long, there's nothing new or interesting after you get the shotgun and then the game last 12 hours long and has half life 2 style walk and talks and such

they constantly introduce new enemies and theres a lot of wide open levels lol. the moments where the action dies down are awkward but theyre short and not at all as bad as the crap in hl2

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

that said a mode where its just generated murder arena after murder arena with only a second to breathe between them would be better than the campaign/arcade mode

theres a really awesome, addictive action game in there and when they plug it to have you go get a key or something it sucks rear end

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

i play shooting games to run past everything and avoid the level design - someone normal probably

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

think this is my final haul

dishonored 2
rayman legends
transistor
hollow knight

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

everyone get holow knight btw

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

got frustrated messing with the graphic settings on dishonored 2 and just shut everything off/put it on low, and it still flies between 20-60 fps for no reason! on an r9 380! i love PC gaming and I love bethesda. i was looking forward to streaming this so im gonna see if someone's cooked up a fan patch before i hit refund

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

i refunded it lol i love it!

• Locked thread