Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
Tell me how these games are:

Darkest Dungeon
Squad
The Final Station

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Oh and This War of Mine too. Did everyone give it super high ratings because ohhh, it's sooo deep and thoughtful LOL etc. or is it actually good and replayable?

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

tao of lmao posted:

Kind of repetitive but the combat is solid. Buy shovels and torches often.

Picked up Stanley Parable and Mordor for under 8 bucks. Backlog is starting to fill up.

One Man Trash posted:

squad has great game and sound design and is a lot of fun with cooperative teammates, but there are a lot of crazy foreigners and children and drunk people with scratchy mics who cant be muted because the game is focused on teamplay. so its best if you have a bunch of friends who play together or if you put in the time to find a good server.

Azraelle posted:

It's fine. There are some game balance problems where the optimal strategy turns out roughly the same each game (upgrade doors, eat every other day, get a fire axe quickly and save it for the winters etc.), but it's fine for like 10-15 hours of game play. The high ratings is definitely due to the subject matter, but there's an okay survival game under all that.

TY.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

I played the demo and don't like anything about it

For whatever reason, they decided that the shortest and worst level by a long shot would be good for the demo.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Extended melee range = no
Faster melee speed = very yes

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

This is mine:

Squad
Realpolitiks
Stellaris DLC
Darkest Dungeon
Hollow Knight

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

mysterious loyall X posted:

any bethesda game is easily worth 2x that much

This. Big B knows what the Gamers want.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

How's Song of the Deep. It looks really pretty

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Realpolitiks kept crashing so I refunded it and got Pit People and The End Is Nigh because Newgrounds FTMFW

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Final summer sale haul:

Steam
Squad
Stellaris DLC
Darkest Dungeon
Hollow Knight
Pit People