Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011

The sales have commenced - let's do this!

Fungah! posted:

ive never played a burnout game :sweatdrop:

If you like arcade street racing and Guns 'N' Roses, I think it's definitely worth a shot! I myself am normally more into racing sims over arcade racers, (Dirt Rally especially, this past year) but I liked BOP quite a lot!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011
As for me, I bought a $50 Steam gift card at 10% off (Big W, if there's anyone else from Aus lurking around here) yesterday in preparation for the sale, and have so far bought Dishonoured 2, This War of Mine and Life is Strange. (The second two after having them recommended to me many times over the last few weeks) I know I probably should've waited a bit for D2 in case the price is cut further later on, but well, I consider 50% off for the sequel to one of my favourite stealth games to be worth the cost! Hopefully it lives up to the original

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011

Larry Parrish posted:

Life is Strange is the only good walking simulator/feels game thing in my book

Ah, well that's good news! I admit I was a little dubious, but the guy who was singing it praise has good taste in games, so I'm glad I took the plunge in the end, then

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011
Hmm, I got the below - probably my final haul too, as Cold Waters didn't get a discount:

Dishonored 2
Assassin's Creed: Black Flag
This War of Mine
Life is Strange
Wargame: Airland Battle
Wargame: Red Dragon (gift)

More than I was expecting, that's for sure. I originally thought I'd get maybe 1-2 new games, yet here I am with six!

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011

FactsAreUseless posted:

Dishonored 2 ran like poo poo for me and I refunded it. Hope my Imps have better luck.

drat, that's bad luck! I've been playing it for a few hours or so now, and it seems fine for me. I wish there were more nighttime missions though, as it's been like, 90% daylight for me so far, which seems bad for a sneaking mission. (Still, it's early days yet - I'm sure I've got many more hours of gameplay to go)

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Steam is such a pile of bloated dogshit. It has to "update" every time I open it then freezes with 50% chance when launching a game, any game. loving stupid rear end AIDS bullshit. gently caress Valve

Oh, I had that issue the other day too, actually. I deleted everything in the Steam directory EXCEPT the userdata and steamapps folders, as well as steam.exe, then ran Steam again and it's been fine ever since. (Still not a great solution, and it takes a little while ro re-download itself, but still. Better than putting up with it freezing all the time, etc.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011

In Training posted:

SWAT4 kicks rear end.

Yeah, SWAT4 is such a great game. I loved trapping an enemy in a room by putting wedges/doorstops under each door, then try alerting/spooking them with gunfire.
Shame they haven't re-released it on Steam

• Locked thread