Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
large post full of words about games i like and think deserve bigger audience

Bionic Commando 2k9 (2 bucks): everyone slammed it on release but its really fun especially since you can aim with a mouse. Swinging is good and fluid. (IF YOU HAVENT PLAYED REARMED, ITS REALLY GOOD TOO, BOTH FOR 3 BUCKS IS A STEAL)

Painkiller Black (2,50): Serious Sam styled but every gun feels really good and the stages arent only Open Desert area. Lots of hidden goodies to find and you move a mile a second, it owns.

Rayman legends (15 bucks): I think this is one of the greatest platformers ever made. It once was going for 12 bucks but still absolutely worth it for 15. Origins is going for 10 bucks too but I always felt that game didnt control as good, ran a bit too long with some stage themes, and some of its best stages are remastered in Legends (they still saw fit to include ALL the mashy mosquito ones for some reason)

N++ (7,50): Please buy this i need more people in my leaderboards, its really good i swear. momentum based platforming. The instadeath thing can be a real turn off for some people coupled with the precision they demand, and they do that meat boy cotton alley thing where they take the strength of fast respawns on short levels and throw that out the window to make you endure really long difficult challenges. Imo how good it is still outweighs all that. also they did an update recently where they literally doubled the amount of stages the game has, so 7 bucks is a steal.

Snakebird (3,50): Really tough puzzler with relaxing colors music and design.

English Country Tune (1 buck): This is easily for me one of the best puzzle games ever made. 3d spatial grid based puzzles where each world has a different rule you have to figure out then master.

Flywrench (3,50): This has finally hit a price point i can feel comfortable recommending people buy it at. At first the movement will feel weird but the game is blazing fast dexterity test where you have to constantly switch between movement modes to go through color coded barriers. It has a really good jungle and drum n bass soundtrack.

Abe's Exoddus (0,75): One of the best cinematic platformers ever made. This is the most accessible of the two abe games because the first one, oddysee doesnt have a quick load function and you can't guide more than one mudokon npc at once, which grows real tedious. Exoddus fixes all of that. 75 cents for a really good game. Old, so it might be finnicky to work on modern OSes but IIRC they are the GOG fix releases.

Roundabout (2 bucks): It has a lot of bad jokes but if you liked kuru kuru kururin its exactly the same but in a large open map. If you dont know what that is: you control a constantly spinning vehicle, and you have to guide it around tight mazes. Mouse control makes this a super enjoyable game and lets them crank the difficulty way up.

Noitu Love 2: Devolution (2 bucks): Treasure inspired game made by an insane japanese man. you punch a lot of robots and grapple them, and fight lots of minibosses. Superb sprite animation on some of them.

Also I'm reticent to recommend these cause I don't think people here will like them, but I believe Bleed is a good game, and Bleed 2 is supremely fantastic. Again both inspired by Treasure, with a focus on minibosses with lots of patterns you have to learn. You are helped by a triple airdash and slow mo; the airdash gets faster turning speed while in slomo which lets you do some intense bullet weaving that feels fantastic. The problem is: The games are not pretty. At all. Especially the first one. The second is REALLY short for its price point and reuses a few of the first game's bosses. Despite all this, I love how they play and the slow mo air dashing bullet dodging is hard to find elsewhere, especially how tight they feel. Bleed 1 is 2 dollars and Bleed 2 goes for 8. If you're gonna play only one, do 2, because it's good. It's really good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
dont fall into the trap where people complained the ports didnt get the wii u tablet control character: in the wii u version YOU control a little guy that moves traps and bridges and ropes, but rayman gets controlled by an ai. You don't even play as rayman half the time. On the ports the dude gets assigned to a shoulder button so it becomes a fun timing challenge.

also as i was going through my list, i was surprised legends is still on steam cause ubisoft removed driver san francisco and some other uplay game. popcap apparently removed the bookworm games too which sucks.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

In Training posted:

Burnout Paradise is on sale for 5 bucks and that game is godlike.

if you dont own burnout paradise by now you're really loving up so take this deal.
if anyone wants to do online challenges, i have never uninstalled this and am pretty much always willing to do it. (The servers are still up)

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
ive only played paradise and its only made me more care that none of the others are on pc.

trust me when i say it is really fun, and the game does everything in its power to make you have a great time and feel good

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

frank.club posted:

Hollow knight is good right

heard nothing but praise for it but i rarely ever pay more than 7 bucks for anything cause argentina

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Its so ridiculous to me that people bitched about the port ruining the original experience when its so much better now. Completely insane.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
I had a hard time thinking ubisoft could be any gayer but then they go and remove driver san fran from steam

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Every one of my interactions with uplay were super painless but granted i wasnt there for the shitshow ac2s launch was.i dobt mind even though its unnecessary but removibg games to force you to use their store is so lame

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

In Training posted:

Quake 1 campaign is so good

quake 1 is really good early this morning i was checking out its page and its like 1,70 bucks

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
i already have it on some folder in my pc though (piracy (Illegal))

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
i used to play quake 1 and half life 1 twice every year but i have a hard time stomaching doom 2's insane length and labyrinthine city stages

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
i did its just the classic fps i replay the least

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

frank.club posted:

I can't imagine playing a doom game where I have to collect key cards to progress

lol

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
its fun to play games as intended and its also fun to see how far you can push not killing things and speedrunning with rocketjumps (quake 1 ftw)

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

im_sorry posted:

And I just bought Hollow Knight and Rocket League: GOTY edition.

Just what I need... more games I'll never play. At least I'm more likely to figure these out than CMANO.

i uhhh dont think you finish rocket league

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Incredible haul + add me for n++ leaderboard /id/arfjason

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
dont forget lisa the joyful

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

GorfZaplen posted:

Final Haul:

Hollow Knight
Hylics
Shadowrun: Hong Kong
The Count Lucanor
Hexcells

hylics has the best attack animation ive seen in an rpg

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
its over

I sold some csgo skins to bring my funds up to 35 bucks, and got quake 1, devil daggers, system shock 1 enhanced, system shock 2, knytt underground, kairo, transistor, REmake and Hollow Knight

• Locked thread