Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Evil Eagle posted:

It's the perfect time to get the whole Lightning series for $28. They're top tier rpgs

Its shame because I couldn't really stand 13-2. I loved 13 though which nearly everyone else online tells me is garbage

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

extremebuff posted:

Hyper Light Drifter 10$ - an excellent 2d action game with gorgeous art, music, and tons of style. probably my goty 2016

Same lol. Its so loving good. Buy this game folks

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Life is Strange is the only good walking simulator/feels game thing in my book

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

In Training posted:

HOI4 has been out for a year and since then they've added 8 focus trees and broken the game with every patch and charged 40 dollars for it. A week after release you could download user mod focus trees for every country in the game

HoI4 and Stellaris and EU with Common Sense is an extreme disappointment for this gamer.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

extremebuff posted:

hollow knight very good

That's cool. I might pick it up when I get paid before the sale ends.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I bought The Surge. It's no DS3 but it's fairly fast paced and pretty fun. I got killed by a cyber-Manikin.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I hated the doom demo but played some multiplayer at my friends house. It was funny owning people with the quake railgun/lg combo since apparently nobody knows how to play a real shooter anymore. I might buy it since it's on sale

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

In Training posted:

If you actually absolutely hated the demo the full game won't really change your mind.

Yeah that's what I thought. It just seems to be the worst of old shooters where the enemies are bullet spongy on hard and the worst of new shooters where you have to rely on melee kills and headshots for the same reason

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

In Training posted:

There's no level design either. The entire game is a string of combat arenas. I enjoyed that in parts but that's why I thought it was way too long, there's nothing new or interesting after you get the shotgun and then the game last 12 hours long and has half life 2 style walk and talks and such

Everyday I thank did Todd Howard for his astounding influence on game design

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Powerful

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

E Equals MC Hammer posted:

I was looking for a game to play while travelling and "Offworld Trading Company" looks ok, anyone played that?

I bought it when it was new because I'm retarded. It was kind of fun but pretty barebones are not very deep in a strategic kind of sense. But it's gotten a bunch of patches since then so maybe it's more complex and more fun now.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I think its awesome that it takes more effort to get Steam to work correctly than my old PC games from 2001 or whatever

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I've been playing Heavily Modded Fallout 4 lately and it does the same thing. At first I thought it was a mod problem or my ENB thing but it still happens even on minimum settings. Epic.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

HolePisser1982 posted:

it might be your CPU bottlenecking it? you should turn on some onscreen overlays in Afterburner to see what's throttling things

My GPU is the weak link so I don't think so but I'll try this out. Thanks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

In Training posted:

this is one of the only posts in this forum about this game, found it searching. Just played this at a buddies and it seems kinda awesome. There's some cheap stuff that undercuts some of the basic design of a Souls-like (like healing not having an animation and you can do it while you're in a "being damaged" animation") and the finishing moves can make yourself invulnerable to other enemies during the duration. I mean of course DS has that too but those require parryin or position, but in this it snaps you into it from a pretty forgiving distance. But I like the speed of it a lot and all the enemies are basically Bloodborne hunters aka they move like you and have similar attack speeds and the limb targeting system is really really cool. I wanna pick it up next time it's cheap since I just missed the sale

Fair warning the game feels like a search for a shortcut back to the bonfire OPS till the end. But combat is super fun.

• Locked thread