Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Rick posted:

I hope this is the last year of Bilas.

Bilas is cool, he's the only guy ESPN has ever had on the draft set who actually added something

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

Second round had INSANE name tools this year

Sindarius Thornwell, Jaron Blossomgame, Alpha Kaba some of the best but not even half the top echelon names

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

MourningView posted:

Bilas is cool, he's the only guy ESPN has ever had on the draft set who actually added something

Yeah, Jalen doesn't follow college hoops and Wilbon is pretty clueless. They need someone on the set who actually watched these players.

Peter Jok to the Pelicans you might want to know.

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

DeimosRising posted:

Second round had INSANE name tools this year

Sindarius Thornwell, Jaron Blossomgame, Alpha Kaba some of the best but not even half the top echelon names

Nigel Williams-Goss is the name some frat boy makes up when he tells a girl he's british and she doesn't believe him

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Bill Laimbeer should elbow every draftee in the solarplexus before the league will even entertain processing their paperwork.

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy
https://twitter.com/Jok_City14/status/878107330029727744

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

MourningView posted:

He just grates on me.

Also that one year of Bill Simmons was magic, although he no longer watche ssports so I guess it wouldn't be good again if he was back.

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

i like to express my inner pain by being really boring on the phone
or just when i'm kickin it
that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd

kingcobweb posted:

I'm TELLING you, he has an S+ name, short shorts, an absurd combination of steal and block rate from college... no idea how he slipped that far in the draft

Knee issue red flag I think

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd

my name is peeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeete

pete JOK!

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

Rick posted:

He just grates on me.

Also that one year of Bill Simmons was magic, although he no longer watche ssports so I guess it wouldn't be good again if he was back.

His reaction to the Bennett pick was one of the only good things he's ever done

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.

Rick posted:

He just grates on me.

I'm with you, though mainly it's by him going about chivalry and sportsmanship and crap during games as if this is some honorable contest instead of entertainment. Also, Duke.

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

NickRoweFillea posted:

His reaction to the Bennett pick was one of the only good things he's ever done

Some other things at the draft were genuinely funny https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ITYg97NpIFo&t=80s

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005
Reminder that Simmons was mad about the Nets/Celtics trade... because it was bad for the celtics

https://twitter.com/billsimmons/status/350304660172713984?lang=en

Charlz Guybon
Nov 16, 2010

Dejan Bimble posted:

John Hammond is the Magic's new GM and suddenly they're drafting good players

Not the direction I expected him to take after the Jurassic Park fiasco.

dokmo
Aug 27, 2006

:stat:man
I hope Jawun Evans is really good, and not just Pierre Jackson good.

dokmo
Aug 27, 2006

:stat:man
I checked my notes on Luke Kennard and it turns out I've just been writing "Luke Kennard is awful" for almost three years.

Charlz Guybon
Nov 16, 2010
Let's pretend that Ainge has a long term plan...

Does he really expect Westbrook, Towns or Davis to be on the trading block in a year or two, or is he dedicated to building through the draft?

Because I just can't see passing on Butler unless you're doing one or the other.

I might be drunk...Reassure me people

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

He has an NBA level jumper but that's pretty much it. Super fun to watch college player though. I don't think he'll get more than maybe like a 10 day contract in the NBA but he'll make a bunch of money in Europe as long as his knees hold up

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

MourningView posted:

He has an NBA level jumper but that's pretty much it. Super fun to watch college player though. I don't think he'll get more than maybe like a 10 day contract in the NBA but he'll make a bunch of money in Europe as long as his knees hold up

Yeah, that's what I figured with him going undrafted and all.

Charlz Guybon
Nov 16, 2010
Hmm...who do you guys think the best undrafted player was?

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Charlz Guybon posted:

Derrick Walton

Khagan
Aug 8, 2012

Words cannot describe just how terrible Vietnamese are.

Charlz Guybon posted:

Miles Bridges. Already looking forward to next year tbh.

Khagan fucked around with this message at 16:48 on Jun 23, 2017

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

dokmo posted:

I checked my notes on Luke Kennard and it turns out I've just been writing "Luke Kennard is awful" for almost three years.

can you upload them to imgur so i don't have to think up ways to keep complaining about him

Ammanas
Jul 17, 2005

Voltes V: "Laser swooooooooord!"

Charlz Guybon posted:

Does he really expect Westbrook, Towns or Davis to be on the trading block in a year or two, or is he dedicated to building through the draft?

Because I just can't see passing on Butler unless you're doing one or the other.

L E B R O N

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd

Charlz Guybon posted:

Picks as assets are fungible and can usually be rolled over into future assets of roughly equal value

Superstars are extremely limited quantity. Ainge might be frustrating as all hell but it's a defensible management strategy to hang back and save up for a superhero.

In the meantime, the team was the faux #1 seed this year (LeBron coasts, that ain't up for debate no more + Eastern Conference Sucks Caveat) despite not having a legit 2-way star

• Locked thread