Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

This night will get funnier when Bulls take Kennard at 7.

Also when we find out Bulls gave up like a couple 2nd round picks too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

Wait did the Bulls also give up their 16th pick in this deal? I thought it was Butler for Dunn, Lavine, and 7?

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

Cool Buff Man posted:

yea they did

jfc

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

Dejan Bimble posted:

The Bulls must really like Kris Dunn. Or maybe they're thinking they can become competitive again on the cheap, that sounds much more likely

Their scouting department consists of watching the NCAA tournament. I doubt they know what Dunn did last year.

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

Beaten.

Also :lol: Celtics

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

Lockback posted:

Take Rondo's option. Why not

They should trade Rondo for a bad contract and pick. But they won't because they don't understand how this works.

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

IcePhoenix posted:

Zach LaVine is good

Let me tell you about good athletic players who tear their ACL

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

IcePhoenix posted:

They run for 2000 yards after an eight month recovery?

ACL injuries aren't a career changer anymore if your medical staff is competent and we have the mayo clinic in our fukkin building

Derrick Rose

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

"athlete in the old school way"

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

Bulls should trade Rondo to the Raps for Jonas and their 1st

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

Found out today that Dolan wrote a song about Trayvon Martin.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vwuRzJSNz70

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

I still can't believe the Bulls had to give up a 1st round pick in this deal too.

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

R.D. Mangles posted:

AND THEY DON'T EVEN HAVE A loving SECOND BECAUSE OF CAM PAYNE ARE YOU loving KIDDING ME

Nah, they gave up the 2nd round pick in the Rose deal to the Knicks. The Cameron Payne 2nd round pick is for 2018.

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

Since a bunch of local media is friends with Paxson, they're all trying to push this trade as a good thing for the Bulls. David Kaplan is telling people that Michael Jordan wouldn't be available at 16 so it didn't matter if they traded it with Butler.

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

R.D. Mangles posted:

lol the bulls aren't going to loving buy out wade, they'll let him "mentor" the young guys, wade is going to be sitting on the bench in a loving lawn chair by the end of the season counting his money

They'll buy him out during the season because it'll save Reinsdorf a few bucks to spend on the White Sox. But they'll keep him to start the season because it's tough to sell tickets marketing Kris Dunn and the slam dunk champ maybe back by January.

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

How does Woj get the picks for every team so early? Do teams just text him before sending it in to the league?

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

Anyone post this yet?

https://twitter.com/zcollins_33/status/330478075882123264

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

:lol: at the Yi jersey

https://twitter.com/TheWilderThings/status/878062890607026177

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

The Timberwolves logo looks like an SBNation logo for a team

CharlestheHammer posted:

Wait he is a Martin Supporter and a Trump supporter.

He donated like $300k to Trump

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

This woman is terrible at interviewing

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

The Glumslinger posted:

Its the OKC first from 2020

That's a crap pick. Why would Orlando want that over just taking someone at 25 now?

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

https://twitter.com/highkin/status/878072662345621504

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

Fast Luck posted:

What if Westbrook leaves? OKC in 2020 could be a wasteland

Oh. Well then

It's top-20 protected.

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

R.D. Mangles posted:

thibs should draft the like 5'6" guy from Central Michigan who was averaging like 35 a game

This is actually a great idea

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

Codependent Poster posted:

Pacers are gonna be stuck with PG until the trade deadline. And I think most Pacer fans are not going to like him because they'll be like "durr he's greedy" and all that. If he's not traded before the season starts, it'll be ugly.

Can't Indiana offer him a ridiculous amount of money compared to other teams if he makes All-NBA this season? Wouldn't that give Indiana some leverage in keeping him?

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

pubic works project posted:

You would think. But he's hellbent on heading to LA to get HIV from his buddy Magic and never making the playoffs in the West.

It's a $75 million difference. I understand wanting to play in LA but that's a fuckton of guaranteed money.

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

Couple picks away from Monte Morris going to the Bulls

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

That's a good pick for Boston. NBA body and looks like a nice 3 & D guy.

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

Wait what are the Bulls getting for this?

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

Where's Lockback to tell me the Bulls aren't cheap?

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

Like I'm guessing part of them selling the pick is Gar didn't want to stay up late for the 2nd round.

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

Eltoasto posted:

Paid 3.5mil according to Lowe

https://twitter.com/jon_greenberg/status/878093382039547908

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

MourningView posted:

Bilas is cool, he's the only guy ESPN has ever had on the draft set who actually added something

Yeah, Jalen doesn't follow college hoops and Wilbon is pretty clueless. They need someone on the set who actually watched these players.

Peter Jok to the Pelicans you might want to know.

• Locked thread