Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy
Markkanen, Lavine, and Lopez sounds like a fun-to-watch bad team to me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

Squinky v2.0 posted:

I feel like I'm crazy because I think it's fine Ainge did nothing other than take the pick. I would have preferred fultz but if they don't agree I'm willing to accept they know more about basketball than me. I just don't see a lot of gain in trading multiple top end lotto picks for George or Butler, especially George.

The playoffs were pretty sobering, planning to be Real Good in 3 years and not sooner seems correct to me. Plus, still have ammo if Zing or Davis or something shakes free in the next year.

So many Celtics fans are antsy for any kind of action, but I'm pretty ok with all this.

Butler deal was really bad but it sounds like the package they wanted out of Boston was a lot bigger than what they got so idk

It's gonna be longer than three years for them to get real good. After three years, IT and Horford will be falling off a cliff and the young guys still won't be good enough to lead a team to anywhere better than late lottery.

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

morestuff posted:

So is Monk any good? I never bothered to look

How do you feel about Lou Williams?

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

pubic works project posted:

Turner is the best young big man not named Embiid.

In the East, I guess.

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy
You missed Jokic somewhere in there, too.

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

euphronius posted:

Giles is great for Portland

That pick is going to the Kings, though.

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

Eh, I'm not very enthused with him. I did forget about Pozzypoz, though.

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

Dejan Bimble posted:

If you exclude anyone with 3 or more years in the NBA, myles turner is up there with Kat and Zingis

And Jokic. ;)

e: fb

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy
I will be surprised if Tatum becomes the shooter Hield is. He will probably do many other things much better, but not too certain on that shooting part.

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

Redgrendel2001 posted:

Evidently it's A LOT of cash.

Up to like 3M, even!

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy
https://twitter.com/Jok_City14/status/878107330029727744

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

MourningView posted:

He has an NBA level jumper but that's pretty much it. Super fun to watch college player though. I don't think he'll get more than maybe like a 10 day contract in the NBA but he'll make a bunch of money in Europe as long as his knees hold up

Yeah, that's what I figured with him going undrafted and all.

• Locked thread