Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
"The best pick and roll guard in the draft." Apparently best = 70th in the NCAA.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

Carlosologist posted:

Rick, how do you figure Josh Jackson is falling to 6?

I think the Celtics have talked themselves into Issac, I think Phoenix prefers Tatum, I think Sac is going to go with Fox because he wants to be there..

I don't think it's a good thing.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
I was so sports-upset from everything that's happened recently I forgot that ESPN waits until 4:30 to do these things and now my wings are going to be cold by the time it starts )=

Rick
Feb 23, 2004

sum posted:

I think it's good actually, and so is Lonzo

The guy who thinks Devin Booker is bad thinks Lonzo is good.

Just saying.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
"He wanted to go to Arizona but it didn't work out."

It didn't work out because he was going to get beat out by Alonzo Trier and Rawle Alkins so he went to Australia. Let's draft him 13!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
ESPN's video production has gotten so bad since the firings that I'm just impressed when they don't have any very obvious production mistakes.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004

Tae posted:

How does Fultz's team only win 9 times? Did he face a bunch of lottery talent teams or something?

Pac 12 is competitive, coach was really really bad at coachign (a good recruiter though, he's already helped Arizona out).

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
gently caress this team.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
"He's basically Jason Kidd"

gently caress you.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004

Spring Break My Heart posted:

he is built exactly like silver. they have the same body.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
I'm sorry Bulls I'm sad but what happened to you is objectively worse.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
It's going to be easy to get LiAngelo to the Lakers since he's going to go undrafted.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
Lmao poor Troy all the highlights were against them. That was just unfair, Tatum did other good stuff.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004

Shrimp or Shrimps posted:

What are the chances that any of Dunn, Lavine, or the pick become as good as Butler? It's got to be astronomic, right?

Lavine when healthy is pretty great but an ACL injury is a long rehab.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004

EvanTH posted:

Folks have come back 100% from it lately though, yeah? Not a career-ender anymore?

Yeah I don't think it's career ending anymore.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
Oh my god this GE commercial returns.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
If Josh Jackson learns to shoot and Bender becomes a good basketball player the Suns are gonna be wonderful.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
Fox really gets this. I hope he's good.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004

Well, if Markkanen is who I thinks he is at least things aren't hopeless for the Bulls.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004

xbilkis posted:

I can live with Markkanen at least

Rick made me a believer

I really do like the guy a lot and I think as long as his defense is acceptable he's gonna be great.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
I spent five hours yesterday listening to draft podcasts and every one of them agreed that the players above 6'9" no longer have a place in basketball so that is why so many of them had Markkanen so low.

I mean I guess they might be right.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004

Ramadu posted:

That's a weird take

I totally agree. I get how people can think that after watching the Warriors and Cavs throw small ball at each other but I mean there's still gonna be the regular season.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004

Dutchy posted:

seems like a weird thing to say after 7' Kevin Durant just dominated the NBA Finals but what do I know

unless they meant those specific players and i'm misunderstanding

It was more "real big men" that everyone seemed to agree was done.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
I like a lot of players in the draft still.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004

Cool Buff Man posted:

Rick has done the drat impossible and made me smile for a dang Wildcat

You're an incredibly fair person and I respect that a lot.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004

MourningView posted:

Smith and I guess Giles are the only guys left who have a chance to be a star (my heart wants Monk to be one but my brain says sixth man) , I think, but there are a ton of solid starters or rotation type guys left

Yeah I'll agree with that. I think I'm just more used to drafts where the fall off is hard once the potential stars are gone.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004

Dutchy posted:

Can someone give me a super brief rundown of why i should be happy about dennis smith.

i mean i believe you guys, i just don't follow college basketball/the draft at all and i'm watching college baseball so I can't even get bad ESPN takes

Against bad schools he looked like John Stockton and Stephon Marbury combined. I think the talk about his attitude is garbage.

Against good schools, it was a bit more of a mixed bag, although he probably won't be triple teamed in the NBA like NC State.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004

Declan MacManus posted:

Past Fultz everyone in the draft has pretty significant flaws

I'll agree with that too, but I think despite those flaws there's roles for a lot of these guys. I don't think we're going to repeat last year where only 8-9 players look like they're going to make it to their second contract.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
He was foul prone and he hardly played anyway, lol.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
Rose's comps, lol.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
I actually do like Collins but I think it's really important that people realize he's a project. It got so out of control that I was seeing Towns comps.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
I think Monk plays D when motivated and adding another scorer is what the Hornets really needed and them getting one out of this draft is a pretty big surprise.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
Wow, Bam at 14.

Now who are the Bucks going to draft? This was the only guy in the top 20 they brought in to look at.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004

Cool Buff Man posted:

Kings taking Justin Jackson

Very Vivek.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004

Strawberry Panda posted:

What should I expect from BAM!?

I like him a lot, lots of energy, lots of strength. Although he's super super super raw on offense, which had him projected in the 30s just four weeks ago.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
Actually looking at the draft express rankings Bam was 34 TODAY. Although it looks like they did what I did and shuffled stuff around needlessly today.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
This is the exact opposite of what the Ringer dude predicted. Instead of teams getting scared and not drafting the project big men, they are drafting them ten spots higher than projected.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
Oh! I watched this guy! I have notes on him. "Silly plays, great nose for the tip." Well, not that helpful. I only rated him 2 stars.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004

euphronius posted:

Ikr lol

Laurie at 7 jfc

Markkanen at 7 is good. Also I don't consider him a project just because he is the literal best shooter in college.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rick
Feb 23, 2004

cravius posted:

OG to okc please

I didn't see him play because he got injured but I heard him described as "Roberson but bigger."

• Locked thread