Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Harveygod
Jan 4, 2014

YEEAAH HEH HEH HEEEHH

YOU KNOW WHAT I'M SAYIN

THIS TRASH WAR AIN'T GONNA SOLVE ITSELF YA KNOW
What's a fun racing game? I have a sim-racing rig for iRacing and am thinking of some other thing to do with it. Is there a spiritual successor to F-Zero?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

It's called Redout and apparently it owns but I haven't bought it.

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

There's also Dirt Rally if you want a good rally sim.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
Dead Cells is pretty good

canpakes
Jul 26, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Regrettable posted:

There's also Dirt Rally if you want a good rally sim.

thanks but I'm all set

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
I just bought all the Jedi Knight games, knights of the old republic, and republic commando for $12

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

a bone to pick posted:

I just bought all the Jedi Knight games, knights of the old republic, and republic commando for $12

Bitch I got every Star Wars game during last year's sale. X-Wing, Tie Fighter... you name it.

But yeah. I agree. And I'm sorry I said bitch.

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
It's ok, I know how crazy people get over star wars

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aDE6ER5P53k&t=19s

Haier
Aug 10, 2007

by Lowtax

Harveygod posted:

What's a fun racing game? I have a sim-racing rig for iRacing and am thinking of some other thing to do with it. Is there a spiritual successor to F-Zero?

poisonpill posted:

It's called Redout and apparently it owns but I haven't bought it.
I recommended Red Out in this thread, though I owned it and hadn't played it yet. The reviews seemed good. I played it yesterday for a while and I felt really bored and totally not into it. It didn't have any of the immediate fun that something like Wipe Out had for me. I wasn't into having to play/place better just to buy abilities that were instantly available in other games. I didn't enjoy it. The music is extremely dated, being late-'90s, early '00s melodic Psytrance as if it were a PS2/Dreamcast game, so don't hope for that to make it cooler.

I got rid of it once I realized that one more race wasn't going to make it better for me. Others might enjoy it.

EDIT: They stick DLC in with the regular stuff, and when you try to select it they tell you it's DLC and ask if you want to go to the store to buy it. I don't like being teased.

mike12345
Jul 14, 2008

"Whether the Earth was created in 7 days, or 7 actual eras, I'm not sure we'll ever be able to answer that. It's one of the great mysteries."

Btw is there a time limit for refunding games? Can I refund stuff from two years ago I never touched?

The Dennis System
Aug 4, 2014

Nothing in Jurassic World is natural, we have always filled gaps in the genome with the DNA of other animals. And if the genetic code was pure, many of them would look quite different. But you didn't ask for reality, you asked for more teeth.

mike12345 posted:

Btw is there a time limit for refunding games? Can I refund stuff from two years ago I never touched?

Two weeks.

extra stout
Feb 24, 2005

ISILDUR's ERR
Bought Age of Wonder: Shadow MAgic

the story is cool, very tolkien rip off that I love, but holy poo poo I don't have the brain to figure out turn based boring math combat

just get me a loving sword guy

Haier
Aug 10, 2007

by Lowtax
http://store.steampowered.com/app/475150/Titan_Quest_Anniversary_Edition/

Titan Quest is on sale, if anyone likes classic Action RPGs. I bought it a while ago but still come back to it from time to time. An overall Good Game.

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

Do you get anything from completing the sticker book?

Jim Barris
Aug 13, 2009

Fried Watermelon posted:

ha ha ha ha ha ha ha

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS

Pennywise the Frown posted:

The first day of the sale I had this same problem. I tried it through a chrome and still ran into the same issue. I'm not having any problems anymore.

edit: god dammit I'm not used to this freaking avatar

Whenever the steam browser messes up, chrome will fail in the same way, and firefox will work fine. Mine constantly falls to stream people playing within the browser and chrome but firefox is fine.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
if you've got a desktop and want to stream videos from it to a different room the tv is in i really recommend the steam link while its really cheap

Mr.Acula
May 10, 2009

Billions and billions of fat clouds

Fried Watermelon posted:

you sweet summer child

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
Hey, look. Look, if- if you screw me on this, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine, you rat bastard!
While all the various 'game maker' style programs are still on sale, if I was sort of interested in one as a hobbyist activity, is there one worth getting?

I have only a slight interest in RPGs, but RPG Maker MV seems like a it'd be easy enough to screw around with and have support for a while down the road in case I got more into it. However, the RPGMakers I seemed to think go on sale quite a bit between various sites so grabbing it now doesn't seem too pressing.

Ayn Randi
Mar 12, 2009

Grimey Drawer
i've played around with gamemaker studio a bit and eh.. better off just getting unity personal for free imo. theres a billion tutorials on the internet for whatever type of game you want to make and learning scripting in c# is a more generally transferable skill too

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
since I bought all the jedi knight games, uhh, where do I start?

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
jedi academy is the best imo and just pick all the dark powers because they're more fun and despite what teh game tells you has no impact on the story

Haier
Aug 10, 2007

by Lowtax

a bone to pick posted:

since I bought all the jedi knight games, uhh, where do I start?
UP YOUR BUTT AND AROUND CORNER, PAST TWO BLOCKS AND OUT THE BONER!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BeefThief
Aug 8, 2007

mike12345 posted:

I've refunded early access games that "launched" broken but had been in my library for over a year. More than two weeks and two hours gets you into questionable territory, but if the game sucks they seem to be pretty understanding.

• Locked thread