Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Unbelievably Fat Man
Jun 1, 2000

Innocent people. I could never hurt innocent people.

Everything I could imagine wanting is like 10% off. I don't think I'm going to get anything this year. I yearn for the days when I got Saints Row IV for $5 a year after release. Steam Sales suck now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cnut
May 3, 2016

What would you guys suggest for someone who likes Wolfenstein/Doom/Singularity type games?

Beard Dandruff
May 10, 2017

Want to win a consultation with Tiffany? Click
here.

really queer Christmas posted:

Buy nier automata you dorks

Don't think I will, since it looks like an anime.

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

BRISTOL PALINS BABY posted:

should i get kerbal space game?

YES

paul_soccer10
Mar 28, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Jose posted:

i never make it very far into trying to play this but i still feel like doing this

:thunk:

do it

paul_soccer10
Mar 28, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

BRISTOL PALINS BABY posted:

should i get kerbal space game?

yes 100%

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:
Ive done too many steam sales and have all the things already I've had to move on to harder drugs and browse the itch.io sale
https://hollowponds.itch.io/lootrascals

Ohhai
Apr 5, 2011

cnut posted:

What would you guys suggest for someone who likes Wolfenstein/Doom/Singularity type games?

Painkiller Is a pretty old game now, but if you liked the modern Doom it should feel pretty great. ($2.50)

Psycho Society
Oct 21, 2010
Painkiller was the spiritual successor to doom for quite a while, everyone should play it

cnut
May 3, 2016

Ohhai posted:

Painkiller Is a pretty old game now, but if you liked the modern Doom it should feel pretty great. ($2.50)

Thanks, man, downloading it now.

To be fair...
Feb 3, 2006
Film Producer
Video games are good if you have self control.

Don't shame people for enjoying games. Unless it's some weird anime dating game and then that poo poo is just sad.

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy

cnut posted:

Black Mesa is on sale if you haven't played it, and the second half is finally coming out this summer apparently.

scott zoloft
Dec 7, 2015

yeah same

The Walrus posted:

Black Mesa is on sale if you haven't played it, and the second half is finally coming out this summer apparently.

Wasn't black mesa free?

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
I bought all the ck2 dlc what's a good guide on how to play

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy

scott zoloft posted:

Wasn't black mesa free?

Was it? I played it when it was first released but didn't have it on Steam, so either it was or I pirated it I guess. They're charging for it now regardless.

edit: from some research if you want to play Xen when it comes out you'll need to buy it.

The Walrus fucked around with this message at 17:30 on Jun 23, 2017

cnut
May 3, 2016

The Walrus posted:

Looks interesting, thanks. I liked Half-life so I'm sure I'll like this.

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost

Jose posted:

start with the duke in south Ireland

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

Jose posted:

There's a bunch of old tutorials in this LP thread. Some of the mechanics may have changed but it can at least get you through the basics.

Punk da Bundo
Dec 29, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

The Walrus posted:

Was it? I played it when it was first released but didn't have it on Steam, so either it was or I pirated it I guess. They're charging for it now regardless.

edit: from some research if you want to play Xen when it comes out you'll need to buy it.

there are two versions, free and pay for. xen doesnt come out until december.

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy

Piss de Bundy posted:

there are two versions, free and pay for. xen doesnt come out until december.

yeah just saw that update. but it looks like the paid version has some changed textures and effects, deathmatch, and zen's not coming for the free. is that not right? I'll refund if it isn't.

Unbelievably Fat Man
Jun 1, 2000

Innocent people. I could never hurt innocent people.

Jose posted:

https://m.imgur.com/a/K1utf

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

The Walrus posted:

yeah just saw that update. but it looks like the paid version has some changed textures and effects, deathmatch, and zen's not coming for the free. is that not right? I'll refund if it isn't.

Don't refund loving black mesa. It owns. The gently caress is wrong with you. Jesus.

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy

Smythe posted:

Don't refund loving black mesa. It owns. The gently caress is wrong with you. Jesus.

if xen's coming for the free version why wouldn't I? but like I said I'm pretty sure it's not.

smug n stuff
Jul 21, 2016

A Hobbit's Adventure
I bought psychonauts for 99c, well that's my steam summer sale story

vandalism
Aug 4, 2003
WHAT ABOUT ACHIEVEMENTS. WHERE'S THE ACHIEVEMENTS.

ColoradoCleric
Dec 26, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Get Tower Unite, it's a really fun multi-game chatroom thingy with a cool virtual world and minigames like minigolf and bowling: http://store.steampowered.com/app/394690/

unpleasantly turgid
Jul 6, 2016

u lightweights couldn't even feed my shadow ;*
torchlight II, outlast and battleblock theater good value get em

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug

unpleasantly turgid posted:

torchlight II, outlast and battleblock theater good value get em

Torchlight 2 kinda sucked compared to 1 IMO.

I'm sad stardew valley is only 40% off

Space Crabs
Mar 10, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
this sale sucks poo poo, oh hey a pixel game from 2013? 20% off 19.99.

gently caress you steam

spudsbuckley
Aug 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

(and can't post for 5 years!)

I haven't bought anything in a Steam sale in around 3 years because i buy the good games from cdkey websites when they come out so i don' have to wait 5 years for them to be the same price on the Steam store.

Also, PC exclusives aren't very good for the past decade or so so i spend most of my time playing stuff on my PS4. Also, PSN sale prices on major games tend to happen about 6 months after release and are the same price Steam sales.

mike12345
Jul 14, 2008

"Whether the Earth was created in 7 days, or 7 actual eras, I'm not sure we'll ever be able to answer that. It's one of the great mysteries."

spudsbuckley posted:

I haven't bought anything in a Steam sale in around 3 years because i buy the good games from cdkey websites when they come out so i don' have to wait 5 years for them to be the same price on the Steam store.

Also, PC exclusives aren't very good for the past decade or so so i spend most of my time playing stuff on my PS4. Also, PSN sale prices on major games tend to happen about 6 months after release and are the same price Steam sales.

There's constantly a sale on some DD site, with flash sales gone there's no reason to stick around.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

spudsbuckley posted:

drat, you gonna need all that money you saved to buy more sticks to beat back the mad pussy throwing itself at you, son!

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS

ColoradoCleric posted:

Get Tower Unite, it's a really fun multi-game chatroom thingy with a cool virtual world and minigames like minigolf and bowling: http://store.steampowered.com/app/394690/

is this based off that weird crappy garrys mod thing if so lol

scott zoloft
Dec 7, 2015

yeah same

Putty posted:

is this based off that weird crappy garrys mod thing if so lol

bitch U look like a god drat garry's mod fanfic

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS
if someone looks at my physical manifestation is it a bunch of broadway people sucking each other off on stage in a theatrical re-enactment of the story?

cnut
May 3, 2016

Big Beef City posted:

drat, you gonna need all that money you saved to buy more sticks to beat back the mad pussy throwing itself at you, son!

That's what I had to do :negative:

scott zoloft
Dec 7, 2015

yeah same

Putty posted:

if someone looks at my physical manifestation is it a bunch of broadway people sucking each other off on stage in a theatrical re-enactment of the story?

which one is gman doing loop de loops in a golf cart?

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

spudsbuckley posted:

:same:

Lawrence Gilchrist
Mar 31, 2010

My favorite game is the war of escalation between Steam and developers re prices

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fuzzysocksucker
Aug 20, 2005

cnut posted:

Metro 2033 and Metro Last Light were pretty fun. They're also 75% off and in a bundle so that's a really good value vs mans shooting time.

• Locked thread