Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Son of Rodney
Feb 22, 2006

ohmygodohmygodohmygod

Skypie posted:

I really struggled to get engaged in Pillars also. I dunno, I never played Baldurs Gate but Pillars seemed neat. It just...I dunno. I played for like 3 hours and all that really happened was a weird vision and I killed some bandits? Like, you gotta hook me faster than that because I was just bored.

Yeah this is what I mean. I played it a lot further until I had like a castle and went through a big city into a woodland village or something, and just nothing of interest happened. It could have been fine if the characters were in any way interesting, but I don't even remember one companion.

Anyway Tyranny is turning out to be pretty good, there's a system where almost every action you take increases your standing with certain factions, and it's really neat since the two main factions are polar opposites from each other and both are interesting in their own way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

tempted to get fall out new vegas for $3 and never play it

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

asseto corsa is 50% off probably gonna do that BEEP BEEP VROOM VROOM

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I've been tempted from time to time to try out that tabletop simulator but I just don't know how extensive its options are for D&D-esque gaming

The Dennis System
Aug 4, 2014

Nothing in Jurassic World is natural, we have always filled gaps in the genome with the DNA of other animals. And if the genetic code was pure, many of them would look quite different. But you didn't ask for reality, you asked for more teeth.
Buy Shadow Tactics: Blades of the Shogun. It's a good video game.

The Dennis System
Aug 4, 2014

Nothing in Jurassic World is natural, we have always filled gaps in the genome with the DNA of other animals. And if the genetic code was pure, many of them would look quite different. But you didn't ask for reality, you asked for more teeth.
Wait a minute. This whole time I was confusing Pillars of Eternity with Divinity: Original Sin.

meat police
Nov 14, 2015

numberoneposter posted:

tempted to get fall out new vegas for $3 and never play it

You should get it & also play it.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
I'm doing the crusader kings tutorial and it wants me to select the get married ambition which isn't an.option 🤔

Zombiepop
Mar 30, 2010

Space Camp fuckup posted:

Tyranny and Stellaris are good too. There's lots of good games but those are two that might fly under the radar.

This, also tyranny just released some new content and there will be a bigger dlc in the fall or something.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

This is my first time experiencing the legendary steam summer sale since I've been a console gamer for 15+ years and just got back to PC and... it sucks? Nothing I am interested in is any cheaper than it has been in previous sales.

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

'It's easier to imagine the end of the world than the end of capitalism.'

Zombiepop posted:

This, also tyranny just released some new content and there will be a bigger dlc in the fall or something.

by the sounds of it the dlc will basically be a fix for things like, oh, the missing third act and such

Zombiepop
Mar 30, 2010

Jose posted:

I'm doing the crusader kings tutorial and it wants me to select the get married ambition which isn't an.option 🤔

Dont do the tutorial, it sucks, play a count in ireland 1066(or whatever) start, and dont play ironman. Look up the console commands so you actually can get a game of the ground.

Zombiepop
Mar 30, 2010

Milky Moor posted:

by the sounds of it the dlc will basically be a fix for things like, oh, the missing third act and such

Could be, I did not read up on it at all. Im just happy for more content.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Zombiepop posted:

Dont do the tutorial, it sucks, play a count in ireland 1066(or whatever) start, and dont play ironman. Look up the console commands so you actually can get a game of the ground.

Console commands to do what?

spudsbuckley
Aug 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

(and can't post for 5 years!)

UnfortunateSexFart posted:

This is my first time experiencing the legendary steam summer sale since I've been a console gamer for 15+ years and just got back to PC and... it sucks? Nothing I am interested in is any cheaper than it has been in previous sales.

Yeah, the don't change the deals every day of the sale any more so there are no pricing mistakes you can jump on like 30 seconds after the store updates for the day so that "Game from last year + all DLC" is only $5.

That was the good thing about Steam sales.

Zombiepop
Mar 30, 2010

Jose posted:

Console commands to do what?

Get money, so you can buy mercs, kill heirs if you are stuck in gavelkind, spawn rebels for fun, add traits etc. Its "cheating" but ck2 can be really unforgiving game for a newbie. Even if losing is part of the fun.

Nice Van My Man
Jan 1, 2008

Turmoil posted:

I hope to never see the likes of it again now that they added filters.

Holy poo poo finally!

edit: "your preferences have not been saved. Please try again later." How much longer must I endure the anime scourge Steam!?

Nice Van My Man fucked around with this message at 14:52 on Jun 24, 2017

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Zombiepop posted:

Get money, so you can buy mercs, kill heirs if you are stuck in gavelkind, spawn rebels for fun, add traits etc. Its "cheating" but ck2 can be really unforgiving game for a newbie. Even if losing is part of the fun.

after playing a bit i see what you mean. the game is pretty slow to start wtih

strange feelings re Daisy
Aug 2, 2000

Shadow of Mordor for $4 was a great buy. They copied the combat system from the Arkham games and I am glad of it.

spudsbuckley
Aug 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

(and can't post for 5 years!)

strange feelings re Daisy posted:

Shadow of Mordor for $4 was a great buy. They copied the combat system from the Arkham games and I am glad of it.

It gets boring after like 3 hours or so.

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

spudsbuckley posted:

It gets boring after like 3 hours or so.
just like the the peter jackson LOTR movies :grin:

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

i just bought the steam link hopefully i can stream videos using it instead of copying them onto a usb stick

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

Jose posted:

i just bought the steam link hopefully i can stream videos using it instead of copying them onto a usb stick

you can

Son of Rodney
Feb 22, 2006

ohmygodohmygodohmygod

I miss the changing prices and flash sales. Made it really interesting. Now I just check the sale once, buy maybe one game, then don't bother.

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug

yeah that's sorta modern steam sales for you,

Maya Fey
Jan 22, 2017

the steam sales have been lovely for a few years now

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

im almost finished that vampire masquerade game

it started out really strong like the first couple levels were really good but it kinda gets a big meh eventually

its still good, but could have been so much better

Prorat
Aug 3, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
You can't do flash sales with refunds.

Universe Master
Jun 20, 2005

Darn Fine Pie

Picked up Far Cry Primal. I was wary of a Far Cry game without guns, but I'm digging it so far.

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

Yo I bought the new DOOM and it's dope as gently caress. Deffo get it and Wolfenstein: The New Order and The Old Blood if you're on the fence, they are great games

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax
I'm probably going to get Tyranny because you all sold me on it after how lackluster and bland Pillars of Eternity was. It sounds pretty rad.

Prorat
Aug 3, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
I just bough like 25 Serious Sam games/ expansions for 11 bucks.

tenspott
Aug 1, 2002

by FactsAreUseless

EvilJoven posted:

I haven't played a video game in like a year, save the one or two times I've fired up a video game to see if not liking them is just a phase and going 'yep, this is boring now' about 15 minutes later.

I've lost 75lbs almost finished my pilots license (would be taking my check ride today but got hosed over by clouds) done a shitload of renovations on a house and overall become a healthier more interesting person as a result.

Enjoy your summer video games though.

I hope you crash your plane.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon

Universe Master posted:

Picked up Far Cry Primal. I was wary of a Far Cry game without guns, but I'm digging it so far.

I heard a lot of people making GBS threads on this one, but its great imo. Nothing like sneaking up on neanderthals and braining them with a stone club.

Son of Rodney
Feb 22, 2006

ohmygodohmygodohmygod

so final verdict tyranny after like 10 hours: it's real good. Characters are really interesting and pretty much all written realistically, the story is good and the gameplay has perfected the isometric rpg elements imho, that even someone like me who never liked this stype gets by just fine. Also the choices you do have a lot of little impacts on the world, I'm not sure how much of the grander story changes but having a lot of people commenting on things you did and changing their reactions to you is neat.

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

I'm tempted to buy Fallout 4 even though my current Game Box 500 cannot play it

I guess I should wait

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon

Son of Rodney posted:

so final verdict tyranny after like 10 hours: it's real good. Characters are really interesting and pretty much all written realistically, the story is good and the gameplay has perfected the isometric rpg elements imho, that even someone like me who never liked this stype gets by just fine. Also the choices you do have a lot of little impacts on the world, I'm not sure how much of the grander story changes but having a lot of people commenting on things you did and changing their reactions to you is neat.

Given that you kind of play a villain, does it have nuanced choices or is it more of the usual with great options like "give up your money to a random stranger for no reason" vs "murder them, their family and piss on their corpses"?

Twat le Piss
Aug 4, 2004

Grimey Drawer
iits got poo poo the last few years

Son of Rodney
Feb 22, 2006

ohmygodohmygodohmygod

Colonel Cancer posted:

Given that you kind of play a villain, does it have nuanced choices or is it more of the usual with great options like "give up your money to a random stranger for no reason" vs "murder them, their family and piss on their corpses"?

Id say more nuanced, due to the reputation system working with many different factions you can usually decide between goodish, practical and ruthless options that you have to concider in terms of Impact. If you decide according to the official office you hold youre supposed to be efficient and just, if you want to follow another faction you need to be rebelous or fixated on strength. Tbh Ive not really noticed any of the usual cliche "goody two shoes or twisted psyko" choices you usually get. I dig it a lot. The give money to strangers option is usually given when you get a real benefit so it doesnt seem as dumb as usual.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Onkel Hedwig
Jun 27, 2007

There are now eight "Sakura" games on steam: http://store.steampowered.com/search/?term=sakura&category1=998

• Locked thread