Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jim Barris
Aug 13, 2009

Actually, there are fourteen of them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

Heaven Spacey posted:

Yo I bought the new DOOM and it's dope as gently caress. Deffo get it and Wolfenstein: The New Order and The Old Blood if you're on the fence, they are great games

when you get the final gun mak sure to get the charging upgrade not the headshot upgrade first

mike12345
Jul 14, 2008

"Whether the Earth was created in 7 days, or 7 actual eras, I'm not sure we'll ever be able to answer that. It's one of the great mysteries."

I saw a streamer playing Wolfenstein: The New Order yesterday, was really surprised at the level of writing and voice acting. Really good stuff.

Maya Fey
Jan 22, 2017

mike12345 posted:

I saw a streamer playing Wolfenstein: The New Order yesterday, was really surprised at the level of writing and voice acting. Really good stuff.

same but the sakura games

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

mike12345 posted:

It's probably one of the most well written stories with engaging characters in a modern fps. loving Wolfenstein

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

the new wolfenstein game looks fun as gently caress

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Jose posted:

the new wolfenstein game looks fun as gently caress

The last game was a pretty fun nazi destroying sim

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

this one has cool scifi weapons and a super suit

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

also its making internet nazi's mad that they're the villains lol

Maya Fey
Jan 22, 2017

BJ Blaskowitz: Antisemitism is wrong. There is no vast jewish conspiracy. Robot Hitler is going down.
Wise Old Jewish Guy: Here, to help you on your quest, use this secret technology we've been hiding from the goyim for centuries

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy

Maya Fey posted:

BJ Blaskowitz: Antisemitism is wrong. There is no vast jewish conspiracy. Robot Hitler is going down.
Wise Old Jewish Guy: Here, to help you on your quest, use this secret technology we've been hiding from the goyim for centuries

is this supposed to be a joke?

Maya Fey
Jan 22, 2017

The Walrus posted:

this is literally a plot point in the game, turns out there really is a vast jewish conspiracy

Son of Rodney
Feb 22, 2006

ohmygodohmygodohmygod

The Walrus posted:

This is literally something that happens in the game

The game is really really good btw, it's got lazer machine guns for christs sake

Maya Fey
Jan 22, 2017

the submarine and moon base levels were really good

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

i've completed the new order and don't remember any of this lol

Serephina
Nov 8, 2005

恐竜戦隊
ジュウレンジャー
It's the part where you hijack the Sub in order to get to the underwater vault with uber tech in it, such as the hilarious bouncy box and the nanogrid armour thing they give to the paralyzed leader chick.

Wolfenstein: The New Order is a gem and you should all go buy it.

Space Robot
Sep 3, 2011

I don't usually buy games on these sales over 10 or 11 dollars unless I really really want that particular game, which is pretty rare. Right now, I have such a huge backlog of unplayed games that by the time I would even get around to playing some of them, another major sale or two would have come and gone and the prices for the more expensive games would have been reduced even more.

Can you still not sell games? That would be nice.

DiHK
Feb 4, 2013

by Azathoth

Unbelievably Fat Man posted:

Might want to check out Pillars of Eternity. It's under $20 and a pretty good spiritual successor to BG. I was having a good time with it until the Witcher 3 DLC went on sale enough for me to buy it.

I have Pillars but lost interest some time after getting the keep thingy. If fine and all but the weird not quite D&D system just sat weird with me and made me feel like I had no understanding/control. Either I've outgrown interest in RPGs or they just don't make them in a way that I like anymore (I don't don't like 1st Person RPGs).

For me this is the saddest steam sale though. Hearts of Iron 4 is still way too much for me to consider and Steel Division is a measly $5 off. THe indie games that I have on my list are still too much (Hyperlight Drifter, Little Nightmares).

paul_soccer10
Mar 28, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Eurotuck baby honk honk

EvilJoven
Mar 18, 2005

NOBODY,IN THE HISTORY OF EVER, HAS ASKED OR CARED WHAT CANADA THINKS. YOU ARE NOT A COUNTRY. YOUR MONEY HAS THE QUEEN OF ENGLAND ON IT. IF YOU DIG AROUND IN YOUR BACKYARD, NATIVE SKELETONS WOULD EXPLODE OUT OF YOUR LAWN LIKE THE END OF POLTERGEIST. CANADA IS SO POLITE, EH?
Fun Shoe
Euro Truck is legit first time I tried driving a big rear end 5 speed Ford F-350 dump truck with a trailer was a cakewalk and I had only ever driven stick like once ten years ago.

tenspott posted:

I hope you crash your plane.

Ya already ahead of you on that one. Although it was more an 'unplanned departure from the runway on landing and collision with a runway light'. gently caress me that was a crosswindy day.

Welp. Plane was fixed with three rivets and something like airplane Bondo.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

is the moon base in new order or old blood because i really don't remember that

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

i'm thinking of trying tyranny but i didn't really like torment or pillars of eternity am i making a mistake? i put a lot of time into divinity original sin until it got real slow and i got bored of it

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Jose posted:

i'm thinking of trying tyranny but i didn't really like torment or pillars of eternity am i making a mistake? i put a lot of time into divinity original sin until it got real slow and i got bored of it

If you couldn't get into those games you'll probably not like Tyranny either.

Cool premise but lots of similar clunky mechanics

ditty bout my clitty
May 28, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

really queer Christmas posted:

Buy nier automata you dorks

Is it patched for the master race yet?

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

Jose posted:

is the moon base in new order or old blood because i really don't remember that

New order, old blood was the castle and the zombies.

ditty bout my clitty posted:

Is it patched for the master race yet?

I think it has been for amd, not sure about nvidia.

Richard M Nixon
Apr 26, 2009

"The greatest honor history can bestow is the title of peacemaker."
Has anyone else commented on how goddamn retarded it is that I can't buy a game and save it in my inventory? gently caress you, Gaben, you oval office.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

i don't understand steam inventories i see them mentioned when i buy games and stuff but i've never bothered to figure it out

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Professor Shark posted:

I'm tempted to buy Fallout 4 even though my current Game Box 500 cannot play it

I guess I should wait

Idk, if you liked the skill and attribute system of the last 2 fallout games you might hate this one.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

fallout 4 is really bad unless you like the minecraft bit of it

Richard M Nixon
Apr 26, 2009

"The greatest honor history can bestow is the title of peacemaker."

Jose posted:

i don't understand steam inventories i see them mentioned when i buy games and stuff but i've never bothered to figure it out

I see a game that looks cool and it's on sale 75% off so gently caress it I'll buy it. But I don't have time to play right now so I want to keep it in my inventory. Maybe time passes and I decide I want to play it so I redeem the game. Maybe instead a friend's birthday is coming up or I see something I'd rather have more - well gently caress, I can just trade this game that I bought while on sale. What a fantastic system. It actually feels like....owning a product? Woah!

slave to my cravings
Mar 1, 2007

Got my mind on doritos and doritos on my mind.
Golf with your friends is pretty fun even though it's still early access

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
I was just about to buy LA Noire, but I saw some comments about how you have to log into some ancient, undependable server that never remembers your username and password every time you play it, and there are graphical / framerate glitches even on a gtx1070 and i7 6700K (very close to my specs).

I'm amazed that publishers are allowed to sell games that are fundamentally broken on newer systems.

Looks like I'm buying Human Fall Flat instead.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

la noire is really bad so you lucked out

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Jose posted:

la noire is really bad so you lucked out

that's a drat shame, I really wanted to see what all the hub-bub was about with the facial animations.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

a bone to pick posted:

that's a drat shame, I really wanted to see what all the hub-bub was about with the facial animations.

they make no sense at all and they changed the wording on what the actions do so when you think you've selected something reasonable you assault them

ditty bout my clitty
May 28, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Jose posted:

they make no sense at all and they changed the wording on what the actions do so when you think you've selected something reasonable you assault them

It's like playing a schizophrenic meeting other schizophrenics

ditty bout my clitty
May 28, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe
Found this on reddit, dunno if it's true or not: "The game originally had different labels for the choices for how you could react to statements. The choices were 'coax' (truth), 'force' (doubt), and 'lie' (which didnt change). The change was made somewhat late in development, so the acting and dialog were largely unchanged. While the lying option didn't change, and coaxing the truth out of someone isn't too different in tone compared to believing someone is telling the truth, doubt and force are in no way similar."

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

I thought it was ok but I got it for like $3 so eh. Really poo poo optimization though, ran horrifically on my top of the line rig in 2013.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

i think i died once falling down some stairs too because like all rockstar games it controls like total poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Jose posted:

i think i died once falling down some stairs too because like all rockstar games it controls like total poo poo

rockstar games and stairs have always been at odds with each other

• Locked thread