Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Haier
Aug 10, 2007

by Lowtax
http://store.steampowered.com/app/384190/ABZU/

I bought ABZU. It's very relaxing, very pretty, and sounds nice too. Some tension is there when you're going into dark territory because you don't know if something is going to be a threat. I'm still not sure if I can die yet. It's a good exploration game for spacing out and wandering and look at stuff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Haier
Aug 10, 2007

by Lowtax
I just bought DOOM and then saw it needs about 78 GB hard drive space. My games partition has about 89 GB free. Does filling a partition up cause any slow-downs or problems the way filling up a non-partitioned hard drive does?

a bone to pick posted:

I got this alpha game called sword with sauce and it owns
Thanks to you, I just looked this up and bought it.

Haier
Aug 10, 2007

by Lowtax

Installation files are 66 jeebs LOL

Haier
Aug 10, 2007

by Lowtax
I've been playing DOOM and enjoying it, and I recommend it to anyone on the fence. It just starts you off in the game killing things. No bullshit to deal with, just instant running and gunning.
I wish there was a way to make it less jaggy, because otherwise I play it on ultra settings without any problems.
Anyway, I got the chainsaw and before I could use it, i scrolled through my weapons and when I did that it made the chainsaw disappear forever. Is this normal? I'm 2 hours in and have yet to saw someone up. SAD.

Haier
Aug 10, 2007

by Lowtax

the good fax machine posted:

I think chainsaw is G
This is the one. Thanks.

Maya Fey posted:

The chainsaw and bfg arent regular weapons in this one, theyre more like tools that have their own key. Chainsaw gives you an instant kill on anything plus a bunch of ammo, bfg is pretty much a shmup bomb that clears the screen of most enemies
Well, that's :sad:

slave to my cravings posted:

Should I buy go go Nippon my first trip to Japan?

quote:

As the game's protagonist, you'll travel to famous Japanese sightseeing spots in the company of a pair of beautiful young sisters. The girls will describe the spots, take you out to dinner, and grow closer to you throughout your travels.

The thrill of taking a trip through Japan with pretty girls is the experience offered by this "Guide Game" -- a guidebook in game format!
I didn't know anime girls can be called "beautiful" and "pretty" as a way to entice people to play.

The Skeleton King posted:

Anyone know a game that my dad could play? He's 55 and is incapable of playing games that use two control sticks at once. I've been trying to find one that would work. His favorite game is San Francisco Rush 2049 for the Dreamcast.

He likes racing games but doesn't like the modern free-roam games where you have to drive to different events and poo poo or games that take too long to get to the actual driving. He likes rally sport games, but didn't like dirt 3 as much as the first dirt game. He also likes F Zero, although he isn't very good at it. He hates Mariokart.

As for other games, he likes arcade-style games that don't get too complicated. He does like beat-em-ups. He also likes golfing games.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/517710/Redout_Enhanced_Edition/

Modern Wipe Out with speed and pretty colors. It's on sale for a decent price right now.

Also, like Shame on an IGA said, Crazy Taxi. I am not sure if your dad will enjoy the constant need to race the clock, but I am sure it's cheap.

Haier
Aug 10, 2007

by Lowtax

Harveygod posted:

What's a fun racing game? I have a sim-racing rig for iRacing and am thinking of some other thing to do with it. Is there a spiritual successor to F-Zero?

poisonpill posted:

It's called Redout and apparently it owns but I haven't bought it.
I recommended Red Out in this thread, though I owned it and hadn't played it yet. The reviews seemed good. I played it yesterday for a while and I felt really bored and totally not into it. It didn't have any of the immediate fun that something like Wipe Out had for me. I wasn't into having to play/place better just to buy abilities that were instantly available in other games. I didn't enjoy it. The music is extremely dated, being late-'90s, early '00s melodic Psytrance as if it were a PS2/Dreamcast game, so don't hope for that to make it cooler.

I got rid of it once I realized that one more race wasn't going to make it better for me. Others might enjoy it.

EDIT: They stick DLC in with the regular stuff, and when you try to select it they tell you it's DLC and ask if you want to go to the store to buy it. I don't like being teased.

Haier
Aug 10, 2007

by Lowtax
http://store.steampowered.com/app/475150/Titan_Quest_Anniversary_Edition/

Titan Quest is on sale, if anyone likes classic Action RPGs. I bought it a while ago but still come back to it from time to time. An overall Good Game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Haier
Aug 10, 2007

by Lowtax

a bone to pick posted:

since I bought all the jedi knight games, uhh, where do I start?
UP YOUR BUTT AND AROUND CORNER, PAST TWO BLOCKS AND OUT THE BONER!!

• Locked thread