Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nebelwerfer
Jul 25, 2008

He carried our avenging steel over the Rhine,
He drank the emperor's toast from the Danube.
got Wolfenstein, Doom and Darkest Dungeon. Just gonna hope I don't finish DD before these motherfuckers finish downloading

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nebelwerfer
Jul 25, 2008

Space Crabs posted:

considering darkest dungeon is a punishment simulator that takes a billion hours unless you play easy mode i think you are alright

It's actually pretty easy game after you figure out it's patterns. Stock up on torches and surprise attack everything and always have a leper in your party

Nebelwerfer
Jul 25, 2008

Dogmeat posted:

Did Mad Max turn out ok? I remember some complaining about it when it came out but now the reviews look really good and it's pretty cheap.

Best five bucks ever spent if you like to custom some post-apocalyptic hell machines and ram others off the road with them. The level of detail in the world that is 99% sand is also pretty nice touch.

Nebelwerfer
Jul 25, 2008

What the gently caress Domina, how the gently caress do I train more than one champion in my roster of buff dudes when I get pitted against dudes twice bigger than mine, I'm running out of money and food gently caress

Also caved in and bought CK 2 got instant migraine from the UI, who thought that making button 5x5px and just littering them EVERYWHERE was a good idea

Nebelwerfer fucked around with this message at 06:48 on Jun 30, 2017

Nebelwerfer
Jul 25, 2008

Jose posted:

people who put a million hours into bethesda games need their brains examined

if you have a steam friend with thousands of hours in TES games there is a pretty big chance that he is a pedophile

Nebelwerfer
Jul 25, 2008

Jose posted:

people who put a million hours into Battle Royale games need their brains examined

Nebelwerfer fucked around with this message at 20:53 on Jun 30, 2017

Nebelwerfer
Jul 25, 2008

a bone to pick posted:

How about not spending 2 hours on the opening section of punching rats? Or a terrible interface?

Just run away them rats jesus where are your primal survival instintics goddamn

Nebelwerfer
Jul 25, 2008

Knight posted:

I like to think that video games have appreciated that I already spent years punching rats, playing the tutorial, using quicksave/load and backtracking for health so I got enough experience and leveled up so that I don't have to play games like that anymore.

what if you quite like punching things

Nebelwerfer
Jul 25, 2008

goddamn

Nebelwerfer
Jul 25, 2008

COMRADES posted:

There's a mod for FO2 that removes the temple bit at the start and I usually do that because goddamn.

You can literally outrun temple in under five minutes and gather stuff that really helps you in your journey in the beginning from that place

Nebelwerfer
Jul 25, 2008

Fallout: NV is like Fallout 3 that was never meant to be, wacky stuff from 2 but with the world building sperginess of the first one, from the point where Brotherhood of Steel nukes the gold reserves of west coast, sending the factions to a new dark age where they base their own monopoly currencies to luxuries they have at that moment (water, slaves, poker chips)

Nebelwerfer
Jul 25, 2008

Jose posted:

people who put a million hours into Fallout New Vegas mods need their brains examined

Nebelwerfer
Jul 25, 2008

numberoneposter posted:

if you like collecting things forever you should check out the MadMax game

its like a 6.5/10 kind of game but oh boy you can collecting things FOREVER

best thing about that game is to make your arch angel as light and fast as gently caress with gently caress off huge ram in the front and just blow other drivers into kingdom come

Nebelwerfer
Jul 25, 2008

really queer Christmas posted:

Hello, this is me.

i am handing you over to authorities to inspect your steam library right now

Nebelwerfer
Jul 25, 2008

a bone to pick posted:

Fallout 2 is not a modern game.

Arcanum has very similar gameplay but beats Fallout 2 in every conceivable way.

For instance, I can actually kill the mobs at the beginning of the game and it doesn't take hours.

Arcanum was basically Fallout 3: Van Buren after those nerds lost their rights to that IP

with dorfs and magic revolvers that is

Nebelwerfer
Jul 25, 2008

The thing I liked about Arcanum was the multiple paths your party or specific character can take depending your actions

Nebelwerfer
Jul 25, 2008

Dyna Soar posted:

it was ambitious and had they pulled it off, it had been the ultimate classic crpg (instead of PS:T I guess). who woulda thunk making a game with so many paths and options was a bitch to QA

First two times I played it through was before times of wikis and it really blew my mind with opportunities you had with the plot

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nebelwerfer
Jul 25, 2008

I realized that no matter how cool the premise of Domina is, it's still a blatant mobile game-like time sinker. Only thing that it needs is micro-transactions and it would be something you can get for two bucks at google store. It just took me couple days of grinding to sink in. and lol @ built-in twitch support

• Locked thread