Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
spudsbuckley
Aug 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

(and can't post for 5 years!)

I haven't bought anything in a Steam sale in around 3 years because i buy the good games from cdkey websites when they come out so i don' have to wait 5 years for them to be the same price on the Steam store.

Also, PC exclusives aren't very good for the past decade or so so i spend most of my time playing stuff on my PS4. Also, PSN sale prices on major games tend to happen about 6 months after release and are the same price Steam sales.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spudsbuckley
Aug 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

UnfortunateSexFart posted:

This is my first time experiencing the legendary steam summer sale since I've been a console gamer for 15+ years and just got back to PC and... it sucks? Nothing I am interested in is any cheaper than it has been in previous sales.

Yeah, the don't change the deals every day of the sale any more so there are no pricing mistakes you can jump on like 30 seconds after the store updates for the day so that "Game from last year + all DLC" is only $5.

That was the good thing about Steam sales.

spudsbuckley
Aug 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

strange feelings re Daisy posted:

Shadow of Mordor for $4 was a great buy. They copied the combat system from the Arkham games and I am glad of it.

It gets boring after like 3 hours or so.

spudsbuckley
Aug 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Knight posted:

Was talking with some people IRL who were disappointed with the summer sale so they didn't buy anything. Then we started talking about games we're currently playing and I realize they're all talking about new releases they bought at full price (NieR, BATTLEGROUNDS, Ft13, Prey, etc). I mean, if you already bought the game at full price, then I can understand why DOOM and Dishonored 2 being at their lowest prices isn't impressive. :shrug:

A lot of people tend to buy games they want/that review well when they come out because they want to play them ASAP.

Steam sales are for picking up games you weren't ever that interested in and refunding them after about an hour when they inevitably turn out to be garbage/mediocre.

spudsbuckley
Aug 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Hippity Hoppity posted:

Is hand of fate fun? I want an insiders take before taking the plunge

It starts out okay but by the end the levels get so hard as to be impossible if the RNG fucks you with your starting cards.

• Locked thread