Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Skypie
Sep 28, 2008

really queer Christmas posted:

Buy nier automata you dorks

What if playing games with rear end robots is weird to me?

Speaking of rear end, Bayonetta is $15 and is cool and good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skypie
Sep 28, 2008
I was mostly being facetious. Automata looks pretty genuinely great. I'm also thinking of picking up Twilight Struggle to decide if I want to get the physical board game version.

Skypie
Sep 28, 2008

If you're not playing absurdist dating sims, why even bother

Skypie
Sep 28, 2008

Jim Barris posted:

People say this but every time there is a big sale I always get like four or five things I wanted for a price I find reasonable. I paid 15 dollars for Mafia III earlier today and 5 dollars for Ys: Origins. That's a good deal!

I have Ys I, Ys II, and Ys: The Oath in Felghana and one day I will actually play them.

Skypie
Sep 28, 2008

Jose posted:

i'm going to buy all the crusader kings 2 dlc and then never play it

I bought CK2 last year and every time I try to play it, my eyes glaze over and I forget everything and close it

Skypie
Sep 28, 2008
VA-11 HALL-A: CYBERPUNK BARTENDING ACTION is on sale for :10bux: too. If you're looking for what's basically a visual novel about getting people drunk, I think it's kind of worth messing with. I really like it, even if the "gameplay" is only marginally there. You drag ingredients into a mixer to make and serve drinks, and people gush to you about their lives. I think I've seen it go on sale for less though so you could probably hold out if you're on the fence.

Skypie
Sep 28, 2008

Son of Rodney posted:

I like pretty much every RPG ever made, but god drat is pillars of eternity boring as hell. There's pretty much nothing that you haven't seen before, or that makes it in any way interesting, once you take of your "OMG I REMEMBER BALDURS GATE" rose-tinted glasses.

Despite this I bought tyranny, hope it's good.

Also can someone tell me why exactly nier automata is good. It seems like a mega over the top anime hack and slash, that is almost embarassing to play.

I really struggled to get engaged in Pillars also. I dunno, I never played Baldurs Gate but Pillars seemed neat. It just...I dunno. I played for like 3 hours and all that really happened was a weird vision and I killed some bandits? Like, you gotta hook me faster than that because I was just bored.

Skypie
Sep 28, 2008

a bone to pick posted:

Usually I hate on indie games but this sale got mm to buy 2 that I really like.

Has anyone tried out this early access game called Empyrion? Looks like what No Man'y Sky was supposed to be.

I have not played Empyrion myself, but my fiancee is a huge dork for open world crafting games so she bought and played it for a while with another friend. She enjoyed it, but I also got the impression it's very much a programmers game? Lots of fiddling with how things work so you can do stuff like automate the gathering processes or whatever.

Skypie
Sep 28, 2008
Is Neptunia the one that's, like, all the game consoles as anime girls? Someone tried to convince me to buy that once.

Oh if you guys like games like those Kaizo Mario romhacks, get Eryi's Action. It's a dumb little platformer that hates your guts

Skypie
Sep 28, 2008
Every time someone mentions Dragons Dogma, I think they're talking about Dragons Crown and I get upset because DC is an amazing beat em up that's utterly ruined by the cheesecake

Skypie
Sep 28, 2008

Jeffrey of YOSPOS posted:

I tried to play this with 4 people and while the game part was okay, we had to spend more time going through menus equipping new gear and skills one by one after each mission than we did playing, it sucked.

hm yeah, that's fair. The menu and customization are...kinda clunky. I just really enjoyed swinging a huge, gently caress-off axe and buttstomping monsters to death with the Amazon.

The Dennis System posted:

Nothing is ever ruined by cheesecake. Cheesecake improves everything.

Counterpoint: :nws: maybe? http://i.imgur.com/pBNgIZx.mp4

also I decided to throw Shadow of Mordor and DOOM into my cart, now I gotta figure out what Crusader Kings 2 DLC to get

Skypie
Sep 28, 2008

Alan Smithee posted:

question is there any shadowruns I should NOT get?

All of the Shadowrun: Returns games are phenomenal. What you may wanna do is double check on the first one. It's easily the weakest, in terms of UI and menu navigation. The action menus are a little clunky during combat, but after Dragonfall came out, Harebrained actually reworked the first one and added it as a secondary campaign. I don't know if you need to own the first game to get that, though.

Skypie
Sep 28, 2008

mike12345 posted:

You sure on that? Can't find anything about a revamp that's included or can be bought.

So I double checked on this and apparently you do need to own both Shadowrun: Returns and Dragonfall: Director's Cut. It involves moving a bunch of files so it's not as immediate as I'd believed

Here's the guide if anyone is interested. http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=343908392

Skypie
Sep 28, 2008

Jeffrey of YOSPOS posted:

I think we would have had a lot of fun if we could all use menus at the same time instead of one by one. Half of us were not-native English speakers also, which certainly didn't help.

Oh wow, I actually totally forgot only one person could be in a menu at a time. Yeah whoever thought that was a good idea should be fired into the sun. For what it's worth, that same dev did a game called Odin Sphere Leifthrasir which, apparently, doesn't have some of those weird problems and it has a lot less T&A designs. I've not personally played it, but my buddy who enjoyed Dragon's Crown said Odin Sphere was a better game in every way imaginable.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skypie
Sep 28, 2008
Once I put an unarmed mod into Skyrim and the killcams for that are actually kinda brutal and include a curbstomp. I also hip-checked a guy and threw him out a tower window and suplexed a master vampire through a table.

• Locked thread