Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug

yeah I eat rear end posted:

I check this "sale" every year and I'm still convinced the "my wallet" stuff has to be a joke. Almost all the games seem to be roughly the same prices with the same discounts as before the sale. Also most games that have the best discounts are poo poo. Am I missing something?

Modern steam sales blow. It used to be that there was a limited number of things on sale for a limited time and the titles would rotate throughout the sale. Usually there'd be a good mix of getting relatively recent releases for a bit off, getting last years games really cheap, and anything older than that would be like 5 bucks. Sales were worth looking forwards to, now they just slap like 30% off on everything and once you've had a quick glance around there's no reason to revisit the sale.

Im guessing they changed the format cause they make more money this way but IMO it sucks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pillbug

unpleasantly turgid posted:

torchlight II, outlast and battleblock theater good value get em

Torchlight 2 kinda sucked compared to 1 IMO.

I'm sad stardew valley is only 40% off

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pillbug

UnfortunateSexFart posted:

This is my first time experiencing the legendary steam summer sale since I've been a console gamer for 15+ years and just got back to PC and... it sucks? Nothing I am interested in is any cheaper than it has been in previous sales.

yeah that's sorta modern steam sales for you,

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pillbug

a bone to pick posted:

that's a drat shame, I really wanted to see what all the hub-bub was about with the facial animations.

A goon did a p decent LP of it, it's so story focused that you're not missing much by watching instead of playing.

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pillbug

Serephina posted:

Yea man that's just you. If you're having connection problems, it's not steam. There's even a drat isSteamdown website if you doubt it

I sometimes find the in client browser just doesn't work for w/e reason, never have an issue with the website itself but every so often the client one just shits the bed.

• Locked thread