Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zombiepop
Mar 30, 2010

Space Camp fuckup posted:

Tyranny and Stellaris are good too. There's lots of good games but those are two that might fly under the radar.

This, also tyranny just released some new content and there will be a bigger dlc in the fall or something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zombiepop
Mar 30, 2010

Jose posted:

I'm doing the crusader kings tutorial and it wants me to select the get married ambition which isn't an.option 🤔

Dont do the tutorial, it sucks, play a count in ireland 1066(or whatever) start, and dont play ironman. Look up the console commands so you actually can get a game of the ground.

Zombiepop
Mar 30, 2010

Milky Moor posted:

by the sounds of it the dlc will basically be a fix for things like, oh, the missing third act and such

Could be, I did not read up on it at all. Im just happy for more content.

Zombiepop
Mar 30, 2010

Jose posted:

Console commands to do what?

Get money, so you can buy mercs, kill heirs if you are stuck in gavelkind, spawn rebels for fun, add traits etc. Its "cheating" but ck2 can be really unforgiving game for a newbie. Even if losing is part of the fun.

Zombiepop
Mar 30, 2010

Skypie posted:

now I gotta figure out what Crusader Kings 2 DLC to get

Old Gods(VIKINGS! and a new start date) and Way of Life is probably the most important ones.

Other than that, it depends on where you want to play, Sword of Islam for muslims, Rajas of India for India, Horse Lords for some OP Horde poo poo, Sons of Abraham is nice If you play as a christian or jew, The republic for merchant republics, Reapers due and Monk and Mystics are both really good, tho Monks and Mystics is mostly for the organized religions(christianity, islam). Charlemagne pushed backs the timeline and add some story campaign stuff.
People are still out on conclave but I think it's good. Legacy of rome adds retines which is nice when you are big but makes no difference if you are a count.

Skip the ruler designer and eu 4 converter, just get a mod and never convert you game.
The portrait packs are nice for some flavour If you know you are gonna put a couple of 100 into the game.

Fake edit: http://www.ckiiwiki.com/Downloadable_content

Also: People should buy domina, it's fun.

Zombiepop
Mar 30, 2010

ultrabindu posted:

Are they any good CK2 nations for an African start?

Not really, west africa has not gotten any expansion or love, but ethiopia or semien can be fun, especially If you got monks and mystics so you can start a secret cult and eat the abbasid empire from within.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zombiepop
Mar 30, 2010

Dyna Soar posted:

i have bought every single dlc excluding music and story stuff, even the useless ones. ck2 is one of my favourite strategy games or rpg's of all time even though after nearly 100 hours i still suck at it.

:same: but 763 hours... a lot of that is just leaving the game running...I hope.

cRP discussion:Arcanum is one of the best, great world and a very ambitious game. I would love to see a remake, but who owns the rights these days?

• Locked thread