Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Captain Lavender
Oct 21, 2010

verb the adjective noun

Steam won't ever stop recommending anime to me because I bought and love: Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky 1-3; Ys games (Origin, and Oath in Felghana); and Recettear - which are all games I really recommend. It keeps recommending RPG maker games to me, and this Hyperdimention Neptunia game, which looks like some anime robot sex children nonsense,

I really don't like the aesthetic of Hollow Knight; I think I might be the only one, but maybe it's really good? Kind of reminds me, looking at it, of Dust and Elysian Tale, which was really great despite the furry look to it.

I guess I was lucky to play these games, because I wouldn't have bought any of them based on the way they look.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Lavender
Oct 21, 2010

verb the adjective noun

RubberBands Hurt posted:

Go here and click the "Customize Your Queue" button: http://store.steampowered.com/explore/
I believe adding tags to that filter may affect other recommendations on the site (as well as clicking "not interested" on that Neptunia game)

Other than "anime" (which may be a bit too broad to block outright if you like some related games)... I'd suggest "RPGMaker", "JRPG", "Clicker", "Hidden Object", and "Visual Novel"

I've tried some of those criteria before, but I might take another look. Steam just really, REALLY thinks I want it

Skypie posted:

Is Neptunia the one that's, like, all the game consoles as anime girls? Someone tried to convince me to buy that once.

Yeah looks like it.

Captain Lavender
Oct 21, 2010

verb the adjective noun

I don't mean to be all 'boo hoo, steam sales ain't what they used to be', but I did get a little bummed out looking at the Assassin's Creed games. AC 2, Brotherhood and Revelations are each $10. I'm pretty sure I bought all three for <$7.50 total back when.

• Locked thread