Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

this sale sucks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

The Dennis System posted:

Is The Division playable as a single player game?

It's playable in the sense that Borderlands is playable as a single player game. Technically you can do it but the real fun is shooting dudes with friends and building your character to be a compliment to a team

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

should I buy phantom pain? Kinda bored of open world shooters but someone told me it has a pokemon-like collecting but with soldiers. also you get to build up a base.

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

ultrabindu posted:

if it's on sale for around $5 sure go for it. It gets really grindy though.
It's :20bux:.

Maybe I should buy Dragon's Dogma instead?

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

The Skeleton King posted:

Anyone know a game that my dad could play? He's 55 and is incapable of playing games that use two control sticks at once. I've been trying to find one that would work. His favorite game is San Francisco Rush 2049 for the Dreamcast.

He likes racing games but doesn't like the modern free-roam games where you have to drive to different events and poo poo or games that take too long to get to the actual driving. He likes rally sport games, but didn't like dirt 3 as much as the first dirt game. He also likes F Zero, although he isn't very good at it. He hates Mariokart.

As for other games, he likes arcade-style games that don't get too complicated. He does like beat-em-ups. He also likes golfing games.

Pretty much every 40+ gamer I know loving loves Civ. I know it's not in any of the genres you listed but it's worth thinking about esp with his control issues.

• Locked thread