Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS
I don't see much I want in this sale but I did see that the meat boy guy is releasing a new platformer next month which is like, gaming news of the century.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

Putty posted:

Newgrounds era art in the Year of Luigi 2017

Draws like a literal child

Meat boy would still be fun if you were a cube and were avoiding triangles, who cares??? Easily the best platform game ever made.

Hyper light drifter is cool, I have it already. Hollow knight I'm unsure of - it's tentatively on my wish list but I'm not sold yet. I've had enough "garden variety" metroidvanias to last a lifetime, what's the hook for that one?

I'm considering dead cells, it looks pretty good even if I don't like rogue legacy-style rewards for losing.

I really want to play prey but I'm gonna wait for it to cost $5.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS fucked around with this message at 20:50 on Jun 23, 2017

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

I played ori and the blind forest recently and it was great but yeah, need a breather before I really wanna do another one. I'll keep it in mind.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

Creamed Cormp posted:

Ok I already have a Worms game and Sonic & Sega Racing Transformed, what else should I get to cover all my "let's plug in 2 controllers and have some split-screen fun" needs?

Spelunky

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

Xaris posted:

what about Hollow Knight and Hyperlight Drifter

they are really good. HK is probably indie GOTY 2017

also i'm old and bad at platformers now unless its donkey kong/mario/rayman. most indie platformers make me sad

Also nope because the meat boy guy is releasing a platformer, as stated, it is goty and it's not even out yet!!!

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

Nier is very thematic and cool, exploring the nature of what it is to be human or worth caring about. I haven't finished it or anything so I don't know quite where it goes but it's fun. The swordfight stuff isn't that great to me, kinda generic, it's more about the story/theme. Don't expect a deep combat system ala bayonetta.

I wanna know more about tyranny, it certainly looks cool but the piles of dlc and "editions" and poo poo is kind of a turnoff, plus it seems like a game that will be $5 in a year or two.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

reignofevil posted:

You fight robot dinosaurs and can ride some of them.

If this hasn't sold you on the game that's fine.

noooo that's the other 2017 robot apocalypse game, horizon zero dawn

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

I want prey but it's too expensive...next year, with tyranny.

Maybe I should finally finish System Shock 2 instead.

I ended up buying hollow knight and dead cells, dead cells is good so far. Snake pass is extremely cute and very hard. Probably going to do one or two more games but that's it this time. Still a little tempted on tyranny but I know I can just wait.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS fucked around with this message at 22:30 on Jun 26, 2017

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

Skypie posted:

Every time someone mentions Dragons Dogma, I think they're talking about Dragons Crown and I get upset because DC is an amazing beat em up that's utterly ruined by the cheesecake

I tried to play this with 4 people and while the game part was okay, we had to spend more time going through menus equipping new gear and skills one by one after each mission than we did playing, it sucked.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

Skypie posted:

hm yeah, that's fair. The menu and customization are...kinda clunky. I just really enjoyed swinging a huge, gently caress-off axe and buttstomping monsters to death with the Amazon.
I think we would have had a lot of fun if we could all use menus at the same time instead of one by one. Half of us were not-native English speakers also, which certainly didn't help.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

Dragon's dogma is bizarre at times but really fun.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

wolves hunt in packs!!!

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

Right, but if that's true, the solution is "don't play fallout games". I remember the old ones fondly but that doesn't mean they're good by today's standards and frankly, I don't think I'd make it out of the starting areas. New Vegas is the only 3d one that reaches "tolerable" but even then just barely. I didn't quit fully until one of the main quests broke entirely in the middle of it. Bethesda games have no soul.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

Jose posted:

jeffrey will you destroy gurf he's posting his poo poo videos again and won't look at all the sounding pictures people posted

k done, I didn't notice I'm try to work and poo poo on popular video games!!!

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

a bone to pick posted:

How about not spending 2 hours on the opening section of punching rats? Or a terrible interface?
I mean that sucked but it's better than spending spending 14 hours picking up garbage from lifeless abandoned homes. You're kinda comparing poo poo and vomit here, maybe you're right but who cares???

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

a bone to pick posted:

better gameplay, pacing, and dialogue mostly but I see you live in a parallel universe so there's no point arguing about the turn-based combat.

You must be a No Mutants Allowed member or something.
Was combat in new vegas all that engaging to you? I still felt like I was playing a mushy mess. I mean shooting then nuke gun or whatever was fun but mostly it was sorta bad feeling guns or punching or whatever. Like, fallout 2 combat isn't something I reminisce fondly about but I didn't exactly look forward to combat sections in new vegas either. I mean it's better than godawful elder scrolls combat but that's not saying much.

Basically every grandiose open world rpg ought to be compared to dark souls and witcher 3. If it doesn't excel in the way one of those two games did then it's not worth playing. One day a game will do both and unite the tribes or something but until then we're gonna keep getting mushy-rear end randomly generated fetch quest bethesda nonsense.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

Inept posted:

Flight Simulator 98 looks pretty bad now. Thanks for the free game, Gateway 2000.

are you a bad enough dude to land the plane that only has two side-by-side wheels for some reason???

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

Turn your monitor on?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

Pennywise the Frown posted:

The first day of the sale I had this same problem. I tried it through a chrome and still ran into the same issue. I'm not having any problems anymore.

edit: god dammit I'm not used to this freaking avatar

Whenever the steam browser messes up, chrome will fail in the same way, and firefox will work fine. Mine constantly falls to stream people playing within the browser and chrome but firefox is fine.

• Locked thread