Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Imagined
Feb 2, 2007
God drat, 90% of these guys could be cured with the same advice.

1. Stop reading this redpill/incel poo poo.
2. Get your mental illness treated
3. Get a haircut
4. Take a shower
5. Develop a loving activity that doesn't involve being in your room or in the company of other hopeless manchildren. Get a job. Join the army. Find a coed club. loving go to church, anything.
6. Stop thinking you deserve a partner who's better looking than yourself.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Imagined
Feb 2, 2007

mind the walrus posted:

But where does the victim complex fit in? :psyduck:

Step 2.

Imagined
Feb 2, 2007
I didn't even say hobby I said activity, I don't care if you take your dog to the dog park or something, just anything to make you get dressed, take a shower, leave your dungeon and go out where you might have to talk to people.

And the one goon who said you can meet a girl who likes the same lifestyle as you is right. My wife and I basically stayed in our room playing computer games side by side together for almost ten years before we had a kid who forced us to become, for lack of a better word, normies. Luckily (for us and our son) by then we were ready to grow up anyway.

I had a buddy growing up who never even kissed a girl until he was 30. For ten years he pined over this one girl who was at least five points hotter than him on any scale. Finally he gave up on her and met someone through livejournal who actually liked him. She cut his hair, changed his wardrobe and married him. The difference is my friend didn't have this toxic club of losers to nurture his loneliness. He was still social and just went on with his life like a person until he met someone.

Imagined fucked around with this message at 11:29 on Jul 11, 2017

Imagined
Feb 2, 2007

I'm unfamiliar with this usage of that word.

Imagined
Feb 2, 2007
What's that have to do with food stamps?

Imagined
Feb 2, 2007
How about you just treat women like human beings and be polite and have a little confidence in yourself. Crazy idea.

Imagined
Feb 2, 2007
In ye olden days of the internet, before this kind of thing became codified as redpill or incel, guys like this used to just whine that women didn't like "nice guys". I used to link then this excellent collection of rants about so-called "nice guys".

Imagined
Feb 2, 2007
"My actions alienate me and it's everyone else's fault but mine!"

Imagined
Feb 2, 2007

joylessdivision posted:

My ex girlfriend kept mental track of every time I told her no and I thought that was loving weird. This is a whole new level.

Some women really can't handle it when their long term male partner actually turns down sex every once in a while. I've had to spend a half hour reassuring a few that yes, I was still attracted to them, everything was OK, etc, etc. Nobody should have to justify themselves with more than one sentence if they're just not in the mood, feeling lazy, gross, busy, whatever.

Also, I want to know how this guy was asking. Just flat out saying "Do you want to have sex?" out of nowhere is going to get you a negative response more times than not from anybody, even a long term partner. You got to have some game, son. Even your wife wants you to make an effort for her. "What's wrong with a kiss, boy? Hmm? Why not start her off with a nice kiss? You don't have to go leaping straight for the clitoris like a bull at a gate."

Imagined fucked around with this message at 17:39 on Jul 15, 2017

Imagined
Feb 2, 2007

I can no longer sit back and allow femoid infiltration, femoid indoctrination, femoid subversion and the international femoid conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.

Imagined
Feb 2, 2007

Say Nothing posted:

Japan is full of incels? That explains why so many animes are set in high schools.

We should be so lucky to have Japan's incels: "kind and gentle men who, without being bound by manliness, do not pursue romantic relationships voraciously and have no aptitude for being hurt or hurting others."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Herbivore_men

Imagined
Feb 2, 2007
I love how people on the internet can be "so over it" about something that was announced yesterday.

If we had today's social media on 9/12/2001: "God, are you people STILL talking about that?"

Imagined
Feb 2, 2007

Pac-Manioc Root posted:

imagine you're just a normal lower middle class dad burdened by a basement-dwelling failson. you put in a good word for him at a few local places, you arranged a job down at the packing plant through your buddy in the lyons club. but he no-call no-showed all his jobs you set up for him and is unemployable. you can't leave your own flesh and blood on the street and you stay up late talking with the wife brainstorming some way, any way to get him to man up. recruiters won't take him he's 4f; he lacks the discipline for university. deep down there's some kernal of you in him, he can be a regular dude who contributes to his community there's got to be something. then one day while he is out spending 20 dollars he begged from you at the comic store you walk into his room with a discrete brown package from bodypillow.com to leave for him and see the computer open to r/incel

You're not doing your kid any favors supporting them like that. Pay their first two months rent on an apartment, give em an old beater car, and say good luck.

Imagined
Feb 2, 2007
Depression is a motherfucker.

Imagined
Feb 2, 2007
How do you reach adulthood in a western country without having enough contact with women to realize they're just as human as you are and have the same wants and needs.

Imagined
Feb 2, 2007
I've been reading this thread too much. I was at the gas station last night and a dudebro frat boy type in a lifted truck drove screaming into the parking lot and went into the liquor store next door.

In my head I called him Chad! :bahgawd:

Imagined
Feb 2, 2007
I know from personal experience that forcing a huge baby out doesn't "ruin" a pussy so I don't know why these guys think a mere penis could have such an effect.

Imagined
Feb 2, 2007
There are many countries where life is objectively "worse" by our standards where the people report higher levels of happiness and have much lower rates of suicide and depression. People are social animals. They'll happily deal with living in squalor if they can do it together, but if you imprison them isolated in the Ritz Carlton they'll go loving nuts. Alienation is awful. Why do you think so many people remember times of hardship like the great depression and WW2 as the best of their lives? They had a purpose, and they had comradeship.

Imagined fucked around with this message at 14:33 on Jul 21, 2017

Imagined
Feb 2, 2007

du -hast posted:

I'm only a few pages into this thread but I guess I have a really dumb question, that I'm sure will trigger some anger but:

Why not just go to whores? Like if you're so hosed up you can't get laid, at all, why not get a prostitute? That's what they're there for. I mean their job is literally to solve this issue.

Most prostitutes that I've met (tho never used) don't care how much of a dweeb you are - $50 is $50.

It just baffles me that people like Eliot Roger and these people on reddit do not understand that there is a simple, quick, and easy solution to this issue.

Not being able to get laid is literally a non-existent issue unless you live in Saudi Arabia. You can litearally find a prostitue that meets your fantasies and gently caress said woman within an hour.

Their attitude is "Why should I pay for something (seemingly) everybody else gets for free?"

Imagined
Feb 2, 2007
I mean I like Adult Swim and everything but having a bigger dick contest over which stoner manbaby cartoon you watch doesn't really seem... productive.

Other than just untreated mental illness, I think the fundamental problem with the way these guys see the world is they think that what looks easy when other people do it is easy. Dating, socializing, procreating, etc. That stuff is extremely hard, and almost everybody has had to work to learn how to do it! Some of us work hard at looking like being a functional human comes naturally to us every single day of our lives, because we want the things that come along with that -- companionship, a job, a place in society, friends, etc. We aren't "our natural selves" because if everyone only did what we naturally wanted to do we'd be disgusting and society would fall apart.

So these guys want what the rest of us are working hard for -- even "Chad" and "Stacie" -- to just be given to them. Do you know how much loving time and thought and effort it takes to be truly hot? A lot of really beautiful women spend HOURS every day looking the way they do. We had a roommate who was traditionally attractive. She spent hours in the gym every day. She thought about every meal. And girls would say poo poo to her like "Oh, it's so easy for you." But I saw how much she had to sacrifice because wanted to look good -- for herself, not for dudes. Made me have a lot of respect for the type of woman who you might assume on appearance is someone who won the genetic lottery just floating through life on easy mode. Can you imagine, for example, going through life never having more than one singular bite of any unhealthy food? Cuz that's what it takes to be a "10" and stay there. Why would someone like that want to date a guy who can't even be bothered to wash his hair properly? Because he's got a dick? It's economics, son. The supply of loser dicks is high and the demand is extremely loving low.

And this is not to exclude the guys at the gym. You might think they're meatheads but the strongest and best looking guys know more than most doctors about their own nutrition and bodies, and their workout routines are planned with the precision of a space mission. To top it off, most of them are extremely nice and ready to help guys who are just starting out if they ask politely. They're usually thrilled someone is interested in their hobby.

Imagined fucked around with this message at 01:32 on Aug 8, 2017

Imagined
Feb 2, 2007
What is even the point of this subreddit, logically? They don't want to help each other feel better or change. They actively discourage it.

It seems like logically they would realize that whatever delusional fantasies about government sex welfare or whatever are never going to happen, so they might as well either experiment with changing and see if it helps, accept that they're going to be alone, or kill themselves.

Faced with those three choices and really ONLY those three choices, these guys are like gently caress it, we'll do it live and choose none of the above.

It's just weird to me because it seems so inhuman to seemingly WANT to be unhappy and actively resist any option which might lead to increased happiness just to wallow in it. Change, accept it, or die. Not "option d: don't change, don't accept it, and don't kill myself and instead just constantly impotently whine about it."

Imagined fucked around with this message at 19:25 on Aug 24, 2017

Imagined
Feb 2, 2007
"Guys, I've got this huge splinter in my foot. No, I'm not going to take it out myself, no I'm not going to go to a doctor, and no I'm not going to just suck it up and quit complaining about it. I'm just going to whine like a big baby while making sure nothing happens that might improve things."

Imagined
Feb 2, 2007
Your scenario only makes sense if this hypothetical "reasonable" incel is doing all they can to maximize their chances in good faith. Proper dressing, grooming, not being desperate, being self confident, not saying creepy or cringey things. They get blamed because fat ugly guys like me have gotten laid and long term relationships by doing (or not) those things, and so we assume the incel is loving one of the basics up somehow. Being ugly is not in your control, maybe, but smelling bad and acting like a desperate weirdo is.

And these guys are like "But I wasn't born knowing how to be like that!" No poo poo? Literally NOBODY is. EVERYBODY has had to learn how to be a person. I don't know why incels think they should get a pass.

Imagined fucked around with this message at 23:07 on Aug 24, 2017

Imagined
Feb 2, 2007

hyphz posted:

Again, the word "blame" is used here to confuse by conflation. He should not _blame_ the customers, because they have done no wrong by not buying a car. But at the same time, unless he is assuming that the customers are automatons, he has no way to assume that he had any control over what happened. He can't evaluate why he's failing because he can't assume the customers' actions were predictable given his. All he - or his boss or anyone else - can say is "I cannot engage in further thought about this situation without resolving the paradox of free will vs. determinism and since that cannot be resolved, evaluation ends here. That of which we cannot speak, we must pass over in silence." Mic drop.

What am I trying to argue? I'm not really trying to argue, I'm trying to explain what the contradictory attitude to persuasion I referred to earlier is, because another poster apparently assumed it was something to do with rape. The contradictory attitude is that society blames people for failing to persuade based on results. If there is free will, there is no grounds for such blame because the persuader's actions do not determine the results. If there is no free will, then the persuader also had no free will, thus no choice and no responsibility.

The fact that you think of relationships like a property transaction is pretty telling. You don't have to persuade a woman to like you. You are a human being and she is a human being, and if you talk to her as such she will be attracted to you or she won't. You don't convince her of the value of choosing you as a mate. You're not arguing a case. You're not selling something. You're just being a person, and they're being a person. You BOTH have free will, equally. I feel like you're bordering on the idea that women don't really want sex, they have to be tricked into it or something. Let me tell you, girls are just as horny as guys (if not more so), they just have more potential consequences to constrain them if they're not crazy. I feel like you're bordering on PUA type magical thinking. I almost expect you to talk about peacocking and ladder theory next.

So anyway, in your weird car argument it's like the people walked into the dealership dead set on buying a car that very day, but the salesman was so offputting that they changed their minds. There's nothing you can do to make a woman attracted to you if she isn't already, but there are thousands of things you can do to repel her even if she started out liking you.

Imagined fucked around with this message at 01:18 on Aug 25, 2017

Imagined
Feb 2, 2007

hyphz posted:

That's just a variant on what I'm actually saying. She will be attracted to him, or she won't. Outside a few obvious edge cases it isn't determined by his actions. So why is it his fault if she isn't?

Because I have zero confidence in any of these guys being able to impersonate a human being long enough to not send any sentient being they approach romantically screaming in the opposite direction.

Have you heard the saying "If all your relationships fail, the common denominator is you."?

How about "If one specific girl doesn't like you, fair enough, but if LITERALLY NO ONE WILL HAVE ANYTHING TO DO WITH YOU, EVER, it's probably your fault somehow."

If you're a baseball player and you miss one pitch, that's life. If you miss every single pitch anyone's ever thrown at you, ever? That's not because every pitcher you ever faced was just that good, and you might need to reevaluate your technique...

Imagined fucked around with this message at 01:27 on Aug 25, 2017

Imagined
Feb 2, 2007

hyphz posted:

And that's exactly what I'm saying is wrong, because of free will. The fact that the follow up is ".. your fault somehow" just shows that the speaker has no idea how and thus can't support their claim. I mean, how many people are we talking about before we're deciding on "literally no one"?

Nope! Just "There's no guarantee of success because of free will." That's no reason not to do anything, success doesn't have to be guaranteed. It is reason not to blame people who don't succeed, especially if there's no obvious reason why (which I accept there is for warped incels), but certainly not to make judgments like the one above. I mean, it's hardly surprising people end up warped if people around them are hammering into them the idea that there's something fundamentally wrong with them, but won't say what it is.

If you're 20+ and you've never held hands with someone romantically, it's not "women's free will", it's you. Even if it's because you've only talked to one girl, who shot you down. It's still you, because you quit trying.

Imagined
Feb 2, 2007
Well, I've never seen a single issue on SA for which someone would not play Devil's Advocate, so I'm not sure why it surprised me for someone to stick up for the poor "reasonable" incels from inside this thread, but it did.

Imagined
Feb 2, 2007

My Linux Rig posted:

Her last class ends at 2:15 and on average starts to drive home around 2:20. It takes her anywhere between 7 - 9 minutes to drive home where she typically spends the first five minutes making herself a snack. That leaves her 20 minutes to relax for a bit and I figured she'd already be home and finished eating when she gets my comment.

I think you could get a restraining order against someone just by showing a judge that they wrote this about you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Imagined
Feb 2, 2007

ranbo das posted:

Pretty much any dude who is getting angry/ aggressive at a girl will shut down the second someone else cuts in. A simple "is everything ok here" gives the girl a lifeline to get out of a lovely situation.

Worst case scenario if you misjudged the situation and it's just two people in a relationship arguing or something the girl will probably tell you to gently caress off and you can get on with your day.

https://www.google.com/search?q=bys...chrome&ie=UTF-8

• Locked thread