Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SaltyJesus
Jun 2, 2011

Arf!

a bone to pick posted:

Woah, this should go in the disturbing art that reflects society thread

what thread is that?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SaltyJesus
Jun 2, 2011

Arf!
There, but for the grace of Chad, go I.

SaltyJesus
Jun 2, 2011

Arf!

chumbler posted:

The fascination with bone structure is still hilarious to me because that's like #1 on the list of poo poo normal people don't even notice about other people.

Eh, a good jawline on a guy is attractive and I've definitely heard women irl specifically mention it as something they like about an actor.

SaltyJesus
Jun 2, 2011

Arf!
I mean the kid is in the age bracket of prime fuckability at 12-14 years old according to incel science, it's only biology, people. . .

SaltyJesus
Jun 2, 2011

Arf!

SaltyJesus
Jun 2, 2011

Arf!
lol somebody post the edit where they made even that dude's jaw wider / neck thicker

SaltyJesus
Jun 2, 2011

Arf!

Pick posted:

Dang. sex calvinists

mods namechange me to Sex Calvinist tia

e: wait, most Calvinists obviously believe they are clearly one of the predestined ones. a true parallel would be some kind of misotheism, a belief in outcomes predetermined by a malevolent deity

SaltyJesus fucked around with this message at 10:25 on Jul 2, 2017

SaltyJesus
Jun 2, 2011

Arf!
poo poo, I figured it out: Sex Gnostics

This cruel matriarchal world is a malevolent illusion from whence you can pass into a better world through the secret knowledge of the black/redpill

e: gently caress, no, incels believe there is no escape for them, that would be the redpill/mgtow community

maybe one of the apocalyptic cults?

SaltyJesus fucked around with this message at 10:37 on Jul 2, 2017

SaltyJesus
Jun 2, 2011

Arf!

Barudak posted:

It is also 100% what Incels believe and has historically led to small death cults of those who believe themselves damned.

So, what you're saying is that it's a self correcting problem?

e: I read the second paragraph now, nvm

SaltyJesus
Jun 2, 2011

Arf!

lazorexplosion posted:

For your curiosity, the life expectancy for an incel in the United States is 43 (the lowest life expectancy by nation is Chad, at 49.8 years) and cardiovascular disease is the most common cause of death.

fuckin Chad

SaltyJesus
Jun 2, 2011

Arf!
The emphasis on getting hobbies when trying to troubleshoot incels is still a little weird to me. I have a bunch of hobbies that are conventionally attractive but that basically don't ever involve interacting with a broader group of people.

• I've been teaching myself to play guitar but it's mostly classical type stuff so it's a solo endavour, when my progress slows down or I feel stuck I'll probably just pay for individual lessons
  • I cook and experiment with food often but I cook only for myself and occasionally a friend
  • I exercise at an outdoor gym early in the day so I mostly don't even see other people and when I do they're focused on finishing their sets well and on time so they can make it to work too
  • I learn languages but I travel relatively frequently (not hard when I can drive to the nearest international border in slightly over an hour and can buy one way plane or bus tickets to other countries for ~25 Euros) and have a small but very international circle of friends I've known for years so I can get my spoken practice without meeting any new people, in the few cases I've taken a tutor to work on pronunciation which is harder to self-correct it was just 1 on 1, me with an older teacher
  • I've considered buying a decent starter camera to try real photography because people occasionally compliment photos I take on nature/city walks or when I travel but that too is just me and the camera.

These are all things I've seen suggested but at least in my experience, even though I've been doing each of them for at least 2 years now, I've never met any new people through them. Good hobbies really aren't a panacea if you don't make an effort to engage with other people.

SaltyJesus fucked around with this message at 08:24 on Jul 11, 2017

SaltyJesus
Jun 2, 2011

Arf!

Pac-Manioc Root posted:

Just tell women they look great drat don't qualify it or dissect why like a frog on a tray.

This can come across as generic, like you're reading off a conversational checklist. The better move, if a little harder because it requires some sensitivity and attentiveness, is to try to spot something she seems to be proud of or that she has emphasized / clearly put some amount of work into and then compliment that.

SaltyJesus
Jun 2, 2011

Arf!

quote:

PART TWO: Ways to Make People Like You............................................................... 65
1 - DO THIS AND YOU’LL BE WELCOME ANYWHERE......................................... 65
2 - A SIMPLE WAY TO MAKE A GOOD FIRST IMPRESSION............................... 75
3 - IF YOU DON’T DO THIS, YOU ARE HEADED FOR TROUBLE......................... 82

Dale Carnegie, inventor of the I
Internet clickbait headline.

SaltyJesus
Jun 2, 2011

Arf!
One Weird Trick to Win Friends and Influence People

Stacies hate him

SaltyJesus
Jun 2, 2011

Arf!
What? You don't have to be goony about it and catalogue the techniques you imagine she used. Just, like, notice if she went out of her way to make her eyes particularly smoky (protip: women are not born with black eyelids, this shouldn't be beyond your powers of perception) and then say something about how she has lovely eyes. :shrug:

e: or if you've seen her a few times and noticed that she tends to wear turquoise jewelry say that color looks great on her

the points is, compliment something that was a deliberate choice and don't make a German technical user manual out of it

SaltyJesus fucked around with this message at 18:16 on Jul 12, 2017

SaltyJesus
Jun 2, 2011

Arf!
ah sorry, I got Poe's lawed

SaltyJesus
Jun 2, 2011

Arf!
pretty much American football athletes :v:

e: which is why US is rightfully the Fifth Rome, you didn't steal that eagle and leaded the gently caress out of your water for nothing

SaltyJesus
Jun 2, 2011

Arf!
these dudes basically rediscovered phrenology

SaltyJesus
Jun 2, 2011

Arf!

timefly posted:

:rolleyes: I met one of my best friends ever by going to a bar alone, and she invited me out the night I met my boyfriend so I met him as a result too. Also, going to the beach by yourself owns. They'd grow out of this BS a lot quicker if they stopped with this subreddit

when I do this I end up arguing with strangers over the bar top. . .

I'm not great at making friends

SaltyJesus
Jun 2, 2011

Arf!
the boy and the girl in the first photo are Asian, she goes off to America to study he stays home and works in a low labor cost factory, she rides the cock carousel while studying and after finishing her (doctoral?) studies returns home, he asks her how was America and she tells him she was a saintly, chaste student who just focused on learning, he believes her and they get married, the asian dude unaware that he's unintentionally become a beta provider cucked by a thousand white chads

SaltyJesus
Jun 2, 2011

Arf!

Pick posted:

If you account for everyone's genetics and everyone's life circumstances everyone is 100% equal

lmao

SaltyJesus
Jun 2, 2011

Arf!
more like by that logic no one is ever at an advantage or a disadvantage, this is not a just world, I'm sure a healthy American teen afflicted only by affluenza is not 100% the same as somebody who is born physically disadvantaged and into oppressive poverty

this doesn't excuse the incel theology but just lol at the idea that everything somehow balances out in the end

SaltyJesus
Jun 2, 2011

Arf!
I wonder how I'd fit into the incel worldview. The amount of difficult to misinterpret female attention I received in school, like girls straight up asking me to go out with them or squeezing my rear end etc., is hilarious considering I never did anything with it because of a deep, unspoken (even to myself) suspicion that if she's showing interest in me she must be winding me up or there must be something wrong with her to want me.

Every speck of incel theology is morally abhorrent, logically inconsistent, asymptotic to reality garbage but I can empathize with the feeling of loss that I didn't explore romantically earlier. Not because teen girls are "purer" or any of that horseshit, God knows teens (myself especially included) are terminally stupid and awkward, but I might have let myself feel with that wide eyed teenage abandon. I can remember being cripplingly isolated and somewhat misanthropic even when I was ten but now I'm just a more experienced and brokebrained misanthrope who can't help thinking "This is all there is. The comfort of a warm body, mutually enabled self-delusion more often than not, and consciously 'building something' with somebody who's only less of a stranger than any other physically/emotionally compatible rando by sheer dint of long exposure."

SaltyJesus fucked around with this message at 21:27 on Aug 9, 2017

SaltyJesus
Jun 2, 2011

Arf!

chumbler posted:

Incels, or anyone really but most probably already do it by default, at bare minimum need to sit down with themselves and ask the question "Would you be interested in you?" If the answer is no (which it is), then your options are either change to make it a yes, or accept that you're going to be alone. Plenty of people do the latter, but you still have to reach an answer to that question.

Heh. What when the answer is "I barely manage to live with myself" but other people are interested? I seem to be well liked at work; I keep fit and in the past two months I've received compliments on my hair and clothes from a friend, a neighbor, and some colleagues on different occasions so I know I'm not a cave troll (though one of the first things I did when I moved into this apartment is to throw out the only wall mirror and buy a small one that I can put away so I don't have to look at myself when not necessary); I'm well traveled and I've picked up a few conventionally attractive hobbies (foreign languages, guitar, cooking - I occasionally get complimented on those too, or asked for help translating / to prepare a dish for events etc.) before I realized that all the self-improvement in the world won't regrow whatever piece of my soul atrophied long ago. I still work hard to get better at all of it but mostly for my own satisfaction and some lingering, mistaken sense that simply getting better at stuff so people are "interested in me" means anything when I can barely bring myself to talk to people outside of professional situations or being office-sociable.

SaltyJesus
Jun 2, 2011

Arf!
I know they're humble brags, I don't know how to put it in a way that doesn't make me sound like an rear end in a top hat but my question is genuine, the point is that I've taken every advice this thread usually gives and worked on each of them until they started showing results (ie. positive feedback) but it didn't change pretty much anything about my social life. I've even tried therapy with a few different professionals with results in other areas but not that.

SaltyJesus
Jun 2, 2011

Arf!
45 degrees, the axes my eyes are on meet orthogonally as God intended

SaltyJesus
Jun 2, 2011

Arf!

chumbler posted:

You sound just uninterested in relationships then, which is fine. I'm not really seeing the issue here.

I would like to be less brokebrained to the point where I can make a genuine connection on any level with the people interested in me. It turns out relationships are a two way street (who knew) and others' opinions of me are much easier to change than my own attitude towards myself and other people. I always thought the latter would just work itself out. Even if you mend everything repulsive about yourself you can still (unwillingly) push everyone away because that's the only thing you know.

SaltyJesus fucked around with this message at 22:56 on Aug 9, 2017

SaltyJesus
Jun 2, 2011

Arf!

quote:

My existence is for God to see how much suffering one man can endure in life.

lmao these dudes really need the darfur war orphan clause

SaltyJesus
Jun 2, 2011

Arf!

aw hell no, who took Chad Thundercock's good name in vain?! a gentleman such as he would never write that

SaltyJesus
Jun 2, 2011

Arf!

fruit on the bottom posted:

They say that mermaids are based on manatee sightings and you know I understand that it gets lonely on the sea but also wtf

you got something against thicc women??

e: don't kinkshame

SaltyJesus
Jun 2, 2011

Arf!

Pick posted:

give 16 year old girls Purge authority

:yeah:

SaltyJesus
Jun 2, 2011

Arf!
hahahaha ok what's the jumping the shark moment? they're clearly reaching being a parody of themselves here

SaltyJesus
Jun 2, 2011

Arf!
reconstructive, necessary after Hugh's sick burns

SaltyJesus
Jun 2, 2011

Arf!

SatansOnion posted:

Kwisatz Chaderach

you know where he can always find moisture? :heysexy:

lmao

SaltyJesus
Jun 2, 2011

Arf!

Barudak posted:

Thats your fault. Instead of getting a 4-year degree I went to vocational monster hunting school. I got lucky and apprentices myself to a dragon hunter and when he wanted to retire I bought the business from him.

bought the business as an apprentice eh, with a small loan of a hundred gold pieces from dad I imagine

SaltyJesus
Jun 2, 2011

Arf!

Coolguye posted:

what part do you want sourced?

like basically this whole book is on the economic subject, but you can get some choice bits starting on page 14. the note about rich people breeding so drat much it brought literacy to the working classes is on page 133.

the biological/sexual part of what i'm talking about has another entire book on the matter by the same author. notes on the polygamous nature of hyper-successful men start on page 170 (chapter 16), where he calls out the quotas powerful men had for 30, 50, or more women in their harems. this comes with the associated note that, hey, there weren't that many more women than men, so for every one noble that existed, another 3-4 dozen men died incel. saying nothing of the emperor himself, who had a harem of 1500 women, and therefore created, pessimistically, 1499 incels. the number is actually lower, because - as pointed out on page 126 - there is an odd quirk that women who suffer from diseases that mark the lower class have more daughters than sons. but not so many more that it would have counteracted the habits of the nobility.

there's way more examples of both throughout both books and each call-out is sourced in the bibliographies at the backs of the books (which are dozens of pages long). i've read much more of this stuff but these books are easy to read, well sourced, well regarded even after being out for a long while, and there are pdfs online that i can link without digging out my kindle copies.

im the Portland PUA

e: just to be clear, I'm not commenting on the book because I haven't read it, I just though the link was funny in the context of this thread

SaltyJesus fucked around with this message at 16:26 on Oct 27, 2017

SaltyJesus
Jun 2, 2011

Arf!

Ghostlight posted:

Frankenstein's Incel hates the sight of his own face and goes into an obsessive violent rage when he's denied the woman he believes he is entitled to because it would give meaning to his life.

:eyepop:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SaltyJesus
Jun 2, 2011

Arf!
This is the strangest Hugh story to date.

• Locked thread