Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames
I feel like a deep question comes down to inceldom, when does being a piece of poo poo slide into mental illness? Like a good portion of those in the incel community seem to have deep mental illness, but how many are just total hateful dickheads?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames
I think it also doesn't help that there's now this feedback loop of deeply hosed up people affirming each other's worst ideas. I feel like if /r/incels didn't exist or the concept didn't exist a lot of those guys may have not slipped into that cycle of thinking that all women are evil bitches who hate them for not being ~Chads~ and could have maybe found help?

It's tough because they could easily just stew in their own hatred and self loathing but the guys who have legit mental illnesses/depression/anxiety might have sought out help because they didn't have people going "No dude it's those bitches, not you!"

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames
It's pretty fascinating/scary to see how incels have devolved from this 'woe is me, no one loves me!' poo poo to this deep rage at literally every woman on earth. I wonder when/why that shift occurred.

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames

Double Agent posted:

Man, I felt like this should have been obvious: Frankencel

RARRRGH DOCTOR MAKE BRIDE NOT IN PRIME AGE RAAARRRGGGG AM CUCKED ARRRRARGH

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames
The absolute best incel posts are when someone manages to escape that hive of hate and manages to get laid/find a girlfriend and comes back to the community. There's this hilarious outpouring of bile and rage at the ~normie~ and it's almost heartwarming.

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames
I remember one post by a dude who saw a short unattractive man with a good looking woman at a pool and was shocked to his very core that it looked like they were actually having fun and were happy together.

For one single second he was so close to escaping their madness but the community just figured out some bullshit reason why no no no she was totally cheating on the guy

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames
I'm 99.9% sure even if a super hot woman offered to gently caress an incel he'd think of some reason why not. "No no no, she's trying to trap me!/She's not a virgin!/She's probably all used up!/ etc."

univbee posted:

It's been a while, but wasn't this an Elliot Rodger post?

No, I think I know the post you mean, but this one was like from a couple months ago IIRC.

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames
This whole height thing is blowing my mind, I'm average height and I've literally never heard of this weird nightmare world where people under 6 foot 4 are beaten and mocked in the streets.

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames
This is one of the scariest reddit posts every by an incel: https://www.reddit.com/r/quityourbullshit/comments/7aexu8/incel_is_super_concerned_about_catching_rapists/

Basically a dude pretends to be a girl on their legal advice forum and asks how hard it is to catch a rapist.

It's pretty horrifyingly obviously a dude trying to get some tips.

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames
I love this idea that incels were banned for not caving to women when every single loving post is about how they are all worthless scumbags compared to women. They do nothing but mock themselves

Blue Star posted:

Why are there even incels? Like what causes this? Is it just bullying as a kid or what?

Like i dont get why these guys dont just chill out. Maybe work on themselves, i dont know. Maybe lower their standards too. Why be so obsessive and weird? And apparently they want to rape women, what the gently caress???

No I didnt just find out about incels, if thats what youre thinking.

It's been stated before but you gotta realize that incels are actually super loving lazy. They focus on these ~god given curses~ and poo poo like height and poo poo that is unchangeable because they don't wanna put in the work to actually improve themselves.

Seriously look at the graphic on the last page comparing female to male. The entire ethos of incels is that you're curse from birth as a nightmarish ugly piece of trash and everyone else is laughing at you and having fun BUT NOT YOU! Exercise? Eating right? Learning a skill? Interacting with people? Nope, they will make up every single excuse possible to say that won't work.

The rape poo poo and general hatred of women comes from a bunch of those guys self loathing merging together and just becoming toxic. They form this lovely community where they make up these horrifying utopias in their mind where they'd finally get laid.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames
Yeah that legit needs to be reported, that's straight up horrifying.

• Locked thread