Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Benny Harvey
Nov 24, 2012

jizzy sillage posted:

Post a selfie. Also incels have self esteem so far in the negatives that they've started gifting it to Chad.

Nah.

Imagine a fat younger Joshua Jackson and you're not a million miles off.

Fartbox posted:

Are you only approaching really hot women? Because they're usually only interested in really hot men

This is exactly what I'm trying to say.

Pick posted:

THats a nice way f saying a dude needs to get lost because he’s scary

Some of these women had invited me on nights out. And I hadn't made a "move" in case that's what you're thinking.

Coolguye posted:

well, let me put the whole looks thing this way:

if you are not clean, your skin and hair will show this - your skin will be patchy or have acne, your hair will be greasy and unkempt, and you will smell. male or female, this communicates to me that you do not care about own welfare; this is the most basic goddamn thing that anyone can do to ensure they are not going to get diseased or carry disease.

if you do not care about your own welfare, why should I think for an instant you will care about mine?

if you have no pride in yourself, your clothing will show this - it will be dirty, mismatched, fit poorly, and in poor repair. male or female, this communicates to me that you do not care about how people perceive you. unless you are literally in poverty, walmarts and other big box stores have ensured you can get at least one or two outfits that loving fit you. you have chosen, for whatever reason, not to do this. therefore, you probably do not care what people think about you.

if you do not care about how people perceive you, why should I think for an instant that you will listen to a goddamn word I say? what evidence do I have that I can have a conversation with you?

if you have no ambition or drive, your body will show this. You might be fat or a rail - it doesn't matter. male or female, this communicates to me that you cannot be bothered to do something uncomfortable for a payoff - which, like it or not, includes pretty much everything about long term relationships, be they platonic or romantic. they're work. there's rough spots. they require compromise, communication, and pain. but the payoff is substantial.

if you have no drive and no patience, why should I think for an instant that I can deal with you in any sort of long term? what evidence do I have that I can do things with you and have a good result?

these are known as basic social cues and it seems to me like this needs to be spelled out, yet loving again, because this is the internet and we have fat, unwashed morons in week-old anime shirts reading this poo poo. you might argue that none of these things are deterministic cues - and you would be right. i've had plenty of groomed, well dressed, fit people of both sexes screw me over. i've had way more fat, slovenly pigs of both sexes screw me over because i decided i was going to be the enlightened no-judgment overmind in my younger years. surprise, there's a drat reason these perceptions exist. why on earth should i try talking to you when i have evidence that the clean, groomed, fitter person next to you will be a more valuable connection, regardless of how thin that evidence is?

so you can whine and moan and say 'people judge me before they know me' while sniffing the unique brand of funk that comes from your 4-day-dirty crotch and then scratching your pot belly through your naruto shirt, or you can realize that the strict majority of communication is nonverbal, understand that you're saying nothing complementary about yourself, and get working to change that.

neither incels nor benny will do the latter because that requires honest work at self improvement. instead they'll talk about random crap they ostensibly can't fix. literally no matter what collection of 'ugly' features you talk about, NONE of it is even remotely as important as being clean, groomed, and healthy looking, which you can do with 80 bucks at walmart a month, 2 hours in the gym a week, and 20 minutes in the shower a day.

I'm washed and so are my clothes. I'm clean shaven and I get regular haircuts. I am fat but I'm working on it. I've never watched an anime in my life. I don't have acne, my hair isn't greasy and I don't smell.

I don't know why you would assume those things about me unless it's because I don't have the approval of attractive women.

My Linux Rig posted:

ask yourself why you wouldn’t give certain foods or movies or songs or activities a try

or hell, ask yourself why you wouldn’t date certain women

the answer is gonna be the same: preferences and preconceptions.

I'd give pretty much any food, movie or song a try.

Reasons I wouldn't (want to) date certain women:
- looks (once again, all I want is honesty on the subject)
- poor hygiene (not hypocritical as im washed)
- racist

Improbable Lobster posted:

It's really easy to not be desperate for sex. Just don't.

I gave up on getting laid but then that's when people started saying I should get a girlfriend.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Benny Harvey
Nov 24, 2012

Improbable Lobster posted:

Then why does every single thing you post reek of insecurity and desperation?

Anxiety and depression I guess.

Coolguye posted:

huh fair enough, guess the dermatologists i saw in my late teens and early twenties were pre-1950s.

lol count how many times this guy contradicts himself in this one post

i've got 4 from a quick scan

Such as?

noether posted:

the barista sighs heavily before calling the next customer's name.

"benny!"

benny approaches the counter. from a distance, he almost looks normal, but his posture is always off and he tends to lapse into this odd stare that makes both of them uncomfortable. he's a regular customer at the coffee shop, there almost every morning. usually the barista will quietly tap her coworker brad on the shoulder and swap places until he leaves, but brad's sick today, and there aren't any other guys who work this shift. someone's gotta deal with him, and this morning, it looks like it's gonna be her. the she hands over the drink.

"here you go, sir," she says, trying to find a tone of voice that conveys "I'm being polite because I'm at work, but I actually really hate you." she tries this basically every time she has to serve him, but he obviously has trouble understanding subtext.

"thanks," he says, picking the drink off the counter. he pauses briefly. "you look nice this morning, april."

the barista mumbles "uhm. thanks." she tries to edge closer to the barrier between polite but terse and visibly irritated. the next order can't be ready quickly enough so she has an excuse to shoo him away.

"I found these t-shirts that look pretty cool. what do you think?" he says, pulling up some facebook page on his phone and shoving it in her face. the shirts in question have a lot of skulls and weird edgy slogans in metal-band-logo-esque text.

"that's uh, not really my thing," she says, looking around to make sure her boss doesn't notice what's happening and chew her out for talking with customers again or some bullshit. "it looks kind of goofy, I guess"

"oh." benny apparently hadn't considered that response. "uh, well, I was thinking of getting one, and I thought this one looks kind of cool." he flips though a few photos in whatever album.

"ORDER UP!"

the barista breaths a sigh of relief as she turns around to grab the finished drink. she reads the name on the side, smiles a bit and calls it out.

"jess!" she turns back around to see benny holding his phone in her face expectantly again. she ignores him, focusing on the woman approaching the counter.

"here you are, miss," she says, trying to fight off a big goofy grin

"thanks, baby," jess accepts the drink, clearly also ecstatic to see her. she starts walking out of the coffee shop, turning briefly to make a "call me!" gesture.

benny, soured by that interaction, takes his drink and sulks over to an open table to post angrily on the /r/incels thread about how girls never want to talk to him

Actually I've never hit on a barista, barmaid or waitress. I don't hit on any women anymore unless you count online dating.

Benny Harvey
Nov 24, 2012

noether posted:

what's even your point here? that it's easy to rephrase things so they sound nitpicky out of context? body language is a pretty widely understood thing that exists and colors our perception of people. the fixation incels have on arbitrary physical specs isn't really comparable, and not even helpful in the first place. like body language is something that can be understood and improved, while stuff like wrist circumference and cathal tilt is pretty fixed

plus, the whole point of that story was that he makes the staff uncomfortable by hitting on them at work and not being able to read that they're uncomfortable anyway.

I just want to reemphasize that I have never hit on waitresses, barmaids or bariste. This was a story you made up to make a point and is not cannon.

Benny Harvey
Nov 24, 2012

KillerJunglist posted:

I find this annoying because all it requires is that they GO OUTSIDE and maybe find some fun activities near where they live. poo poo, you can look on the internet for interesting places, forest preserves, places to hang out...

Of course this makes the assumption that these people actually find anything fun.

My theory is that most of them are massively depressed and instead of facing that reality (because they're maybe not aware of what depression really is) they choose instead to focus on lamenting not receiving what they perceive to be a panacea which will remain unobtainable to them forever.

Benny Harvey
Nov 24, 2012

Orange Fluffy Sheep posted:

Maybe no one wants to date you because you're so incredibly dense you absorb matter and energy so completely that scientists can only observe you indirectly by observing the bending of gravity on nearby bodies i.e. how everyone is dissapointed in you.

It's hard to love someone who thinks the important part of a breakdown of why people aren't into you is clarifying that you never hit on waitresses, like anyone loving cares jfc.

I felt the need to clarify because I despise being defined and categorised by other people, especially when they don't know me. I hate being called a liar when I'm telling the truth or people putting words into my mouth. It makes me feel violated.

I'm clearly not the smoothest guy but I have enough common courtesy not to annoy people doing their job.

In fact your post demonstrates this. You say no-one wants to date me but I have stated several times already that I have had girlfriends.

Benny Harvey
Nov 24, 2012

I got -6 which means I apparently don't actually repulse women.

Benny Harvey
Nov 24, 2012

Palpek posted:

The actual NLP is way more subtle and confusing to the point that people don't know how to categorize the behavior and go along. Years ago I witnessed somebody at work trying to pull that poo poo on coworkers and mid-sentence I straight up asked what NLP training did he go through. It's the one thing they have no idea what to do about - exposing the method. He went silent and I haven't seen him try it again (he probably did when I wasn't around though). I loving hate people consciously learning it to manipulate others.

What was he trying to achieve?

Benny Harvey
Nov 24, 2012

Fartbox posted:

The war is not yet won

These creatures thrive in a hugbox setting where they can be miserable together. They'll make a new subreddit or make an offsite

Do you really think they could even be bothered making a website?

My guess is they'll go to something with Chan in the name and/or be absorbed into the altright (red white and blackpilled)

Benny Harvey
Nov 24, 2012

My Linux Rig posted:

the backlash from this should be fun to read

Where though?

Benny Harvey
Nov 24, 2012

Ghostlight posted:

It's literally this.

Women are conditioned to be insanely compensatingly polite to men in even the absolute shittiest and most terrifying circumstances because of ~dennis~ The Implication ~dennis~

Well at least I know I'm not scaring women.

Benny Harvey
Nov 24, 2012

Chnrub.

Benny Harvey
Nov 24, 2012

timefly posted:

Aughhhh

Good thing no one cared about my hymen bc I didn't bleed my first time, otherwise I'd probably be dead

I guess they have a rule about protecting identity because gently caress this dude. You can easily kill someone trying to knock them out with benzos. I hope someone can try to report him :/

Showing bloody sheets to the groom's family is a thing for gypsies.

E: lol I say that as if the groom and bride have different families.

Benny Harvey
Nov 24, 2012

DancingShade posted:

I like how the "love potion" is basically just a backyard amateur chemistry date rape drug cocktail probably unknowingly mixed to lethal levels.

Jesus juice

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Benny Harvey
Nov 24, 2012

PetraCore posted:

Jesus, you're racist too?

No

• Locked thread