Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DrPlump
Oct 5, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Probably a lot of you know the subreddit /r/incels and the negative aura surrounding it. However I kinda frequent it. Please don't downvote me immediately, as I don't agree with a lot of stuff I've been reading there, but genuinely need advice.

Firstly, I don't think I'm that attractive, but that is redeemable with working out, better posture, better clothes and what not. However, I generally am awkward and anxious in different situations. In my younger years, I used to think the friendzone was a thing, and generally thought a lot of the stuff people in that subreddit think.

Then I had a girlfriend for a little over 2 years, but we broke up. This however, is not the point of this post. I'll mention that one of the reasons was probably because I am selfish and feeling kind of depressed.

I've been obsessing on getting a girlfriend. Every girl I meet I think of as a potential partner. Often when the girl looks especially attractive I feel really intimidated and am even more awkward than normal.

People say, 'focus on yourself', but I'm not sure how to do that. I think I am already doing this, by working out, going out, having a job, focusing on studies, and sometimes on hobbies, when I have the time. However I can't get out of this mindset, which is essentially objectifying women.

The reason I mentioned /r/incels at the beginning, was because I frequent the subreddit. At the beginning I did this, to remind myself that I'm not one of those people, but now I feel like I'm becoming one of them, but I don't want to!

I want to be able see girls as equals and just as human beings with insecurities, dreams and what not. I want to not be intimidated by people. And I would like to get a girlfriend, although I highly doubt I'm in the right mindset at the moment.

For everyone who read this far, thank you very much. I would appreciate any advice!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DrPlump
Oct 5, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
You guys are only looking at one side of this issue. The CHADS are real and they even have their own section of the reddit website.

https://www.reddit.com/r/TheRedPill/

They are creating sexual monopoly on 97.8% of the USDA Grade C or higher women!

DrPlump
Oct 5, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Best Giraffe posted:

God made man, and Samuel Colt made men equal.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P0NYTnNzd2w

DrPlump
Oct 5, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Pick posted:

This is one of those situations where if you see it unfolding IRL, please step in. There's this new narrative of "oh, don't be a white knight, that's the worst and so pathetic." No, it isn't. If you see someone in trouble, help that person. She handles it bravely but she's clearly terrified and really could have used someone's help, also just to hear she was in the right so she doesn't come out in doubt as to whether this insane person had a point. It's traumatizing for people to be socially condemned for absolutely no reason, very jarring.

Actually there is an even newer narrative of black knighting where they step in to help the guy creep on her or convince her he isn't a creeper.

Harvey Mantaco posted:

There's definitely a way to do it. My wife was talking pretty angrily about something that she was upset about and this guy assumed she was upset at me (which I totally can see why he thought that, she was pretty upset). Did the whole "is this guy bothering you?" thing, but of course had to grab my arm and wouldn't let go through the whole thing. My wife is fairly mousy and panicked a bit and couldn't find her words, which I think made this guy think she was afraid of me. I tried to explain but got a "shut your loving mouth" from him. In any case we had each other just about by the throats when she talked him down. After everything was clear he made some weird comment about how I should "make sure you treat her well man!" Which to fair was an awkward attempt to dissolve the tension but it came off as really condescending.

Real weird situation to be in and pretty jarring. I've felt conflicted about it because if my wife was being harassed I would want someone to step in, but we felt really gross about the whole thing. As gross as it was I'd rather go through that misfire with an over aggressive dickhead a hundred times then not have someone like him there when it mattered.

You got black knighted the CHAD saw a manlet like you with someone out of his league and decided to AMOG you. You broke frame and ultimately lost value in your wifes eyes. He likely slipped her his number and they have been texting since.

DrPlump fucked around with this message at 19:48 on Nov 8, 2017

DrPlump
Oct 5, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Blue Star posted:

Why are there even incels? Like what causes this? Is it just bullying as a kid or what?

Like i dont get why these guys dont just chill out. Maybe work on themselves, i dont know. Maybe lower their standards too. Why be so obsessive and weird? And apparently they want to rape women, what the gently caress???

No I didnt just find out about incels, if thats what youre thinking.

It is just another version of people mad about not living in an idealized past. They are convinced they would get a much better deal in the 1950s when all the CHADs settled down with one woman and never cheated on their wives therefore leaving all the other 14 ladies of their graduating class unspoiled. Since there is only 8 other guys in the graduating class things will magically work themselves out. Now lets go wash down our troubles with a delicious slice of apple pie.

DrPlump
Oct 5, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

ReadingZucchini posted:

I'm not trying to defend miyamoto (and his tendency to use damsels in distress as a plot point) but saying that "cats are like women" is not the same as saying "women are like cats." sure, it may betray some underlying beliefs about the nature of women but those, still, are not equivalent statements.

Men are dogs
Women are cats
Babies are mice

-Mario Mario

DrPlump
Oct 5, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Coolguye posted:

pretty sure there's a moment in paper mario where baby bowser claims that peach is his mother and she basically goes "huh, checks out"

Mario will have to raise the baby.

DrPlump
Oct 5, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Chad Thundercocks my name
pounding pussy is my game

DrPlump
Oct 5, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Hi I'm ummmm Thad im a not going to gently caress your wife like that Chad rear end in a top hat did.

DrPlump
Oct 5, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

vortmax posted:

The original Silk Road and the followup Silk Road 2. SR2 brought over a couple of moderators from SR1 who were secretly government agents.

More recently AlphaBay was taken out by the US government, and the users fled to Hansa, not knowing the Dutch police already controlled the site and was working with the US agents.

So what you are saying is that the war on bad thoughts will work out just as well as the war on drugs.

DrPlump
Oct 5, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

failing forward posted:

And still their knowledge of anatomy is nil. If a woman is bleeding the first time she has sex then her hymen has torn. It will heal. If she is properly lubricated, the hymen shouldn't tear. It's a permanent part of the human body. You don't "lose" your hymen, or anything when you "lose your virginity" except maybe if you gently caress a Chad, and then you lose your mind.

If you gently caress a chad you become an alpha widow always pining over the lost CHAD love you could not convince to commit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DrPlump
Oct 5, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Coolguye posted:

that post was pretty racist homeslice

But not against everyone though only one group.

• Locked thread