Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DickStatkus
Oct 25, 2006

I feel like I'm taking crazy pills because to me this is a bad show that completely squanders the potential of its premise by taking a campy fun and nostalgic thing like GLOW and transfers it into a dank melodramatic world where every character is literally one-note. Not to mention in the writers attempts to shine light on racial stereotyping they created at least two characters who are more tone deafly racist than any real character that was ever on the actual show. Combine that with character arcs to nowhere, uninspired cinematography and direction, flat wrestling action (when it actually happens, for a show about wrestling....) and it feels like every episode is a Netflix series filler episode.

idk... I watched the actual pilot of the 80's show after binging the season and it has more entertainment and personality in the first ten minutes than this had over the entire season. I honestly am baffled because I have only heard and read good things about this show.

DickStatkus fucked around with this message at 22:59 on Jun 26, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread