Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

Binged through 9 episodes yesterday, watched 10 when I got home from work today, now watching the documentary.

Loved the show, GLOW is a really interesting bit of wrestling history that I'm starting to feel embarrassed I'm not really familiar with.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

GobiasIndustries posted:

a straight-up comedy about wrestling would just be mocking wrestling which is a pretty low hurdle to clear

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X6TzBOFVaao

Chikara has you covered, friend.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

Kal-L posted:

That's very interesting. It highlights that the only one who can work as a heel for Debbie is Ruth. Since Debbie's character represents the USA, the superpower with lots of money and strenght, fighting anyone else makes you root for the underdog. The only one who can match her persona/presence is Ruth with her Soviet Union gimmick and personality. Maaaaybe Fortune Cookie, but Jenny doesn't have a personality strong enough to make the audience dislike her as much as the godless communist that mocks all-american values.

Give someone a Nazi gimmick in season 2
book it

• Locked thread