Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
This show came out of nowhere for me and was an incredibly nice surprise. I only saw 80s & earlier wrestling through vhs/dvds and later youtube but I was a huge fan from the early 90s through the late 2000s. You definitely don't need to be a wrestling fan to enjoy the show, though there are definitely plenty of nods to the fans throughout. There's even an episode where they organically explain the appeal of wrestling to people who find it silly.

The pacing was fantastic (even though having shorter episodes means I want more now, damnit) and the show does hilarious, depressing, and and touching all equally well. The main characters were all great (Bash :allears:) and Alison Brie was exceptional (shocker, I know).

Escobarbarian posted:

Ep 5 onwards: Brie's Russian accent is consistently hilarious.

Absolutely, it could have been dumb but it just kept getting better.

Definitely recommend everyone give this one a shot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Panamaniac posted:

Good show.
Everybody loves crack.

That moment in episode 9 where Ruth gives this super heartfelt and 100% honest speech about loving up her life and how wrestling is a better feeling than drugs... and then adds 'crack, specifically' and Bash gives her a tiny thumbs up from the crowd was perfect

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
a straight-up comedy about wrestling would just be mocking wrestling which is a pretty low hurdle to clear

• Locked thread