Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

I feel like the only person who is just not feeling the show. I'm only a few episodes in though. The comparisons to Orange is the New Black make sense on the surface (large ensemble dramedy) but that show went out of their way to make you care about the characters (the flashback stories). I'm hoping it changes as the season progresses but so far I just don't give a poo poo about anyone.

Maron is great in his role. Also I had no idea that was Awesome Kong/Kharma in the show. Pretty cool.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

After not liking the first few episodes the show has grown on me.

On one hand I like the shorter length episodes. Not a lot of filler and makes it easier to binge. On the other hand, I'd love more background on the characters lives. This would be a perfect show for the OitNB/Lost style flashbacks. So many stories that can be told.

Was this show done on a tight budget? Most of the scenes are filled in the gym or hotel. Only 10 episodes and they are shorter.

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

withak posted:

It's not that hard; 80s clothes and hair alone get you 90% of the way there.

Yeah, we underestimate just how terrible hair and fashion was in the 80's.

• Locked thread