Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.

Wrageowrapper posted:

I have only seen the pilot so far and never watched the original show but I have seen the documentary about GLOW that is also on Netflix and I have to ask, are the actors here playing real people or original characters based on real people?

Original characters based on real people.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.

Hakkesshu posted:

Bash is also really good, it's super rare to have that kind of smarmy trust fund kid just be a genuinely nice guy who's really passionate. Even if they do go a bit overboard with the cocaine and eccentric future house just because it's a period piece.

It was really refreshing to have Bash be the guy who tells Sam "no" to his Wrath of Kuntar script and basically be right, as opposed to some clueless producer who doesn't understand the creative mind. Yeah, he's still all in on gimmicks inspired by harmful stereotypes, but that was the 80s for you.

• Locked thread