Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Total recall is on right now (original). drat fine movie, I like that Arnold's punches are so powerful that he can blast blood out of people with just a body blow

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

IFC is showing the Die Hard trilogy tonight at 5PM est :staredog:

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

So do you guys think Quaid was a replicant?

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
For sure dude.

Egbert Souse
Nov 6, 2008

TCM is the best TV channel

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Egbert Souse posted:

TCM is the best TV channel

A lot of movies TCM shows are insanely boring forgettable Hollywood crap but you gotta give em props for showing it 24/7 for the last 20 years. And every august I leave the channel on around the clock for summer under the stars

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Actually I just turned on TCM and there's a long rear end blackface tap dancing number happening and I'm reminded of all the epically racist poo poo they screen and now I also think it's the best channel on TV

Egbert Souse
Nov 6, 2008

In Training posted:

Actually I just turned on TCM and there's a long rear end blackface tap dancing number happening and I'm reminded of all the epically racist poo poo they screen and now I also think it's the best channel on TV

That's probably Swing Time and that's meant to be a tribute to Bill Robinson.

Egbert Souse
Nov 6, 2008

In Training posted:

A lot of movies TCM shows are insanely boring forgettable Hollywood crap but you gotta give em props for showing it 24/7 for the last 20 years. And every august I leave the channel on around the clock for summer under the stars

they have a lot of filler, but they can't air the good stuff 24/7

The other night, they aired a mini-marathon of cult classics consisting of Harold and Maude, Freaks, Eating Raoul, and Pink Floyd: The Wall.

Also, next month, they're showing all but three (actually two - one is lost) of Alfred Hitchcock's films.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The part in die hard where John mcclane calls in a terrorist attack and identifies himself as a New York police officer on an encrypted channel and the LAPD rolls their eyes and says Stop prank calling 911.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

In Training posted:

I used to watch TCM with my grandpa a lot and he always said it was funny how they showed the lovely movies that never got a reshowing all the time

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

TCM is showing Rear Window tonight at 8PM. IFC is showing Dredd at the same time. Torn on what to watch tbh

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

dredd pwned to a surprsing degree but rear window imo

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I ended up watching neither but now I'm watching Bloodsport on Stars

Egbert Souse
Nov 6, 2008

In Training posted:

TCM is showing Rear Window tonight at 8PM. IFC is showing Dredd at the same time. Torn on what to watch tbh

They're showing 44 Hitchcock movies in July on Wednesdays and Fridays. Only skipping seven of his British films and two American films (Under Capricorn and To Catch a Thief).

Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope

Egbert Souse posted:

They're showing 44 Hitchcock movies in July on Wednesdays and Fridays. Only skipping seven of his British films and two American films (Under Capricorn and To Catch a Thief).

Why are they skipping To Catch a Thief? That's, like, quintessential Hitchcock.

Egbert Souse
Nov 6, 2008

Starshark posted:

Why are they skipping To Catch a Thief? That's, like, quintessential Hitchcock.

Probably don't have the broadcast rights at the moment. It's the only Hitchcock film Paramount still owns since he bought back the rights to Rear Window, The Man Who Knew Too Much '56, The Trouble with Harry, and Vertigo in the 60s (since he co-owned them anyways). He also sold the rights to Psycho to Universal for 150K shares of MCA stock.\

(He also bought off the rights to Rope at the same time after it had been sold to United Artists along with the rest of the pre-1950s Warner Bros. movies)

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

thats cool because i was personally just working my way through every hitchcock movie. im up to sabotage, looking forward to seeing the full breadth of his hollywood career.

Egbert Souse
Nov 6, 2008

In Training posted:

thats cool because i was personally just working my way through every hitchcock movie. im up to sabotage, looking forward to seeing the full breadth of his hollywood career.

I've seen all but one of his American films (Under Capricorn), but really behind on his British period. Only have seen The Lodger, Blackmail, The Man Who Knew Too Much, The 39 Steps, Sabotage, Young and Innocent, and The Lady Vanishes.

Blackmail is really good for an early sound movie and I think it was the first British sound feature. Haven't seen the silent version yet, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004

you know korky buchek?
watching Short Circuit 2 starring Michael McKean and Fisher Stevens (in brownface) on Movies! one of the crapass channels than comes in thru my digital tuner antenna

• Locked thread