Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.
So I'm just now to the point where I am exiting some stressful situations in my life and I think this is round about the time for me to start planning a vacation. I live in central Kansas and I'm thinking I'm just about due for a road trip over to Colorado and have a 'return to nature' type trip with no cell phone, no laptop, no internet. Right now my current thought is to take a 4 day trip out to a hot spring resort and set that up as my base camp. Going out hiking / kayaking / whatever during the day and coming back and soaking in a hot spring / sauna in the evening.

As it just so happens, cursory research has told me Colorado has an overwhelming number of hot springs and I need help picking one out. My current thoughts.

-Number of people going: 1, just myself.

-Budget on lodgings: ~200/night is around my upper limit, though I'm willing to flex if there's somewhere exceptionally nice. I'd rather not have to rent out a 2 bedroom cabin or something because of the above though.

-Would like to be reasonably close to a least a handful of local attractions / trails / activities and not stuck 2 hours out in the boonies from anything interesting

-My preferences would be not to be at a 'family friendly' resort that has a bunch of kids around harshing my chill, though if there is a family place that comes highly recommended I would certainly consider it.

-Tentatively this trip is being planned for the end of September, hopefully when it starts cooling down but before the mountains turn into snowy hell.

So can anyone with personal experience give me any suggestions for what to look for?

DeathSandwich fucked around with this message at 18:17 on Jun 23, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread