Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fashionably Great
Jul 10, 2008
I think most of these have lodging attached or nearby.
Steamboat Springs has Strawberry Hot Springs which is a sulphur spring so it does smell, unlike some of the others, but I've heard from family that it was pretty cool.
Near Salida-ish, there's Valley View Hot Springs that I think has some hiking trails in the nature preserve but is pretty isolated. Also a naturist facility so you're probably going to encounter more nudity here than in other places.
Near Ridgway there's Orvis Hot Springs which is the only one I've been to, but I really enjoyed it. There were kids, but they weren't terribly obnoxious when I went. One large pond-like pool, an indoor pool (clothing required), a few smaller pools and a sauna. The place was gorgeous and I wish I had stayed as an overnight guest so I could have soaked at 2am with no one else around. The water was clear and didn't smell, I believe that it's a lithium spring rather than a sulphur. You're like an hour away from Telluride which has a ton of festivals and other stuff to do.

The ones above are either fully clothing optional or clothing optional after dark.

Pagosa Springs has a resort-style springs that is suit required. Also has an adults-only area.
Ouray has a few, but mainly the one that comes to mind is their public-pool type that was recently renovated.

There are also some natural ones that you can hike, Conundrum Hot Springs is one that comes to mind but apparently has an overcrowding problem. This article covers a few more.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread