Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
a false
Mar 5, 2009

I DECIDE
WHO LIVES
AND WHO DIES

straight up brolic posted:

lol the Blues somehow turned Jori Lehtera, Ryan Reaves, and a future protected first into Schenn and Central Scouting's top European Skater. I'm in heaven.

i mean to be fair kostin is a huge question mark who basically lost an entire crucial year of development so i wouldn't get too excited about him based on that, but yeah, that is a catastrophically bad trade for pittsburgh.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

grack
Jan 10, 2012

COACH TOTORO SAY REFEREE CAN BANISH WHISTLE TO LAND OF WIND AND GHOSTS!

Ginette Reno posted:

He sucked in his call-ups this year. I thought he looked alright last year but he really looked terrible in the games he got this season.

Sundqvist could play blindfolded and still be better than Reaves.

a false
Mar 5, 2009

I DECIDE
WHO LIVES
AND WHO DIES
in terms of pure asset valuation that is not only a bad trade but one of the worst trades of all time

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

I'm just a total piece of shit and I'm not sure why I keep posting on this site. Christ, I have spent years with idiots giving me bad advice about online dating and haven't noticed that the thread I'm in selects for people that can't talk to people worth a damn.
well, i got what i wanted out of this draft. anything else is icing

thanks jim benning, i hope you die sooner rather than later

Captain Internet
Apr 20, 2005

:love: HOTLANTA :love:
IS WHERE YOUR HEART IS
Lil info on that Sundquist trade. Pens were absolutely not satisfied with Sundquist and kept talking about needing to get bigger (they don't.) if it was straight up, it would make sense from an organizational standpoint. But maybe they don't see the value in 20 draft positions considering how off the board everyone else is going.

Sundquist wasn't fast enough to be a speed guy, skilled enough to be a playmaking guy, grindy enough for 4th line plug, he was literally just there. Played smaller than he actually was and never really strung together strong shifts.

To Sundquist's credit the organization have been spoiled by call ups for 2 seasons straight, Rust, Sheary, and Khunakle holding down 2015-2016 and this year Guentzel crushing it and then Rowney and Archibald making significant impact with little minutes. I don't doubt Oskar gonna make a pretty good 3rd line guy on a team with less depth at forward but he really does not have a home in Pittsburgh.

Captain Internet fucked around with this message at 04:26 on Jun 24, 2017

grack
Jan 10, 2012

COACH TOTORO SAY REFEREE CAN BANISH WHISTLE TO LAND OF WIND AND GHOSTS!
"Hmm, this player probably doesn't have much of a future in this organization. I know, let's trade him for a truly horrendous player in return, and throw in a 1st round pick to boot!"

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky
this team that won back-to-back stanley cups needs to get bigger

Captain Internet
Apr 20, 2005

IS WHERE YOUR HEART IS

grack posted:

"Hmm, this player probably doesn't have much of a future in this organization. I know, let's trade him for a truly horrendous player in return, and throw in a 1st round pick to boot!"

I didn't say it was a good move but it was a lot less about getting Reaves and a lot more about getting a (fringe at best) NHL forward in return for Sunquist. They probably did not have faith that Quist would fetch anything. The Pens forward depth is such that Reaves is going to take Sesitos press box seat and the Pens will think they improved their team.

Drunk Canuck
Jan 9, 2010

Robots ruin all the fun of a good adventure.

I grade the Leafs first round pick a A- due to this pick at most being only a 2nd pairing kind of guy but wasn't used in a package to steal a good played from a dumb GM as evidenced by some other deals tonight.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
I like Calgary's pick. I'd have preferred Foote but since Tampa grabbed him, Valimaki's a nice selection. Liljegren would have been fine too.

Also glad we avoided Kostin. He might work out but his numbers worry me.

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

I'm just a total piece of shit and I'm not sure why I keep posting on this site. Christ, I have spent years with idiots giving me bad advice about online dating and haven't noticed that the thread I'm in selects for people that can't talk to people worth a damn.
alright benning, next on the block, jesper boqvist

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky
Teams are becoming wise to Frontenacs.

Levitate
Sep 30, 2005

randy newman voice

YOU'VE GOT A LAFRENIÈRE IN ME
Quick trade Holden for picks

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
colorado drafted some fuckin freak with two different color eyes

Levitate
Sep 30, 2005

randy newman voice

YOU'VE GOT A LAFRENIÈRE IN ME

Jamwad Hilder posted:

Poor character pick

Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

Beer Loses more than a game Sunday ...
We lost our Captain, our Teammate, our Friend Kelly Calabro...
Rest in Peace my friend you will be greatly missed..
stab favourite Nic Hague is off to Vegas

Captain Internet
Apr 20, 2005

IS WHERE YOUR HEART IS

Jamwad Hilder posted:

Needs to lose weight, looks a little husky.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Hexy making moves

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

Canucks took Kole Lind. That's twice in a row the team has taken my 2nd choice so okay I guess

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

good pick

lol at the flyers trading for ratcliffe though

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

https://twitter.com/iverke/status/878400321826979842

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

I dont know who this is

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

dang it i wanted him

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

― Corey Dostoyevsky
5'10" 140 pounds???

stab
Feb 12, 2003

To you from failing hands we throw the torch, be yours to hold it high

Hand Knit posted:

stab favourite Nic Hague is off to Vegas

gently caress

Wippersnapper
Nov 1, 2003

Stealing your favourite hockey teams
...in spirit.
Did the Canucks use the first 2 picks to pick smallish guys with offensive upside? This is not what I've come to expect. Let's go for a really big guy next. Big as possible.

Edit: Oh yeah make him an overager too.

Wippersnapper fucked around with this message at 15:39 on Jun 24, 2017

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Hats off to McPhee for at least drafting in this draft well

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Wippersnapper posted:

Did the Canucks use the first 2 picks to pick smallish guys with offensive upside? This is not what I've come to expect. Let's go for a really big guy next. Big as possible.

Edit: Oh yeah make him an overager too.

I feel like they've picked lots of small skill guys over the past decade. The problem is the small guys are bad too.

stab
Feb 12, 2003

Bergy is going to draft 2 d men wih 56 and 58 wont he

techno allah
Sep 29, 2005

FIre Botteril

techno allah
Sep 29, 2005

techno allah posted:

FIre Botteril

Just kidding. Maybe one of these bums who i would not have drafted will prove me wrong...

stab
Feb 12, 2003

stab posted:

Bergy is going to draft 2 d men wih 56 and 58 wont he

A josh brook and a joni ikonen

Who and who

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

Leafs pick a dman from the Fronts, waiting for Hand Knit's reaction

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

There goes Harmonic

Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

Beer Loses more than a game Sunday ...
We lost our Captain, our Teammate, our Friend Kelly Calabro...
Rest in Peace my friend you will be greatly missed..

Koopa Kid posted:

Leafs pick a dman from the Fronts, waiting for Hand Knit's reaction

He's not good. Maybe this is a way to break the curse — pick a player that isn't actually good.

Of course it didn't work with Taylor Dougherty but maybe it just needed more tries.

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

Love the Canucks picks so far drat what is wrong with me?

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

Flyers take a goalie. Eh

Please pick Smirnov

Infidel Castro
Jun 8, 2010

Again and again
Your face reminds me of a bleak future
Despite the absence of hope
I give you this sacrifice

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

Flyers take a goalie. Eh

Please pick Smirnov

We have Stolarz plus two pretty darn good prospects as it is. I don't see Hexy grabbing one this year.

e: Draft tracker says they took on this round. Shows what I know.

Infidel Castro fucked around with this message at 16:27 on Jun 24, 2017

Kilza
Oct 4, 2013

Flyers got Matthew Strome, likely the Jared Staal of the Strome brothers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

Kilza posted:

Flyers got Matthew Strome, likely the Jared Staal of the Strome brothers.

they all look different. ryan looks normalish, d. strome looks like he could have been cast in malcolm in the middle, and this strome looks like he got permanently stung by bees

• Locked thread