Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

A gigantic, somewhat talented but uncoordinated and slow defenseman, and a large goalie with godawful stats on a terrible team are the Leafs' picks after Liljegren. Okay then.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

And a Russian centre basically nobody has seen and wasn't ranked basically anywhere!

Kilza
Oct 4, 2013

eXXon posted:

A gigantic, somewhat talented but uncoordinated and slow defenseman, and a large goalie with godawful stats on a terrible team are the Leafs' picks after Liljegren. Okay then.

Weren't the Leafs picks after Matthews last year not that great either?

stab
Feb 12, 2003

To you from failing hands we throw the torch, be yours to hold it high
Lol devils just drafted a 21 year old goalie because he outplayed Jonas Hiller

Thats a pretty low bar to clear

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

Kilza posted:

Yeah they were terrible. That being said the defender and goalie weren't actually reaches based on most rankings and I've long since stopped caring about whatever strong opinions the usual twitter scouts have after round 2.

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

Kilza posted:

Some of them had pretty good seasons so it's a bit early to say. The next pick (Carl Grundstrom in the late second) did quite well in the SHL and should get plenty of ice time in the AHL next season. Adam Brooks tore up the WHL again but as an overager that was expected. The goalie was a mediocre college starter, but at least he got to play unlike many freshmen.

Precambrian Video Games fucked around with this message at 17:27 on Jun 24, 2017

stab
Feb 12, 2003

And another sebastien aho just got drafted

Jfc is that the name everybody gets in sweden if the parents are late on filling out the birth certificate

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

Leafs just picked another big defender who can't play hockey.

I miss when the Leafs drafted small dudes who could score, gently caress off Lou

Wonderllama
Mar 15, 2003

anyone wanna andreyfuck?
Now, lipanov. That's a hockey name I can get behind.

Wonderllama
Mar 15, 2003

anyone wanna andreyfuck?
Devils drafted a kid born in the same Florida hockey hotbed town I live in.

Wonderllama
Mar 15, 2003

anyone wanna andreyfuck?
I'd like to think I have elbowed him a couple times in beer league when he embarrassed me on the last play but probably not.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

And Smirnov goes to the Avs. That's a good pick

Flyers drafted a 7 year old http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=265290

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
https://mobile.twitter.com/reporterchris/status/878657076318306305

Kilza
Oct 4, 2013

Oilers drafted Skyler Brind'Amour, Rod Brind'Amour's son. Second year in a row they've taken a former NHL's kid, after taking George McPhee's kid last year.

Porrima
Oct 18, 2012

The world is fucked
and so are you.

Thanks, humanity

stab posted:

And another sebastien aho just got drafted

Jfc is that the name everybody gets in sweden if the parents are late on filling out the birth certificate

Just like with Nic/klas Bäckström, one is finnish and one is swedish. Do not mix these two things up on either side of the border.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

oh god please be for Lehtera

Kilza
Oct 4, 2013

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

oh god please be for Lehtera

It was just this:
https://twitter.com/PierreVLeBrun/status/878658501664485378

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

boooooooooo

stab
Feb 12, 2003

The epitomy of doing a solid

Which bergevin uses to draft a goalie

Yeah yeah family bloodlines yada yada

Levitate
Sep 30, 2005

randy newman voice

YOU'VE GOT A LAFRENIÈRE IN ME
Rangers drafted two double over agers

Kilza
Oct 4, 2013

Overall that draft seemed to go alright for the Oilers. I'm happy with most of their picks, with any luck there's a couple of NHLers from the guys we drafted in the 3rd to 7th rounds.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Calgary didn't have a 2nd or 3rd but our 4th rd pick is Adam Ruzicka. 46 pts in 61 GMS, 17 years old. Big kid, 6'4, 4th in OHL rookie in scoring. Played in Bratislava before that.

Also picked a dude named D'ARTANGAN. http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/pdisplay.php?pid=186217

El Gallinero Gros fucked around with this message at 18:58 on Jun 24, 2017

fits
Jan 1, 2008

Love Always,
The Captain
https://twitter.com/TheFlintor/status/878440175323537409

Brodeurs Nanny
Nov 2, 2006

So I've had a busy year and haven't kept up with this year's prospects much.

Can someone tell me about Hischier? Player comparables? Stupid pick over Patrick or smart? What does he project to be?

I've generally heard that while he's no generational talent, he's still really good, like Hall/MacKinon style. Is that accurate?

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky

Brodeurs Nanny posted:

So I've had a busy year and haven't kept up with this year's prospects much.

Can someone tell me about Hischier? Player comparables? Stupid pick over Patrick or smart? What does he project to be?

I've generally heard that while he's no generational talent, he's still really good, like Hall/MacKinon style. Is that accurate?

Dynamic center who plays an extremely cerebral game. Excels at playmaking and can beat defenders with his speed and stick. He's decidedly flashier than Patrick but he plays a strong 200-foot game.

The Datsyuk comparison gets thrown around like candy but there's a lot of Elias in his game too. He's only a half-inch shorter than Patrick but needs to add some bulk.

Production-wise his best comparison is probably draft-year Ehlers.

Brodeurs Nanny
Nov 2, 2006

Wow that's better than I thought. If he turns into Elias I'll be damned happy with that.

A Typical Goon
Feb 25, 2011

corn on the cop posted:

Dynamic center who plays an extremely cerebral game. Excels at playmaking and can beat defenders with his speed and stick. He's decidedly flashier than Patrick but he plays a strong 200-foot game.

The Datsyuk comparison gets thrown around like candy but there's a lot of Elias in his game too. He's only a half-inch shorter than Patrick but needs to add some bulk.

Production-wise his best comparison is probably draft-year Ehlers.

Draft year Ehlers was significantly more productive than Hischier, though he played on a much stronger team.

Hischier and RNH have very similar junior stats. I think that's your best comparable, not Hall or Mackinnon, who were both pretty elite junior players

Brodeurs Nanny
Nov 2, 2006

I meant projected production at the NHL level. It seems like Hisch is a much better all-around player than Hopkins.

A Typical Goon
Feb 25, 2011
I think you're being biased by Nuge's NHL career a little bit, at the time of his draft he was looked at as a very solid all purpose forward that had a knack for playmaking but could do it all. Pretty much the same scouting report as on Hischier

Brodeurs Nanny
Nov 2, 2006

I don't remember that. Hopkins does not play a particularly good 200-foot game to my knowledge so maybe that disappeared at the higher level.

If Hischier winds up being RNH I'll consider that very disappointing for a first overall.

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
gently caress we drafted two Swedes in the 2nd/3rd?

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky

T-Bone posted:

We're due

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

Brodeurs Nanny posted:

I don't remember that. Hopkins does not play a particularly good 200-foot game to my knowledge so maybe that disappeared at the higher level.

If Hischier winds up being RNH I'll consider that very disappointing for a first overall.

RNH is very good defensively.

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Darude - Adam Sandstorm posted:

RNH is very good defensively.

Yeah, but is he good enough to fetch a second painting d-men?

Yaya
Nov 14, 2012

vancloober cablucks
I'll be honest I barely watch any junior league hockey outside of my job in the BCHL so I can't make an opinion on how the Canucks did, but people I know who do watch a poo poo ton of prospects like Ryan Biech are happy with what the Canucks did so I'm happy.

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

I'm just a total piece of shit and I'm not sure why I keep posting on this site. Christ, I have spent years with idiots giving me bad advice about online dating and haven't noticed that the thread I'm in selects for people that can't talk to people worth a damn.

T-Bone posted:

boqvist is really good. pure offensive skill to the point where even the analytics guys are like "ya his flaw is he gives no shits about defence"

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

Fire Ken Holland forever

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

JoelJoel posted:

Yeah, but is he good enough to fetch a second painting d-men?

Not if Chiarelli can help it

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Chicago drafted a kid named Parker Foo and I really super hope he turns out to be an NHL player because that will be the best chant in every arena.

Are they saying Boo or Foo? :iiam:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Furnaceface posted:

Chicago drafted a kid named Parker Foo and I really super hope he turns out to be an NHL player because that will be the best chant in every arena.

Are they saying Boo or Foo? :iiam:

I was saying Foo-urns

• Locked thread