Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

a_gelatinous_cube
Feb 13, 2005

I think Byran's brother did all the audio and technical stuff on Street Fight and Brett handled the finanaces and business stuff while Bryan was the content machine. I like the guy, but after following him for so long I have doubts on his ability of buckling down and figuring out all this stuff on his own without having a complete melt down. Even smaller podcasts usually have a producer of some sort to hammer this stuff out. Has he done any weekly Street Fight replacement type shows yet?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kenning
Jan 11, 2009

I really want to post goatse. Instead I only have these🍄.

He did an I'm Sorry episode on the Patreon feed that was funny and sounded good, it was his first podcast back from vacation I think. His Patreon is up to around $8k/mo, whereas Street Fight was $11k/mo before the brand split, so he's not in bad shape overall. Looking forward to hearing his new shows and getting a sense for what he's gonna do.

bartok
May 10, 2006

Bryan definitely needs a Producer Dan

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
WHY ARE YOU STILL SMILING
Bryan has announced his plans going forward now that his "vacation" is over. Quoting here since for some reason he made this a patrons-only update instead of public:

quote:

So, the first thing I want to say is that this Patreon has already surpassed even my most optimistic projections and I check it every day and it is so gratifying.

Last year was one of the hardest years of my life. I didn’t know where I stood until I launched this Patreon. It seems impossible that I’m not going to be paycheck to paycheck for the first time in my life. I want you all to know that I appreciate the fact that you signed up not knowing what to expect and I’m so reinvigorated to give you good stuff over here.

I did not come here to kiss your asses (but I will if you want me to) I came to tell you my plans for the future

I know that I have been putting new content up on Mondays and Fridays but the Monday shows were just things I had in the can for my vacation. Well I’m done with that stuff now but I’m gonna give you archival stuff tomorrow

Here is what I think the future looks like:

Sunday night streams: I’ll be taking calls and doing streams on Sunday nights at twitch.tv/murderbryan, the current plan is that I will be reading some of the flubheads delight tier things. Me and Tom are going to be doing a Holy Boyz stream every other week so you’ll be able to call us and suggest stuff to watch or just participate in the stream. I will get the audio on this podcast feed.

The free show is called “Guys” and it is a podcast about guys. My hope is that I get those out on Wednesdays, I’ll have the link here. Basically the show is about different guys and types of guys. The first 3 episodes are gonna be

Nasty horny guys with Mike Hale and Chris James

Classic Rock Guys with Chris Wade

Karate guys with Jon Gabrus

Feel free to suggest guys!

On Fridays I’ll still be doing the series. The next 3 are Butt Fest (new episode) shocktober (new episode) and Holy Boyz (new episode) after that it will be Welcome To My Ted Talk where me and a different guest watch a half hour of Ted and Ted 2 and review it. The guests that want to do the Ted show are really fun

So, that’s what the future looks like as of now. I’m planning to get the Sunday night stream rolling when I get paid because I have to put the thing together and it’s gonna cost money

I cannot explain how good you have all made me feel and I won’t let you down!!

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?
Karate Guys with John Gabrus is already enshrined in my mind as a classic in the pantheon of Recordings Of Dudes Riffing.

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

Bryan came on my show to review the unaired pilot for a Clerks tv show. I don't really like posting my own poo poo on here but

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cHg7C93Sa0o

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

rss for Bryan's new free show, Guys https://feeds.libsyn.com/458346/rss

Kenning
Jan 11, 2009

Gotta say, first episode of Guys was incredibly funny.

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

Kenning posted:

Gotta say, first episode of Guys was incredibly funny.
I really enjored it

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

I don't think I've ever laughed harder at a podcast in my life, the spontaneous Greaseman impersonation at 26 minutes in put me on the floor

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010
had some good laughs at the end when they talked about the guy who went on a "the customer is always right" rant in regards to a swingers club in ohio

Johnny Landmine
Aug 2, 2004

PURE FUCKING AINOGEDDON
this mf said enjored

Malaria
Oct 21, 2017

I got kinda sad the other day when I saw the Street Fight youtube channel is all Brett related stuff now.

He must have gotten the channel in the divorce. I don't have Twitter anymore. How is Brett doing these days ?

a_gelatinous_cube
Feb 13, 2005

I was a little skeptical on Bryan's solo show, but that first episode was great and I always enjoy when Chris James is co-hosting.

Chakan
Mar 30, 2011

Malaria posted:

He must have gotten the channel in the divorce. I don't have Twitter anymore. How is Brett doing these days ?

He has a patreon, and is doing shows, I think infrequently but I haven’t had a chance to really pay attention because I’ve been real busy. He posts about buying and selling shoes and stuff from thrift stores to ebay. I get the impression that he’s doing OK, but he’s trying to be more positive on social media because he doesn’t want to drive people away. He has a lady friend and they’re cute together.

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010

a_gelatinous_cube posted:

I was a little skeptical on Bryan's solo show, but that first episode was great and I always enjoy when Chris James is co-hosting.

Its pretty clear from the last few years of shows and extras that he's losing interest in being and just wants to find dumb poo poo to make fun of.

a_gelatinous_cube
Feb 13, 2005

I'm having a really hard time wrapping my mind around guy who devotes his entire persona to the most generic classic rock ever and hasn't heard a single Joy Division song in the last 35 years.

bartok
May 10, 2006

I'm having a really hard time wrapping my mind around guy who devotes his entire persona to the most generic classic rock ever and hasn't heard a single Joy Division song in the last 35 years.

Pretty funny most of these classic rock dudes just like the poo poo that played on the radio when they were teens. Thank God my taste in music evolved past Pimp Rock.

beepo
Oct 8, 2000
Forum Veteran

I remember when I got first Napster and downloaded like 200(!) whole songs and felt like I had all the music I will ever need. I was also a child.

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010

there's a certain breed of dumb guy you see with music, movies, or any other art form when they consider themselves a big fan of a genre but are also deeply uncurious so they have their pantheon of stuff they discovered at age 16 and that stuff is the greatest of all time by default

bartok
May 10, 2006

little munchkin posted:

there's a certain breed of dumb guy you see with music, movies, or any other art form when they consider themselves a big fan of a genre but are also deeply uncurious so they have their pantheon of stuff they discovered at age 16 and that stuff is the greatest of all time by default

I immediately thought of horror movie guys. You could do an entire episode just reading negative reviews for Skinamarink.

Boco_T
Mar 12, 2003

la calaca tilica y flaca
Here's my thread that Bryan reads from on the show today
https://twitter.com/Boco_T/status/1602366438425202695

bartok
May 10, 2006

Dying at the phrase "Neo Geo rich".

killhamster
Apr 15, 2004

SCAMMER

bartok posted:

Dying at the phrase "Neo Geo rich".

i knew a kid who was neo geo rich. it was definitely a thing back then. little fucker also had all the best handheld games and CDs too

Cached Money
Apr 11, 2010

Boco_T posted:

Here's my thread that Bryan reads from on the show today
https://twitter.com/Boco_T/status/1602366438425202695

Fantastic thread

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

Karate Guys was so good it reminded me I had the episode of Gabrus's show High and Mighty with Bryan from a while ago in my queue but hadn't listened yet and it's fantastic. Subject line is Bryan comes on to discuss shock jocks and they do but it quickly turns into him and Gabrus just swapping stories of being delinquent kids. It's fantastic, strong recommend.

TheMightyBoops
Nov 1, 2016

Clicked on this thread at random and now I finally know why my SF feeds stopped posting.

At least I have a little backlog of the new Brian show.

Previa_fun
Nov 10, 2004

Guys is extremely good

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010
:siren: Bryan just said he and Chris just did a recording with the Doughboys, they talked about hot sauce but I missed whose show it was an episode for.

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010
he's on twitch rn reviewing an episode of a tv show where mancow shows off his insane memorabilia collection. he claims to own a handwritten letter written by albert einstein worth $75,000 dollars

Literally
Jul 2, 2009

Hot sauce guys episode coming up soon.

Kenning
Jan 11, 2009

From the Minion Death Cult group on Facebook:

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
WHY ARE YOU STILL SMILING
I love that the Bryan extended universe has just become "find the most absurd thing we can link to the actual researched topics and go ham". The Holy Boyz stream had me dying by the time of "these guys all have CTE for the Lord"

TheMightyBoops
Nov 1, 2016

I used mentioned in another thread that if Bryan pivoted to non political stuff and did all Shocktober sort of stuff it would be way better than SF, and I stand by it, all the new stuff is really good.

bartok
May 10, 2006

TheMightyBoops posted:

I used mentioned in another thread that if Bryan pivoted to non political stuff and did all Shocktober sort of stuff it would be way better than SF, and I stand by it, all the new stuff is really good.

I'll miss Street Fight Radio especially the call-in show but Guys has been amazing so far.

Cached Money
Apr 11, 2010

bartok posted:

I'll miss Street Fight Radio especially the call-in show but Guys has been amazing so far.

of anything about the old show, I miss the call-in show the least.

Previa_fun
Nov 10, 2004

Cached Money posted:

RIP weed waffles

Sir Plus
Jan 16, 2008

Ain't easy looking this eggstraordinary.

Cached Money posted:

yeah i don't miss skipping the 20 minute hank phone call of the week where he makes very clear he needs a therapist

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
I liked short job or Dare stories. It was cool hearing a lot of different stories before it became the Hank and Bear show (Bear was a lot more interesting however)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a_gelatinous_cube
Feb 13, 2005

Brett going super aggro during covid and basically scaring all the callers away put it in that situation, which sucks because I used to like it a lot too for it's late night AM radio vibe that I could just put on at work.