Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

I've actually been with her for 20...fuckin' long years

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a_gelatinous_cube
Feb 13, 2005

I've followed a couple of random metal detecting channels on youtube over the years, and there is definitely the same drama there as any other community. It's great seeing a 60 year old guy make a youtube callout vid poo poo talking another 60 year old guy over some metal detector sponsorships or whatever.

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

"metal-somnia" jfc

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗
Has anyone actually listened to Brett's new show? I went ahead and split my patreon bucks between the two just because it seemed like he was still in a rough spot, but haven't had the stomach to listen to it, since he was clearly still in the middle of a mental health issue when he came back and told his story last year.

I'm also in the 'street fight was my work trip listening' group so mostly was always a few months behind in listening and especially fell behind in 2020-2022. I'm glad Bryan at least has fallen into a decent groove for work.

Chakan
Mar 30, 2011
No I haven’t, I’m sure it’s fine but overcast has been busted for me and won’t download stuff after early february so I’ve been hit-or-miss on listening to anything.

Tezer
Jul 9, 2001

I listened to two of the early ones, they were grim. Structureless, with the guest gamely trying to keep the conversation moving all by themselves. I hope they've gotten better, but I'm not going to find out.

bartok
May 10, 2006

The Loss Prevention Guys episode is a must listen.

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010
kcco

blunt for century
Jul 4, 2008

I've got a bone to pick.

The Chive episode was weirdly depressing. The content was funny, but ugh

bewbies

Previa_fun
Nov 10, 2004

blunt for century posted:

The Chive episode was weirdly depressing. The content was funny, but ugh

bewbies

Worse than the greaseman

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
The use of Chris Farley was especially annoying.

Cached Money
Apr 11, 2010

Previa_fun posted:

Worse than the greaseman

Nothing is worse than the greaseman

TheMightyBoops
Nov 1, 2016

So is the chive actually minting coins? That part confused me.

Like physical coins?

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
WHY ARE YOU STILL SMILING

TheMightyBoops posted:

So is the chive actually minting coins? That part confused me.

Like physical coins?

Oh yeah.

See how many you can get through without wincing.

TheMightyBoops
Nov 1, 2016

secretly best girl posted:

Oh yeah.

See how many you can get through without wincing.

gently caress dude, I can get a Kevin Smith challenge coin.

bartok
May 10, 2006

They have a bootleg looking Dickbutt in a tuxedo coin.

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
I live abroad so I never heard of this Chive before the podcast, where they have a 3500$ Beverly Hills Ninja coin. What the loving gently caress.

TheMightyBoops
Nov 1, 2016

hadji murad posted:

I live abroad so I never heard of this Chive before the podcast, where they have a 3500$ Beverly Hills Ninja coin. What the loving gently caress.

I always think of the chive like those fake stories at the end of news sites but for Cracked.com. It was easiest to actually come across in like 2010 or 11. Now I’d say it’s far under Fark for name recognition.

bartok
May 10, 2006

Dying at Bryan revealing he would enjoy an ice cold Jello shot after work.

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010

bartok posted:

Dying at Bryan revealing he would enjoy an ice cold Jello shot after work.

lol also going to parties at his in-laws house but bringing jello shots for himself because he wouldn't like the taste of anything they had

Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

Beer Loses more than a game Sunday ...
We lost our Captain, our Teammate, our Friend Kelly Calabro...
Rest in Peace my friend you will be greatly missed..
Hello all. I made a feedback thread for RGD. Since this sub might be full of people who live in their bookmarks, I am linking it in here too. Come tell me about RGD.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Tomorrow's episode of Guys features the debut of a new character they've been hinting out on Guys+ for a few weeks and he's incredible.

bartok
May 10, 2006

MassRafTer posted:

Tomorrow's episode of Guys features the debut of a new character they've been hinting out on Guys+ for a few weeks and he's incredible.

fintastic episode

Chakan
Mar 30, 2011
Getting caught up on stuff while I take care of busy work and I'm right at the end of the Guys episode about Erowid. The part where Bryan says "The official stance of Guys, a podcast about guys, is that huffing Glade fixes your pink eye" and you can hear Jesse and Chris saying "no, you can't say that. I don't endorse that" over him. So good.

Kenning
Jan 11, 2009

I really want to post goatse. Instead I only have these🍄.

Chakan posted:

Getting caught up on stuff while I take care of busy work and I'm right at the end of the Guys episode about Erowid. The part where Bryan says "The official stance of Guys, a podcast about guys, is that huffing Glade fixes your pink eye" and you can hear Jesse and Chris saying "no, you can't say that. I don't endorse that" over him. So good.

This post made me finally get my wife to listen to Guys and she was dying during Erowid Guys. Sex Guys has also been great, and I can't wait to listen to Sales Guys with her too. Guys: Not Just A Podcast For Guys.

I can't believe David the Shark is real.

a_gelatinous_cube
Feb 13, 2005

I went to Bryan and Chris' last twitch stream and saw that Bryan added the ability for someone to pay 15 dollars to play the Greaseman Tunafish song at insanely loud volume and immediately got the gently caress out of there.

bartok
May 10, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oUe48-NgszM

killhamster
Apr 15, 2004

SCAMMER
Monster flub on the EDC episode, I think they fixed it but I still had the original downloaded. Bryan has to totally restart the show about five minutes in. :yeshaha:

Ramrod Hotshot
May 30, 2003

I listened to the entire chive episode and relistened to the beginning of it and I still don't really know what "the chive" is

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

Ramrod Hotshot posted:

I listened to the entire chive episode and relistened to the beginning of it and I still don't really know what "the chive" is
Humor web site/app (mostly slideshows of aggregated memes, it looks like) whose users congealed into a dumb little subculture. Honestly, Something Awful is not a bad comparison just as far as the type of phenomenon.

bartok
May 10, 2006

Ramrod Hotshot posted:

I was at a restaurant last weekend that had Chive TV on one of the TVs. The sound was muted but from what I could tell it was just fail video compilations, Go Pro filmed extreme sports clips, and of course women in bikinis. It did not make me stay longer.

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
This new episode of Guys sounds awesome. Love the guests.

Kenning
Jan 11, 2009

Listening to the South Park Guys episode and having flashbacks to high school when kids would talk about South Park characters like they were real people with real lives and being weirded out about it. It only happened with South Park, people didn't talk about Goku like that or whatever.

e: loving South Park apologia like a bunch of medieval Irish monks writing an exegesis on the Sermon on the Mount.

Kenning fucked around with this message at 20:25 on Jun 14, 2023

blunt for century
Jul 4, 2008

I've got a bone to pick.

Kenning posted:

Listening to the South Park Guys episode and having flashbacks to high school when kids would talk about South Park characters like they were real people with real lives and being weirded out about it. It only happened with South Park, people didn't talk about Goku like that or whatever.

e: loving South Park apologia like a bunch of medieval Irish monks writing an exegesis on the Sermon on the Mount.

I had a friend in middle/high school who got his voice stuck as Cartman's, from doing a Cartman impression all. the. time. I stopped hanging out with that friend group in about 10th grade, and didn't think about South Park til I'd started a new job in 2019 and one of my coworkers asked "Oh hey, did you see the new South Park last night?" and I was genuinely shocked it was still being made. I replied something like "Nah, I hadn't watched South Park since early high school, I think I grew out of it." and he said "Aw man, you gotta get back on it, it's basically the best show ever made. Easily my favorite show, but Rick and Morty is climbing the ranks fast." It took my entire willpower to not say "Aren't you in your mid forties? Don't you have a kid who's nearly an adult?"

matureaudiencesonly
May 6, 2009

i literally just broke up with a guy who would hang out with his buddies from highschool and quote south park at each other and use cartman voice to call each other the f slur and laugh like it was the height of comedy

so i guess i gotta listen to this guys episode, and uh, update the OP probably

edit: in case it isnt clear, im saying a man in his mid-30s and his mid-30s friends in the present day speak in south park memes to each other, but specifically the ones that are hateful like the episode where they say that calling people gay isn't on hating on actual gay people or whatever

matureaudiencesonly fucked around with this message at 18:43 on Jun 16, 2023

bartok
May 10, 2006

I think South Park has some genuinely funny episodes that still hold up. That said it's usually the episodes that manage to stay fairly apolitical and have the kids act like kids instead of mouth pieces for Matt and Trey's millionaire libertarian beliefs. I also haven't seen an episode of South Park since the one where Cartman dresses up as a superhero and named himself after a racial slur and thought what the gently caress am I doing watching this poo poo.

I am looking forward to this week's episode on "Horror Guys" because I definitely was a horror guy in my 20s. I still love horror movies but I'm not an rear end in a top hat about it online.

bartok fucked around with this message at 16:06 on Jun 19, 2023

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016
The two South Park games were neat in a "paper mario with 600% more toilet humor" way

Boco_T
Mar 12, 2003

la calaca tilica y flaca
peer pressure continues to work https://twitter.com/murderxbryan/status/1673043047066607617

Kenning
Jan 11, 2009

I feel like we should start a new thread for Guys: A Podcast About Guys. The bit on the Patreon where the cop was live reviewing a Supercuts in the parking lot at 8 pm was golden.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kenning
Jan 11, 2009

I made a thread for Guys, so let's post over there about Guys.