Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
WHY ARE YOU STILL SMILING
Having seen them at Che Cafe with Minion Death Cult tonight - excellent live show and the guys have a great energy on stage.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
I love Bryan's glee every time they switch to new Stern and everyone else begins to despair.

The clips are unlistenable, but the roast is real good.

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF

Kenning posted:

This wasn't quite as much of a "nail biting, heavy breathing" experience as the Greaseman, but was probably the funniest Shocktober episode. Mancow interviewing Milo was some of the funniest audio I've ever heard. You could also tell how utterly delighted Bryan was with every clip he played.

I'm so glad we ended on this one. Nothing has made me laugh harder in this entire series than "I was the last person to speak to Ursula K. LeGuin" and everything that followed.

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF

Chakan posted:

SF was a gym podcast for me so I haven’t listened in a long time, what happened recently?

Brett got a divorce, currently has Covid, and the year is breaking the man this close to the finish line in a way that's beginning to bleed into the pods in a "is this a cry for help" fashion

Guess we'll see what tonight's show looks like

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF

Boco_T posted:

I thought 12/19 was the last new show of the year, I think they might be posting tape for the next 3 or 4 weeks

I thought it kicked in next week but I could absolutely see going dark early what with omicron from eating rear end

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
Well, I guess someone talked to him

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
Whoops. I saw it said "unlocked" and thought it was publicly viewable. Would have pasted if I knew.

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
I like how for ages I thought "Brett is the straight man of this pair" and then he drops "Yeah I'd just microdose cocaine one or two times a month to get all my poo poo done"

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
On the one hand I'm disappointed because I was planning to send in some Loveline-rear end questions

On the other Holy Boyz rules

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
What I'm learning this past year of SFR is if Bryan finds music-related clips on a non-music miniseries, I'm gonna suck up into my own rear end in a top hat I'm cringing so hard. Thanks, pastor Young!

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
That was the EXACT moment I had just reached when posting that and if I wasn't at my desk I probably would have wailed similarly

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
I think the biggest question for me is... What in the world does an all-Brett project look like, especially the current most divorced man alive era Brett?

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
So I guess Brett is recording his first new show this Sunday, he's got a somewhat-rambling video explaining it linked off his new Patreon over here.

Good... good luck, my man? I hope? I'm wincing listening to this.

edit: I guess I may as well link the Patreon itself for anyone who wants to keep tabs since the video has no identifiable markings that'd lead back to it

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
...oh the posts on there paint a bit of a story already.

quote:

AN HOUR AGO
Uhh, this is weird

Hey everyone, I’m starting over again, i will be migrating all of the holy boyz, Shocktober, Butt Fest 2000, and I’m sorry as the month goes on. This is where I post. All alone, it’s just me now, but you will get the same old poo poo and new poo poo. It’s the Murder Bryan show now because I can’t think of a new name

16 MINUTES AGO
Pardon my Dust
I’m going to be working on getting all of the Holy Boyz, Shocktobers, Butt Fests, I’m Sorry and Gut Shot over here. This all happened fast and I’m working it out

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF

bartok posted:

I am really enjoying the "Now We're Cooking" series especially the Tourgasm episode he did with Kath Barbadora.

I love that the very first new content he posts to this Patreon is a flub with that intro.

Jack Bandit posted:

I don’t follow super close but did anything come from their Means TV show?

Obviously now it probably isn’t but I didn’t know if it came out and I just missed it.

I want to say somewhere in the past few days it was mentioned that that's still on the release schedule, because it came up in terms of how awkward the show is gonna be with hindsight.

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF

hadji murad posted:

When is the best time to change Patreons without getting charged twice?

Depends on how both creators have them set up, at this point. Bryan's seems to be using the same "charge on the first for the past month" model as SFR's, so probably end of month/1st since you're gonna eat one from SFR this month already?

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
Bryan has announced his plans going forward now that his "vacation" is over. Quoting here since for some reason he made this a patrons-only update instead of public:

quote:

So, the first thing I want to say is that this Patreon has already surpassed even my most optimistic projections and I check it every day and it is so gratifying.

Last year was one of the hardest years of my life. I didn’t know where I stood until I launched this Patreon. It seems impossible that I’m not going to be paycheck to paycheck for the first time in my life. I want you all to know that I appreciate the fact that you signed up not knowing what to expect and I’m so reinvigorated to give you good stuff over here.

I did not come here to kiss your asses (but I will if you want me to) I came to tell you my plans for the future

I know that I have been putting new content up on Mondays and Fridays but the Monday shows were just things I had in the can for my vacation. Well I’m done with that stuff now but I’m gonna give you archival stuff tomorrow

Here is what I think the future looks like:

Sunday night streams: I’ll be taking calls and doing streams on Sunday nights at twitch.tv/murderbryan, the current plan is that I will be reading some of the flubheads delight tier things. Me and Tom are going to be doing a Holy Boyz stream every other week so you’ll be able to call us and suggest stuff to watch or just participate in the stream. I will get the audio on this podcast feed.

The free show is called “Guys” and it is a podcast about guys. My hope is that I get those out on Wednesdays, I’ll have the link here. Basically the show is about different guys and types of guys. The first 3 episodes are gonna be

Nasty horny guys with Mike Hale and Chris James

Classic Rock Guys with Chris Wade

Karate guys with Jon Gabrus

Feel free to suggest guys!

On Fridays I’ll still be doing the series. The next 3 are Butt Fest (new episode) shocktober (new episode) and Holy Boyz (new episode) after that it will be Welcome To My Ted Talk where me and a different guest watch a half hour of Ted and Ted 2 and review it. The guests that want to do the Ted show are really fun

So, that’s what the future looks like as of now. I’m planning to get the Sunday night stream rolling when I get paid because I have to put the thing together and it’s gonna cost money

I cannot explain how good you have all made me feel and I won’t let you down!!

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
I love that the Bryan extended universe has just become "find the most absurd thing we can link to the actual researched topics and go ham". The Holy Boyz stream had me dying by the time of "these guys all have CTE for the Lord"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF

TheMightyBoops posted:

So is the chive actually minting coins? That part confused me.

Like physical coins?

Oh yeah.

See how many you can get through without wincing.