Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Johnny Landmine
Aug 2, 2004

PURE FUCKING AINOGEDDON
Hi Street Fight thread

Did anybody else see that facebook comment, think "wait, there's an SA Street Fight thread??" and immediately go looking for it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Johnny Landmine
Aug 2, 2004

PURE FUCKING AINOGEDDON
Yeah I like Certain Other Lefty Podcasts as well of course but it's nice to have our sweet boys out there doing one that doesn't have course prerequisites in Irrelevant Pundits and/or The Extremely Online Left

Johnny Landmine
Aug 2, 2004

PURE FUCKING AINOGEDDON
Thanks for reminding me I've had that one downloaded for a couple days. It feels like an appropriate thing to listen to while I've been called in to work on a holiday even though there's not really anything to do

Johnny Landmine
Aug 2, 2004

PURE FUCKING AINOGEDDON
"Alfredo sauce, which to me is the worst part of this."

Johnny Landmine
Aug 2, 2004

PURE FUCKING AINOGEDDON
There's not too much to sum up - just "I'm sorry, things have been rough for me and it's been affecting the show, I'm sorry if I've let you down and I'm trying to get professional help about all this."

Johnny Landmine
Aug 2, 2004

PURE FUCKING AINOGEDDON

Boco_T posted:

It's weird to me that this got so blown up, do people not distinguish between on-air Brett Pain and Murder Bryan and their off-air versions? I heard it as 5 minutes of a 2 hour show of him doing a "tired of Covid because I got it" id character that didn't necessarily fully represent his actual feelings.

Honestly I thought it was overblown even taking it as his actual feelings, since I thought it was pretty clear it was coming from a place of extremely understandable frustration more than anything else.

Johnny Landmine
Aug 2, 2004

PURE FUCKING AINOGEDDON
Yeah, I was really glad to see Brett tweeting this himself...

https://twitter.com/BrettPain/status/1561507491988611073

...because for all its positivity, the Friday episode is still a really hard listen. I hope Brett feels better and finds his peace and contentment but I dunno if this particular road is one I can follow Street Fight down

Johnny Landmine
Aug 2, 2004

PURE FUCKING AINOGEDDON
e: nevermind, don't actually want to have this conversation, carry on

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Johnny Landmine
Aug 2, 2004

PURE FUCKING AINOGEDDON
this mf said enjored