Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bartok
May 10, 2006

I haven't bothered listening to it because it seemed like it would be bad. I am however enjoying the Get Motivated series and can't wait for the Suze Orman episode to drop.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bartok
May 10, 2006

I still got that drat tuna fish song stuck in my head.

bartok
May 10, 2006

I was not prepared for modern Howard Stern.

bartok
May 10, 2006

Greaseman came close but goddamn that loving Mancow episode was insane. Mancow is still the King of Shocktober. Plus the karmic justice of Milo being reduced to being talked over and ignored by a hopped up Mancow had me smiling all day.

bartok
May 10, 2006

The episode they just put out with Mike and Jesse from YKS is a must listen. Dying over Mike and Jesse giving Bryan poo poo for subscribing to Epix and Starz.

bartok
May 10, 2006

Chakan posted:

lmao, he's so great.

he lives the gimmick

bartok
May 10, 2006

Cloks posted:

once i was pulling into my apartment complex and my wife made me stop the car because she thought she saw Bryan and wanted to wave to him

it was Bryan

Surprisingly haven't seen Bryan out and about but I have seen Brett twice, once while he was on roller blades.

bartok
May 10, 2006

Bryan paying for Epix will always make me laugh. At least he finally cancelld Starz and Disney+.

bartok
May 10, 2006

Going by Brett's recent tweets, I haven't listened to the new episode yet, seems like he came back a little too soon. It's not as troubling as it was before he went to the hospital but it still has me a little concerned.
Wish the best for Brett I remember my friends and I had fun conversation with him before a live show about Hannibal Buress being a landlord and old podcasts like Red Bar Radio and Nobody Likes Onions.

bartok fucked around with this message at 18:32 on Aug 18, 2022

bartok
May 10, 2006

I'm excited Bryan is covering Bob & Tom for Shocktober. My dad would make me listen to them on the way to school. Lots of terrible parody songs and they'd do that thing where they would bring on a comedian and ask them leading questions that segued to them doing one of their bits. Surprisingly they'd get comedians like Mike Birbiglia, Brian Posehn, and the Sklar Brothers alongside your typical blue collar comedians.

bartok
May 10, 2006

Jeff Dunham is a frequent guest on Bob & Tom and his bits are so much more racist when he isn't holding the dummies. We all know about Achmed the Dead Terrorist but it's got nothing on the Sweet Daddy Dee voice. Verbal blackface is the only way I can describe it.

bartok
May 10, 2006

matureaudiencesonly posted:

oooo man. he says he doesn't feel miserable anymore, so im happy for him in that regard, but yea this does not sound like the confessional of a person whose mental state is firmly rooted in reality :(

my friend has been continuing to listen to street fight post-schism and he says it's less politics and more like bathroom humor stuff. is this other people's impression too?

it's really guest dependent

bartok
May 10, 2006

I forgot what a disgusting vile person Tom Leykis is inside and out. It was a hilarious episode but also a very uncomfortable listen especially that clip with the caller complaining about his wife wanting him to leave his band. I think at one point he talks about knocking some sense into his wife. I wish I could go back to the days when I thought Leykis was a character James Adomian created for Comedy Bang! Bang!.

Can't wait for the Bob & Tom episode next week and I'm glad the special guest is going to be Mike Hale.

bartok
May 10, 2006

The yearly Mancow Shocktober episode never disappoints.

bartok
May 10, 2006

I guess the split wasn't so amicable after all. Not to be a total downer I am really enjoying the "Now We're Cooking" series especially the Tourgasm episode he did with Kath Barbadora.

https://twitter.com/murderxbryan/status/1611460297503416326?s=20

bartok
May 10, 2006

Bryan definitely needs a Producer Dan

bartok
May 10, 2006

a_gelatinous_cube posted:

I'm having a really hard time wrapping my mind around guy who devotes his entire persona to the most generic classic rock ever and hasn't heard a single Joy Division song in the last 35 years.

Pretty funny most of these classic rock dudes just like the poo poo that played on the radio when they were teens. Thank God my taste in music evolved past Pimp Rock.

bartok
May 10, 2006

little munchkin posted:

there's a certain breed of dumb guy you see with music, movies, or any other art form when they consider themselves a big fan of a genre but are also deeply uncurious so they have their pantheon of stuff they discovered at age 16 and that stuff is the greatest of all time by default

I immediately thought of horror movie guys. You could do an entire episode just reading negative reviews for Skinamarink.

bartok
May 10, 2006

Dying at the phrase "Neo Geo rich".

bartok
May 10, 2006

TheMightyBoops posted:

I used mentioned in another thread that if Bryan pivoted to non political stuff and did all Shocktober sort of stuff it would be way better than SF, and I stand by it, all the new stuff is really good.

I'll miss Street Fight Radio especially the call-in show but Guys has been amazing so far.

bartok
May 10, 2006

The Loss Prevention Guys episode is a must listen.

bartok
May 10, 2006

They have a bootleg looking Dickbutt in a tuxedo coin.

bartok
May 10, 2006

Dying at Bryan revealing he would enjoy an ice cold Jello shot after work.

bartok
May 10, 2006

MassRafTer posted:

Tomorrow's episode of Guys features the debut of a new character they've been hinting out on Guys+ for a few weeks and he's incredible.

fintastic episode

bartok
May 10, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oUe48-NgszM

bartok
May 10, 2006

Ramrod Hotshot posted:

I listened to the entire chive episode and relistened to the beginning of it and I still don't really know what "the chive" is

I was at a restaurant last weekend that had Chive TV on one of the TVs. The sound was muted but from what I could tell it was just fail video compilations, Go Pro filmed extreme sports clips, and of course women in bikinis. It did not make me stay longer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bartok
May 10, 2006

I think South Park has some genuinely funny episodes that still hold up. That said it's usually the episodes that manage to stay fairly apolitical and have the kids act like kids instead of mouth pieces for Matt and Trey's millionaire libertarian beliefs. I also haven't seen an episode of South Park since the one where Cartman dresses up as a superhero and named himself after a racial slur and thought what the gently caress am I doing watching this poo poo.

I am looking forward to this week's episode on "Horror Guys" because I definitely was a horror guy in my 20s. I still love horror movies but I'm not an rear end in a top hat about it online.

bartok fucked around with this message at 16:06 on Jun 19, 2023