Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
That wasn't what I expected but alrighty, then.

Sounds like it's going to be a pretty bad movie though

quote:

The recent story about the firing of directors Phil Lord & Christopher Miller shocked the internet as fans started to move away from cautious optimism toward the Star Wars: Han Solo movie to outright panic. We reached out to a couple of sources to get a better idea about what’s happened, and the picture is a little clearer – while it’s certainly not prettier, there is a bit of good news tucked away in all of this.

[...]

For anyone who’s worried that the actor playing a young Han Solo isn’t taking his role seriously, rest easy – Ehrenreich one of the most important people involved with the project who voiced his concerns about the project at a crucial moment in the movie’s development, which means that he’s absolutely committed to bringing his A-game to this role. Ehrenreich’s performance has been described to us as being an interesting new take on Han that stands out on its own while still honoring the essentials of the character, and that it’s a worthy interpretation of the iconic scoundrel.

And this is why Ehrenreich had concerns with the production as filming progressed. He started to worry that Lord & Miller’s screwball comedy angle was starting to interfere with what the character of Han Solo is really about – even if this was a younger, more reckless take on the character than the one we met in that Cantina on Tatooine. One source described it as being oddly comparable to Jim Carrey’s performance in Ace Ventura at times. Ehrenreich let his concerns be known to one of the producers, who then told Kennedy about it, which led to her decision to look over the existing footage (which is also a normal part of the production process, but this is where things get interesting).

https://www.starwarsnewsnet.com/2017/06/what-our-sources-are-saying-about-the-star-wars-han-solo-shakeup.html

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

shikaka

Blahsmack
Oct 25, 2003

bumble bee tuna

Haier
Aug 10, 2007

by Lowtax
Internet idiots upset about pop culture cash-grab garbage movies. OMG

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit
Han was (probably) not actually a very good smuggler. So, a slapsttick movie of him bumbling his way across the galaxy would be great.

Rasta_Al
Jul 14, 2001

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.
Fun Shoe
I hope they ruin it so bad that nerds poo poo themselves. gently caress this cash grab garbage. Lol

DONKEY SALAMI
Jun 28, 2008

donkey? donkey?

A scene where Han returns lost baby chewbacca to his mom and they reenact Ace ventura blowjob scene would be good back story.

Thirsty Girl
Dec 5, 2015

oh no that three-dicked alien i hosed...

...was a man!!

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Out here, everything hurts

the part when ace comes out of the rhinos butthole is better than any scene in star wars

slave to my cravings
Mar 1, 2007

Got my mind on doritos and doritos on my mind.

Tom Gorman posted:

the part when ace comes out of the rhinos butthole is better than any scene in star wars

One of the finest scenes in all of film history

Toilet Shoes
Aug 22, 2016

by Lowtax

Tom Gorman posted:

Now imagine Han coming out of, or into, Jabba's butt.

Serak
Jun 18, 2000

Approaching Midnight.
Yeah, it's pretty hard for me to believe that a corporate property like Star Wars, which probably has more industry riding on the success of any particular movie than any other franchise, doesn't have producers examining the dailies on the regular or that Kathleen Kennedy needed the star of the film to speak up and tell her that maybe things weren't going to plan.

Hustlin Floh
Jul 20, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Is Tone Loc gonna be in it?!?

great big cardboard tube
Sep 3, 2003

would it be funnier to say I'm not going to watch it or that I'm going to watch it and then complain incessantly on the internet about it? either way I'm not going to watch it

Neurosis
Jun 10, 2003
Fallen Rib

Serak posted:

Yeah, it's pretty hard for me to believe that a corporate property like Star Wars, which probably has more industry riding on the success of any particular movie than any other franchise, doesn't have producers examining the dailies on the regular or that Kathleen Kennedy needed the star of the film to speak up and tell her that maybe things weren't going to plan.

you're assuming the producers aren't idiots or taken in by whatever narrative miller and lord were peddling. having multiple producers looking at this might not help at all, depending on how much in the way of groupthink exchanges was going on. corporate hierarchies are not perfect informational channels.

Haier
Aug 10, 2007

by Lowtax
So if the movie is a comedy, would be like a live-action Space Dandy?

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.

Serak posted:

it says in the article that the dailies were fine and it wasn't until they started editing a workprint that they realized it wasn't in line with kasden's script

Gazpacho
Jun 18, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Slippery Tilde

Hustlin Floh posted:

Is Tone Loc gonna be in it?!?
that one of the aliens in the holiday special right?

Gazpacho
Jun 18, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Slippery Tilde
btw someone post the baby wookiee gif

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

> access main security grid
access: PERMISSION DENIED.

Your blaster is digging into my hip.

Ramrod Hotshot
May 30, 2003

lol at all of this

they should've kept Ace Ventura Han and made Jar Jar his sidekick

Julius CSAR
Oct 3, 2007

by sebmojo
*han solo crawls out of a steaming creature carcass*

"Pretty hot in these rhinos!"

ProfessorMurder
Aug 27, 2003

I can wet the bed in the shape of Abraham Lincoln
Friends, Ewoks, Sand People! Lend me your rears!

BONE DOG
Jun 7, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Why make this movie

Not Nipsy Russell
Oct 6, 2004

Failure is always an option.
Hey Lando!
Hey Lando!
Hey Lando!
You wanna hear the most annoying sound in the world?
<Chewie> GREAAAUUGHEWAWAWAWAYAAUM

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

Hey, guys. Oh, Bantha Milk, huh? All right... Well, see you later!

ProfessorMurder
Aug 27, 2003

I can wet the bed in the shape of Abraham Lincoln
Oh you Millennium Falcon, Millennium Falcon, we love you. And our Millennium Falcon, Millennium Falcon loves us, too. Hi, ho.

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

Pawn 17 posted:

Your blaster is digging into my hip.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Lord and Miller movies are what all modern movies should be

Blurry Gray Thing
Jun 3, 2009
The butt-talking scene, but Han's butt speaks in Wookie.

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
A Lando prequel is cool

A Han Solo prequel is lame

But the Han Solo trilogy of novels was great he gets drugged by Boba Fett and becomes best friends with Jabba.

Gr4vyB04t
Jan 31, 2010

Hey gurl, hey.
Disney keeps hiring all these visionary directors with distinct styles and then freaking out when they dare put their stamp on their precious Star Wars license. Disney needs to chill the gently caress out.

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
lets make some poo poo products and then turn them into gold by slapping the star wars logo on them and people will eat that poo poo up

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

AnElegantPeacock posted:

Disney keeps hiring all these visionary directors with distinct styles and then freaking out when they dare put their stamp on their precious Star Wars license. Disney needs to chill the gently caress out.

Welcome to Hollywood of the past decade

Blurry Gray Thing
Jun 3, 2009
But no, seriously, they're gonna reshoot it into an absolutely joyless slog about people with no personality running from one explosion to the next, as different-enough-to-make-a-new-toy vehicles fly above and jog in the background and we'll all wish there was a talking butt.

Gazpacho
Jun 18, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Slippery Tilde
han catches a laser bolt in his teeth at point blank range before returning fire

Julius CSAR
Oct 3, 2007

by sebmojo

Blurry Gray Thing posted:

But no, seriously, they're gonna reshoot it into an absolutely joyless slog about people with no personality running from one explosion to the next, as different-enough-to-make-a-new-toy vehicles fly above and jog in the background and we'll all wish there was a talking butt.

I want to see Gareth Edwards original cut for Rouge One

Trip Larsen
Oct 4, 2006

My great-grandfather started Larsen Pork Products with little more than three pigs and a killing hammer. Today, I'm proud to say, we kill more pigs than pig hepatitis.
The Jump Street movies and The Lego Movie were all extremely fun to watch, so I assume Disney wanted none of that poo poo in their Han Solo movie. Star Wars is serious business.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
Rogue one was really bad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
Han Ventura: Hutt Detective

Hey that doesn't sound half bad after all so gently caress Disney I guess

• Locked thread